Opinion Player X vs. Player Y

AFL Club
Sydney
Titch for me on the second one.

First one tough. Is it your last forward spot? If so I would be holding it for Dangerfield. If not, Hall just, only because I think the Cats will lose their next three and it might be a tough way to start a key forward in your team.
Sort of, it would be a swap for Zorko but I'm also bringing in Danger that week. If I go for flavour of the month Langford I can get Bont and Walsh in mids over say Titch and Walsh.

A: Bont (McNeil to be kept on bench); or

B: Lyons (Poulter to be retained on bench, and can keep for further price growth and bench coverage before maybe culling)
Lyons worries me with Neale coming back in. I think you're paying top price for someone that will likely drop back to that 110 average - still a premium, but overpriced.

AFL Club
West Coast
Not really an X v Y, but… is Bontempelli too expensive?
Kind of?

He's "fairly priced", you'll likely get what you pay for. The problem is you're not likely to get more than you pay for so unless you're in a position where you've got spare cash, you can probably allocate the difference better somewhere else. You could also get less than you paid for.

Feels like there are better options for all but the 1% of teams.
I dont see how you can go without Bont when you look at their run, Fremantle,Geelong,WC,North,GC and Adelaide next 6, he'll absolutely dominate 4 or 5 of those matchups.

If you've got the cash get him.
Exactly on point, is fair value. However, if wanting a player that no one seems to tag and maximise points on field, then he is a must have.

However, depends on financial position. I traded hard for cash generation early and so will bring in Bont next round. Downside would be if he started getting tagged back to 100-110 levels or worse.

Going for league, my aim it to have the best team in last 4 rounds, whilst winning enough games along the way. If going overall, it is to plug the gaps quicker and value plays can do this.

If I was going overall and focused on all the best players, then by the time I get there it would be too hard to make up the ground.

Bont is a legitimate capt choice and that is worthwhile in a season when we get mixed results. More so he tends to be VC option.

AFL Club
Essendon
Boak & $47.2k v Duncan
I'm reasonably sure Duncan doesn't have great history in the bank end of seasons, at least recently. I got him last year around mid year for about a 95-100 average from then on and reckon the same happened the year before. Not sure how much of that was injury impacted though, but still.. not sure he's likely to outscore Boak from here so would take Boak and the $47k which could tip the balance on a future upgrade.

Actually did a quick look at the stats:

2020 - averaged 96 from rounds 10-18
2019 - averaged 95 from rounds 14-23 (post bye which was round 13)
2018 - averaged 105 from rounds 15-23 (post bye which was round 14)

Not sure Boak is any better (don't have those stats handy atm) but something to think about!

AFL Club
Adelaide
Hi All

This is more of a WHOLE TEAM X v Y but would love some feedback on what you would do in my shoes......noting I am currently ranked around 5k so it is a middling year for me where gunning for 3 digits is about the best I can hope for with overall rank.

The whole game change/2 extra trades means i now have a dilemma in round 14 like nearly everyone else. I now have only 16 playing as Short/Martin are unexpectedly out of my team in that round. I can use my 2 "free" trades to get 18 on park or I can cop it on the chin and keep my "free" trades for later in the year.

X - 16 Playing in round 14, 3 trades left after eventually (likely R 16) getting to a completed team, Oliver/Zorko in my team for the rest of the year

Y - 18 Playing in round 14, 1 trade left after eventually (likely R 16) getting to a completed team, Bont/Danger in my team for the rest of the year

As far as i see it having Bont and Danger in R14 could make me somwhere between 200-250 points so I need to decide if the safety of those extra 2 trades after I have a completed team for the rest of the year is likely to make those points back for me.

As boring as it is for round 14 i am leaning towards option X as I also retain some chance of adding Danger (likely) Bont (Unlikely) to my finished product of a team, and a bit more opportunity to make up ground with my 3 remaining trades if carnage strikes in the back half of the year

Thoughts?

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm reasonably sure Duncan doesn't have great history in the bank end of seasons, at least recently. I got him last year around mid year for about a 95-100 average from then on and reckon the same happened the year before. Not sure how much of that was injury impacted though, but still.. not sure he's likely to outscore Boak from here so would take Boak and the $47k which could tip the balance on a future upgrade.

Actually did a quick look at the stats:

2020 - averaged 96 from rounds 10-18
2019 - averaged 95 from rounds 14-23 (post bye which was round 13)
2018 - averaged 105 from rounds 15-23 (post bye which was round 14)

Not sure Boak is any better (don't have those stats handy atm) but something to think about!
I was just thinking that I had Danger pegged as a starting pick because Geelong had an easy first half. I was wondering if anyone has done a mid year draw analysis and if we should be tempering our expectations around Geelong players?

AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi All

This is more of a WHOLE TEAM X v Y but would love some feedback on what you would do in my shoes......noting I am currently ranked around 5k so it is a middling year for me where gunning for 3 digits is about the best I can hope for with overall rank.

The whole game change/2 extra trades means i now have a dilemma in round 14 like nearly everyone else. I now have only 16 playing as Short/Martin are unexpectedly out of my team in that round. I can use my 2 "free" trades to get 18 on park or I can cop it on the chin and keep my "free" trades for later in the year.

X - 16 Playing in round 14, 3 trades left after eventually (likely R 16) getting to a completed team, Oliver/Zorko in my team for the rest of the year

Y - 18 Playing in round 14, 1 trade left after eventually (likely R 16) getting to a completed team, Bont/Danger in my team for the rest of the year

As far as i see it having Bont and Danger in R14 could make me somwhere between 200-250 points so I need to decide if the safety of those extra 2 trades after I have a completed team for the rest of the year is likely to make those points back for me.

As boring as it is for round 14 i am leaning towards option X as I also retain some chance of adding Danger (likely) Bont (Unlikely) to my finished product of a team, and a bit more opportunity to make up ground with my 3 remaining trades if carnage strikes in the back half of the year

Thoughts?
Unfortunately I think your instinct is right, and having 3 trades left is the wrong side of the line and you need to be sensible.

If there was a 17/2 option with Danger over Zorko for the rest of the year that might be close to the border. Depending on how Danger looks and how Zorko's role looks in a fully-fit Lions team, you might be able to add some points to the equation in a Danger v Zorko XvY for the rest of the season, which might tip you over the edge. Oliver v Bont seems like a wash.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi All

Thoughts?
I think I’d probably lean to Option X as well. We’ve seen time and time again teams run out of trades with 3-4 weeks to go when a common/popular premium goes down and we are left stranded.

Let’s be honest, having 16 warm bodies in around 14 will likely be more than most are rolling out that week.

AFL Club
Essendon
I was just thinking that I had Danger pegged as a starting pick because Geelong had an easy first half. I was wondering if anyone has done a mid year draw analysis and if we should be tempering our expectations around Geelong players?
Would be interesting to see.. after all, we don't need the best players.. just the best players from now till seasons end!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would appreciate any opinions on the following.

Pick 2 to trade out from Highmore, Murphy and F. Macrae.

Planning on bringing in Whitfield and Bianco.

Shia Bolton or Aaron Hall rest of season? Disregarding round 14 bye.
For hall, I’m worried with Tarrant n McDonald coming back in
For Bolton, he doesn’t really have a high ceiling n only score well when he kicks goals
Thoughts? I’m playing for leagues

AFL Club
West Coast
Sort of, it would be a swap for Zorko but I'm also bringing in Danger that week. If I go for flavour of the month Langford I can get Bont and Walsh in mids over say Titch and Walsh.
Funny, opposite for me.

Getting Bont in next week and allows me to get Langford in the forward line too!

AFL Club
Carlton
Right, so assuming no disasters from here, I have a trade plan that gets me 18 in R14 without considering this move. Do I trade out Ridley or Short to get Whitfield?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Right, so assuming no disasters from here, I have a trade plan that gets me 18 in R14 without considering this move. Do I trade out Ridley or Short to get Whitfield?
I am strongly looking at both out as sideways moves, but can probably only manage to do one with the number of trades I have. I have decided to ditch Ridley for Whitfield (pending final teams for Sunday), so there is a high likelihood Short is the right way to go. Good luck, it's pretty much 50/50 for me.