Opinion POD Hunting

Zagbag

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Sydney
We're obviously still a long way out, but I thought I'd open up some discussion about potential PODs that people are looking at.

Here's a few on each line I'm intrigued by, some that I was staggered to see had 3% ownership or less:

Defender:
3% Luke Ryan
2% Harris Andrews
1% Wayne Milera
1% Aliir Aliir

Midfielders:
3% Dayne Zorko
3% Jaeger O'Meara
1% Mitch Duncan
1% Seb Ross

Forwards:
3% Tom McDonald
1% David Mundy
1% Jack Darling
0% Travis Boak

- Boak at 0% is interesting - so much talk about Port's lack of midfield options, if he returns to a full midfield role (still only 30) then he'll be a reliable commodity in the forward line.
- Take out Darling's two injury scores and he averaged about 96 in the regular season. I hate cherry-picking stats, but that stands out.
- Duncan is ultra consistent - with Gaz to the forward line and Selwood potentially on the wane, can we just bank in 21 games at 108 already for Duncan? Worse out there.

Any speculative picks that people are willing to share?

Hasnoshoes

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
Darling is the only POD in my team at the moment.

Have had Zorko & T Lynch ( injury concerns) in my team at various times.

Have strongly considered Bont & T Adams but struggling to pick them over Dusty/Crouch/Sloane/Merrett/Zorko at similar price point. Billings & Gresham on the radar if it looks like they get mid time.

Bermi

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Collingwood
I am tempted with Duncan, but there are a few around his price range to compete for my liking. Probably the fact that I have Dangerfield and Menegola in the Fwd line, places Duncan further down the list.

AFL Club
North Melb.
DEF:
Crisp 3%
Short 2%

RUCK:
Jacobs 3%
Witts 3%
Nankervis 2%
McEvoy 1%

FOR:
Lobb 3%
C. Curnow 3%

With every man and his dog going with Grundy and/or Gawn, one of those PODs could be an interesting choice.

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jack Steele ready to breakout IMO

1%
Don't mind him if he wasn't pure MID status and had guaranteed JS ...but at his price tag you'd want to be pretty confident as an extra 30k puts you in the territory of Dusty, Zorko, Sloane, Zerret etc.

I don't trust any of the roles within that team .... Billings, Newnes, Gresham etc ...

Woodsey

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Callan Ward at 1% ownership is also an option - averaged 108 post-bye and hasnt missed a game in 4 years.
Dont think Shiels departure has an impact on his scoring as he has always had high on-ball minutes.

Could be a really good pick and I love the way he goes about it. Just depends if you already a combination of Whitfield, Williams, Kelly, Taranto, Greene how many GWS players are too many.

Yikes

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Callan Ward at 1% ownership is also an option - averaged 108 post-bye and hasnt missed a game in 4 years.
Dont think Shiels departure has an impact on his scoring as he has always had high on-ball minutes.

Could be a really good pick and I love the way he goes about it. Just depends if you already a combination of Whitfield, Williams, Kelly, Taranto, Greene how many GWS players are too many.
like this pick, kelly-120, cogs-112 ward-108 I reckon