Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi MC & Ad,
my general thinking on Fyfe is, that unless you are down to 1 or 2 trades, and have no cover, he needs to go.
He might be back sooner, he may not be back at all!
Who replaces him can depend on your circumstances, though the general rule of thumb when replacing a M1/2/3/4 type is to go like for like the best you can. Some who might be struggling to generate cash to finish their last spot/s might try and get some cash out of the deal, and that's understandable, too.

My like for like order, which obviously will contain some players you might already have, and assumes you might have a little cash is:

Cripps, Kelly, Dangerfield, Neale, JPK, Selwood

My "grab a little cash" order is:

Adams, Pendlebury, Heppell or if you really want a risk and more cash, Dusty or Miller.

Good luck, I hope you jumped the right way!
Happy Holiday Rowsus.
I'm trading M Crouch in for Fyfe because I think he's close to a 'like for like' and 'a cash generator' as well, so I was surprised you didn't mention him.
What was your reason for not mentioning M Crouch?

Edit: Hmmm, just remembered about his crack in the hand and maybe that's the reason, but I'm thinking for long term for the League Comp.
For the long term, I think he is a good selection.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks MMM, apart from the heat wave that's been going since we got here, and the high humidity, it's been good so far!
I was there a couple of years ago during a heat wave and it was more stifling than anything I've come across in Oz. Trying to breathe in the subway was terrible. I would visit all the attractions in the morning, nap in my air conditioned hotel room in the afternoon and then wander the streets and restaurants at night. Because it was so hot the streets were packed at night and the place was buzzing.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks row for your reply. I hope your enjoying nyc.

Do you think Lloyd is a must have? He will be priced around 590k or do you think we will be able to get him a bit cheaper before round 20? Do you also think the likes of Webster and tmac can compete with Lloyd?
Thanks Ad,
I think he's now nearly in the "luxury" bracket.
If you have the dollars and the trades, then why not get him ........ but if you have the dollars and the trades, it would seem you have been a little slow in getting your team done, too.
As to will he drop in price enough by Round 20, that too becomes a 2 edged sword. For him to drop significantly in that time he needs to average around 100 or lower between now and then. If he does that, you then question whether you'd still pay around $540k for a Def who has averaged 100 in his last 3 games.
Even those at the pointy end need to question if getting him now is the right move, given the cost involved. They might be better off risking him, and seeing if they can find 15-20/game by either bumping their M8 to a better pick, or getting a strong loopholing option, preferably a DPP one. He does seem to have found Macrae's CD Gold card, that gives bonus points for breathing, but you just don't know how long he holds that card.
I think at his price, I'd be saving the trade and hoping he comes back to Earth.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Happy Holiday Rowsus.
I'm trading M Crouch in for Fyfe because I think he's close to a 'like for like' and 'a cash generator' as well, so I was surprised you didn't mention him.
What was your reason for not mentioning M Crouch?

Edit: Hmmm, just remembered about his crack in the hand and maybe that's the reason, but I'm thinking for long term for the League Comp.
For the long term, I think he is a good selection.
Thanks Bermi. :)
The cracked hand, Sloane being back, a history of quite a few 30 possession games resulting in 90's type scores.
I just think he's a risk. He finished last season on the type of streak you want here, but I just think those question marks would have me looking somewhere else. He's well priced for the risk, but should not be looked at as a cash generator.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was there a couple of years ago during a heat wave and it was more stifling than anything I've come across in Oz. Trying to breathe in the subway was terrible. I would visit all the attractions in the morning, nap in my air conditioned hotel room in the afternoon and then wander the streets and restaurants at night. Because it was so hot the streets were packed at night and the place was buzzing.
Pretty much been our game plan too, freo. We have 2 days left, any suggestions for "non-typical" tourist activities for our last days?

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty much been our game plan too, freo. We have 2 days left, any suggestions for "non-typical" tourist activities for our last days?
not sure I have non typical tourist things to do and you may have done some. Cityline cruise around south end of manhatten is good given heat, gives view of statute, although better to go onto island and into base (need to pre book). Bike ride around CP. Always enjoy finding Hugo Boss and suit bargains at Century 21. ice cream and pizza (grimaldi) on other side of brooklyn bridge, would hire a bike. Baseball game is amazing although I went on a mild sunny day.

Let me know if you make conney island, one spot I havent been to. Done most of musuems, prefer to see the city. Sandwich at Locanda Verde (Robert De Niro) is cool.

AFL Club
Collingwood
not sure I have non typical tourist things to do and you may have done some. Cityline cruise around south end of manhatten is good given heat, gives view of statute, although better to go onto island and into base (need to pre book). Bike ride around CP. Always enjoy finding Hugo Boss and suit bargains at Century 21. ice cream and pizza (grimaldi) on other side of brooklyn bridge, would hire a bike. Baseball game is amazing although I went on a mild sunny day.

Let me know if you make conney island, one spot I havent been to. Done most of musuems, prefer to see the city. Sandwich at Locanda Verde (Robert De Niro) is cool.
Grimaldi Pizza best pizza ever

yum yum

walked over the Bridge , pizza , ice cream and the views

amazing

AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm afraid I was very much the tourist seeing all the top 10 stuff. Otherwise, being from Denmark you might enjoy the LEGO store at the Rockefeller centre. I enjoyed Top of the Rock much more than the Empire State Building. The foyer of the daily news building was cool with the massive globe used in the Superman movies. I went to a Womens Basketball game at Madison Square Garden and they rolled out this enormous disco ball into the middle of the court as part of the pre game and half time entertainment! I found the tennis court above Grand Central Station that Lleyton Hewitt used to practice at before the US Open.
I hope you find something interesting Rowsus.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Our main highlights were the 9/11 museum at ground zero, bikes around Central Park and walking along the High Line if you're around Manhattan. Quite a few cool shops around Times Square to visit as well. The M&Ms store was (surprisingly) amazing, as was the NBA store.
Enjoy!

AFL Club
Melbourne
I was in NY with friends about a year ago. Went to a bar called Mr Purple on the top floor of some semi high rise building - very cool view of the city at night and and pretty cool bar if you like that sort of thing.
Also had pizza lunch at a great Italian restaraunt in Little Italy (Mulberry St) just next to China town.

AFL Club
Brisbane
hi Row, hope you had a good trip!!
have 6 trades left. is it smart to use 2 these week as DG, Cole to Lynch and Ryan to Powell? gives me $368k, 4 trades left, completed team (albeit not the strongest). Don't see another opportunity to DG coming up and it's the only way i can get some bank. i'll have reasonable bench cover and the 4 trades will be used for injuries, and/or finals.

thoughts appreciated as always!

edit - or am i smarter to do dg Cole to Lynch, and ug McGov to Lloyd, who's killing me!?

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
hi Row, hope you had a good trip!!
have 6 trades left. is it smart to use 2 these week as DG, Cole to Lynch and Ryan to Powell? gives me $368k, 4 trades left, completed team (albeit not the strongest). Don't see another opportunity to DG coming up and it's the only way i can get some bank. i'll have reasonable bench cover and the 4 trades will be used for injuries, and/or finals.

thoughts appreciated as always!

edit - or am i smarter to do dg Cole to Lynch, and ug McGov to Lloyd, who's killing me!?
Hi d1ck,
hopefully you can bounce back up into the top 1,000 this week.
If I was sitting in your chair, I think i'd go the Lynch/Lloyd option.
He has the potential to hold you out of getting higher, even if he falls back a bit.
It seems like the safer move, just in case he stays on this tear that he's on.
good luck :)

hi row

im in the process of completing my last upgrade in the defence. my team is basically completed with walters sitting at m8 however i am hoping to push him to m9/f7. my current defense line is sicily, laird, simpson, crisp, yeo. ideally i would love to have lloyd but paying 600k and basically left with no money after i upgrade him to cole will cause issues for my team moving forward. i dont think i have a choice to go without him.
Tom mcdonald is someone that i am excited about bringing into my team. he has brusied/fractured ribs. he was on 75 at half time and finisehd with 103. i only see him getting better as the year goes on. the only thing i dont like about him is his draw. where do you tmac finishing for the remainder of the year? the other option i have is to bring in lloyd. Walters is acting as my m8 but soon he will be my m9/f7 if i trade in tmac. if i bring in lloyd i will need to upgrade walters and have ahern as cover which im not thrilled about as he can be dropped anytime. i guess the question is trade in lloyd and have ahern or no cover or trade in tmac save 100k and keep walters as cover. which option would u choose?

thanks row

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
hi row

im in the process of completing my last upgrade in the defence. my team is basically completed with walters sitting at m8 however i am hoping to push him to m9/f7. my current defense line is sicily, laird, simpson, crisp, yeo. ideally i would love to have lloyd but paying 600k and basically left with no money after i upgrade him to cole will cause issues for my team moving forward. i dont think i have a choice to go without him.
Tom mcdonald is someone that i am excited about bringing into my team. he has brusied/fractured ribs. he was on 75 at half time and finisehd with 103. i only see him getting better as the year goes on. the only thing i dont like about him is his draw. where do you tmac finishing for the remainder of the year? the other option i have is to bring in lloyd. Walters is acting as my m8 but soon he will be my m9/f7 if i trade in tmac. if i bring in lloyd i will need to upgrade walters and have ahern as cover which im not thrilled about as he can be dropped anytime. i guess the question is trade in lloyd and have ahern or no cover or trade in tmac save 100k and keep walters as cover. which option would u choose?

thanks row
Hi Ad,
Lloyd certainly doesn't fir every teams situation.
Looking at your team, and your situation, I'd go with TMac and the $100k., and get Walters to a covering role.

Hi Ad,
Lloyd certainly doesn't fir every teams situation.
Looking at your team, and your situation, I'd go with TMac and the $100k., and get Walters to a covering role.
Thanks row for your response. I’m sorry one last question what do you see tmac averaging from here on? Thanks heaps for your time

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks row for your response. I’m sorry one last question what do you see tmac averaging from here on? Thanks heaps for your time
I would think something in the 95-100 area would be a reasonable expectation from TMac for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.