Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Melbourne
O.K then.

I should declare that already have Duncan and am looking at Dunkley myself, but the clouds over Martin, Doc & Cog have me still uncommitted - my decisions may come down to how Close performs on my bench tonight.

I think I would prefer Wingard over Dahlhaus, so would favour option 2. However, it would be better if you could come up with an option that means that you don't need to commit to a trade tonight so you could buy time to get some more certainty around the unknowns.
Cheers,

TBH I'm more focused on O/A rank, league wins would be nice, but O/A is the main goal, I'm trying to find a way to stay in the top 500, but think I will be fighting a loosing battle.

I guess if I'm going Dahlhaus it needs to be done today, if I go Duncan it needs to be done today in any case if I need to get Draper out of R3 via Comben it needs to be done by tomorrow unless I use Cameron, which could delay it a little longer.

I guess I would like to think that if someone was giving an option it would be in the best interests of the team they are advising and not to benefit self-interest ;)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trade Walters or Dev Smith to Greenwood?

Walters plays North (120 avg in his last 3 vs them) and Dogs

Dev plays Port and Dees
You probably know how well Smith/Essendon are doing much better than me. Cue is in the rack by the look of it to me. I would be trading Smith, purely as North are actively trying to lose - should be plenty of shots on goal this week for Walters (fingers crossed).

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Cheers,

TBH I'm more focused on O/A rank, league wins would be nice, but O/A is the main goal, I'm trying to find a way to stay in the top 500, but think I will be fighting a loosing battle.

I guess if I'm going Dahlhaus it needs to be done today, if I go Duncan it needs to be done today in any case if I need to get Draper out of R3 via Comben it needs to be done by tomorrow unless I use Cameron, which could delay it a little longer.

I guess I would like to think that if someone was giving an option it would be in the best interests of the team they are advising and not to benefit self-interest ;)
Self interest would have made me encourage you to trade today rather than make a move when you have more info! Like you, I am focusing on overall because I look like having my best year overall, but yes leagues are nice for 50/50 calls ... problem is that I am out of both my cash leagues and the 5 other leagues where I am in major league finals a 50/50 call that benefits one, disadvantages another!

If you need to involve Draper, I can see that it won't matter for you to make a move sooner rather than later, and hopefully team announcement clear a couple of questions up with definite out calls. I still favour option 2.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Self interest would have made me encourage you to trade today rather than make a move when you have more info! Like you, I am focusing on overall because I look like having my best year overall, but yes leagues are nice for 50/50 calls ... problem is that I am out of both my cash leagues and the 5 other leagues where I am in major league finals a 50/50 call that benefits one, disadvantages another!

If you need to involve Draper, I can see that it won't matter for you to make a move sooner rather than later, and hopefully team announcement clear a couple of questions up with definite out calls. I still favour option 2.
Cheers mate,

My self-interest comment was not specifically aimed at you persue, just a general comment.

Thanks for your thoughts and good luck in our PL2 match, but I think I will be the one who needs the luck ;)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Please help me with a dilemma for my draft prelim.

Pick 3 defenders to field out of the following 5:

Laird
Luke McDonald
Houston
Houli
Vlastuin

I'm pretty confident in Laird and McDonald, bit of a raffle for the final spot.

AFL Club
Fremantle

Laird
Luke McDonald
Houston
Houli
Vlastuin

Laird and McDonald (y)

Tough call on the third but tonight's game will be pretty competitive, which leans me toward one of the Richmond guys because it will be pretty back and fourth up and down the ground. Both Richmond and Geelong play fairly free flowing footy so should be good opportunity to rebound.

I want to say Houli for potential scoring, and Vlaustuin for a consistent 80-100.

Not sure if that helps at all!

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm nervous as a person who has owned Walters for 3 weeks that when I trade him this week to Greenwood he will be go 120. He has North after all, who he has a 3 game 120 avg against :LOL:
He’s certainly due a big one but geez he’s been rubbish for me since coming back from injury.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne

Laird
Luke McDonald
Houston
Houli
Vlastuin

I think Vlastiun is the safe pick, but Houli I think has the higher ceiling, so I would punt on Houli

Walters seems to be relying a lot on goals for a decent score based on last week. Might get them against the Kangaroos, not so sure against the Dogs. Smith has been scoring better and has the Hawks/Dockers, a pretty good draw. Smith for me.
I don’t want to sway you one way or another but....

Definitely, unequivocally NOT Walters.
Thanks guys - what about Bailey Smith vs Robbie Gray?

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Laird
Luke McDonald
Houston
Houli
Vlastuin

Agree with the two you have locked in. Tough call on the third, but Vlaustin seems like he should have the best score of the three across two rounds - more consistent.

Thanks guys - what about Bailey Smith vs Robbie Gray?
I personally prefer Smith, mostly as two times I have traded Gray in, his scoring dropped off. Not to say it will happen for you, just annoys me.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
All look like fantastic options. Lyons for me in a close one (as he is not in my SC team). Hopefully there's no resting next week, as Boak is probably a candidate for that. Jelly coming back from injury is a slight worry too.
I think it’s down to Boak or Lyon(leaning towards Boak). I think Boak will play RD 18 cause it’s on Monday week and then there is the bye before the finals

AFL Club
Adelaide
Fwd cover to replace Mozzie. 1 trade & $229k to play with.

Coleman v Gardner v Ham v ????
Leaning towards Coleman, with his DPP.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, agree. Coleman.

Dixon (against Essendon) v Acres (against NM)?
Coleman, best of a bad bunch.

Acres. You can never rely on key forwards, even if he may go big.
Thanks for the affirmation.
There aren't any standouts, but anything to cover a donut.
Biggest risk is that I have to make the move before confirmation he's named. :eek: