Questions For Rowsus

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus

One final question for the year from me!

Who's your pick from this bunch?

Parfitt v Suns
Caddy v Doggies
Waite v Stk
Gresham v North
Cripps v Brisbane

Thanks for another great season!

B18
Hi B18,
congratulations on your season so far, I hope you finish it off with a good score!

I've picked Geelong to win by 98 points, so I'm guessing the Cats will also hog the SC points. Parfitt could go 50, or he could go 140. With all the competition for points, I'm going to guess he's mid 90's this week.

Caddy's found a little streak of form, and I reckon the Bulldogs might go into "tripaway" mode sometime around 3/4time. Caddy to take advantage, and score around 108

Waite - who knows, perfectly sumed up above. Could go 170, and could be on the bench injured by 1/4 time! It's too risky to predict anything too big, so I'll go 105. Interestingly, no scores between 80 and 100 this season!

Gresham - a player of the future, possibly, but only good for 85 this week.

Cripps has only 3 tons this season, and a top of 114. I think he's nearly, ........... nearly, the least likely to top score of your 5 options. I'll give him an 82 this week.

Caddy for me. :)

Bomber18

Dual Brownlow Medalist
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi B18,
congratulations on your season so far, I hope you finish it off with a good score!

I've picked Geelong to win by 98 points, so I'm guessing the Cats will also hog the SC points. Parfitt could go 50, or he could go 140. With all the competition for points, I'm going to guess he's mid 90's this week.

Caddy's found a little streak of form, and I reckon the Bulldogs might go into "tripaway" mode sometime around 3/4time. Caddy to take advantage, and score around 108

Waite - who knows, prerfectly sumed up above. Could go 170, and could be on the bench injured by 1/4 time! It's too risky to predict anything too big, so I'll go 105. Interestingly, no scores between 80 and 100 this season!

Gresham - a player of the future, possibly, but only good for 85 this week.

Cripps has only 3 tons this season, and a top of 114. I think he's nearly, ........... nearly, the least likely to top score of your 5 options. I'll give him an 82 this week.

Caddy for me. :)
Thanks rowsus for your detailed thoughts! Really interesting. Putting a lot of thought into as I want to hopefully get it right (as I'm probably gonna cop at least one donut from buddy). Caddy/Parfitt do seem least likely to disappoint too much with probably a 90 odd at worst due to their opposition. Although, I'm wondering whether I go for the roulette option of Waite! I'm sure there'll be a clear winner at the end of the round, hoping I land on him!

Bomber18

Dual Brownlow Medalist
AFL Club
Essendon
Too early to start the Q4Rs for 2019? I had the last question of 2018 - so thought it’d be fitting to open with the first for 2019!

I was wondering if you had a few names you had your eye on in the preseason that finished the year strongly? Sicily & Mclean from last season (and Macrae to some extent) were the 2018 success stories after finishing strong in 2017. CCurnow however didn’t quite work out for those that looked at his 2017 finish.

Few names I’ve seen pop up with strong 2018 finishes are JSteele, JGresham, and JDunkley.

Guys like Parfitt & Worpel might be on a few watchlists too with possibly more opportunities in the midfield available.

Have you got anyone else on your watchlist either due to a strong 2018 finish or possible breakout due to more midfield opportunities?

Thanks
B18

siwel

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Brisbane
Hi Rowus,
I hope you are well and enjoying the off season and the European summer. My questions relates to premiums that have changed clubs and what effect (if any) this have on their avg (GAJ, Judd, Danger, Beams etc) and any other information that can be gleaned from your analysis.
Thanks mate, much appreciated as always
Lewis