Qatar 2022 - FIFA World Cup Tipping [21st Nov to 18th Dec]

AFL Club
North Melb.
I'm actually pretty pleased, that I actually figured one out correctly!
I haven't put too much logical thinking into my tips, but I did with France v Denmark. Both teams were sitting pretty for the next stage, as long as the opposition didn't score. So we had 2 teams playing each other, that were more interested in holding the opposition scoreless, than actually scoring themselves. I tipped the 0-0 draw, and we got our first one for the tournament, after 38 matches. I watched the whole game, and it went pretty much as I suspected. Neither team really showed much earnest attack.

As a disclaimer, I also went 0-0 in Aus v Peru, but that was because both teams looked like they were struggling to score!
I came to the same conclusion however went 1-1 because still think it is more likely than not that there will be at least goal in a game. However I went 1-0 Australia in the other because that would just be the sort of hard luck story the Aussie press would love.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I haven't been fortunate with the bonus point system, only the solidarity ONE thus far. Hopefully this improves as we head into the knock out phase of the competition.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I haven't been fortunate with the bonus point system, only the solidarity ONE thus far. Hopefully this improves as we head into the knock out phase of the competition.
Good strategy to leave them to later where you will get double or triple for the same effort.

AFL Club
Sydney
I’m in regional France with patchy wifi, cannot download file. Can I send you tips for this round via PM on here? Could also reply to the email? Apologies.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Congratulations to The Last Samurai who won the $50 prize for highest scorer for group stage round 3.

Also well done to THCLT, Rowsus, IDIG, The Last Samurai, Jaca, dicksilverman and Foxys Fe-Lions for qualifying for the Round of 16.

ps I qualified as well.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I’m in regional France with patchy wifi, cannot download file. Can I send you tips for this round via PM on here? Could also reply to the email? Apologies.
Sure - reply to the email if possible however pm if that is easier.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
@Beg2Differ continues his fantastic work on his competition.

With the Round of 16 matches completed overnight, below is an update on how SCS members are travelling.

A.jpg
B.jpg

Lack of bonus points really stifling my progress and I suspect Lenny5 has neglected to submit his tips of late...:(

Foxy's Fe-Lions, Rowsus, THCLT & Beg2Differ remained alive in the Stage Competition.

Still a maximum of 36 points on offer so anything can happen!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I went glory and tipped pretty much every upset which has backfired because quite a few have ended up in draws....I think that’s what the ones that are going to extra time/penalties are being scored as??

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
I went glory and tipped pretty much every upset which has backfired because quite a few have ended up in draws....I think that’s what the ones that are going to extra time/penalties are being scored as??
Only the matches which are decided on penalties are being scored as draws.

AFL Club
North Melb.
@Beg2Differ continues his fantastic work on his competition.

With the Round of 16 matches completed overnight, below is an update on how SCS members are travelling.

View attachment 4120
View attachment 4121

Lack of bonus points really stifling my progress and I suspect Lenny5 has neglected to submit his tips of late...:(

Foxy's Fe-Lions, Rowsus, THCLT & Beg2Differ remained alive in the Stage Competition.

Still a maximum of 36 points on offer so anything can happen!
Thanks THCLT.

Is it wrong to be loving the fact you are leading a comp on SCS for the first time ever even if it is a comp you invented and are running yourself........

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
AFL Club
North Melb.
Congratulations to THCLT and Rowsus for making the final (10 out of 130) in the World Cup tipping. Bad luck to Foxy's Fe-Lions who fell at the semi finals stage.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Congratulations to THCLT and Rowsus for making the final (10 out of 130) in the World Cup tipping. Bad luck to Foxy's Fe-Lions who fell at the semi finals stage.
Thanks Mark...was hoping this morning’s game stayed at 1-1 to give me a much needed boost up the overall points standing!

Again, great concept and masterly administered...we here at SCS could use your expertise in running future ‘in-house’ competitions.;)

For those unaware, Mark also administer and runs an AFL tipping competition (has been running for 17 years I believe). I’ve already put in my expression of interest for next year, I’m sure that he would be more than welcoming for ‘extra’ recruits.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Thanks Mark...was hoping this morning’s game stayed at 1-1 to give me a much needed boost up the overall points standing!

Again, great concept and masterly administered...we here at SCS could use your expertise in running future ‘in-house’ competitions.;)

For those unaware, Mark also administer and runs an AFL tipping competition (has been running for 17 years I believe). I’ve already put in my expression of interest for next year, I’m sure that he would be more than welcoming for ‘extra’ recruits.
Love this competition even though I’m crap at it!
I agree, Thanh.
Congratulations, Mark.
I don't think i've been part of a better administered comp.
Thanks gents - great to have you involved and a pity we have to cool our heels for another 4 years before we can do it all again.

Unfortunately my participation prowess doesn’t match my design and run prowess or it might be worth a few bucks.

I do help Doc Ron out with the Slams but am happy to help SCS any way I can.