Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Eagling,
Sorry for the short reply, as I’m at work.
Seems too like for like to me. I’d say no, don’t do it.
Cheers, thanks.

Might just ride out Smith/Hore/Logue and trust my top defenders and midfield to o***et my D5/D6.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Hi Rowsus,

Hope all's good

Have $253,800 in bank. Logue is currently $273,800 with a b.e of 45

Hurn is $532,800 with a b.e of 111

Whitfield is $564,100 with a b.e of 155

Just curious as to how many points logue needs to get within their scores to be able to afford the upgrade next week? I'm imagining i should be able to get Hurn if both players involved get their avg but will need a 80+ from Logue and a 95 odd from Whitfield.

If anyone else knows the answer would be much appreciated so Rowsus can work on something more important like the math behind sending us back to the moon. Cheers in advance

AFL Club
Carlton
Hey Rows,

Has always planned to get rid of both Bakers this week ( even though LBaker may come back in).
The plan was to bring in an mid/fwd and close the Negative pod in Neale.
This would allow Gray to move back to fwd line and push Parker who may get dropped this week to the bench.
I then have dpp option in Duursma for m/d and option to return Gray to mids if required.
The problem is having Parker and Ham on fwd bench.
Do I continue with the plan and bring Neale in?
Or bring in the playing Cameron m/f after his price rise for better cover which would force me to choose an alternative cheaper option in a Heeney/Crouch or JK for last mid spot.
Currently have 7 trades before any moves.
I guess it m depends if ROB gets dropped as well as I could eat a donut there also.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus,

Hope all's good

Have $253,800 in bank. Logue is currently $273,800 with a b.e of 45

Hurn is $532,800 with a b.e of 111

Whitfield is $564,100 with a b.e of 155

Just curious as to how many points logue needs to get within their scores to be able to afford the upgrade next week? I'm imagining i should be able to get Hurn if both players involved get their avg but will need a 80+ from Logue and a 95 odd from Whitfield.

If anyone else knows the answer would be much appreciated so Rowsus can work on something more important like the math behind sending us back to the moon. Cheers in advance
Hi AiW,
things are ok here. Around 11.30pm Melbourne time, Wednesday, I'll be jumping on a plane to come back to Aus, for a 10 day visit. :)
First let me say, congratulations on your season so far, and on your Leagues stellar season so far. We're all cheering your League on!!!

Using your figures, which look about right, you are looking at:

Logue to Hurn
currently costs $259,000 - your $253,800 = currently $5,200 short.

$5,200 / 440 = 11.82 points, let's call it 12 points.

Hurn B/E - Logue B/E - 12 points = 54 points => Logue needs to get withing 54 points of Hurn for you to do it one trade in Rnd 18.

Logue to Whitfield
currently costs $290,300 - your $253,800 = currently $36,500 short.

$36,500 / 440 = 82.95 points, let's call it 83 points.

Whitfield B/E - Logue B/E - 83 points = 27 points => Logue needs to get within 27 points of Whitfield, for you to do it one trade in Rnd 18.

Let's plug those numbers in, and see how it works.
Let's assume Logue scores his B/E of 45, and his price stays the same (it may actually change as much as +/-$200, if the B/E is accurate)

It means if Hurn scores 45 + 54 = 99, his price is now $532,800 - (111 - 99) x 440 = $527,500
It means if Whitfield scores 45 + 27 = 72, his new price is now $564,100 - (155 - 72) x 440 = $527,600
Logue $273,800 + bank $253,800 = $527,600

There is a +/-$200 in all those calcs, and it assumes the B/E's are accurate. To be safe, you probably bump it to Hurn (53) and Whitfield (26).

Good luck to you, and your League, the remainder of the season!

For those that don't know AiW is the admin for SCSBestoftheBest - the #1 Ranked League in SC!!!!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Rows,

Has always planned to get rid of both Bakers this week ( even though LBaker may come back in).
The plan was to bring in an mid/fwd and close the Negative pod in Neale.
This would allow Gray to move back to fwd line and push Parker who may get dropped this week to the bench.
I then have dpp option in Duursma for m/d and option to return Gray to mids if required.
The problem is having Parker and Ham on fwd bench.
Do I continue with the plan and bring Neale in?
Or bring in the playing Cameron m/f after his price rise for better cover which would force me to choose an alternative cheaper option in a Heeney/Crouch or JK for last mid spot.
Currently have 7 trades before any moves.
I guess it m depends if ROB gets dropped as well as I could eat a donut there also.
Hi Slam,
I say go ahead. A Fwd bench of Parker/Ham would be a much bigger problem, if you had fewer trades, but as it is, your trades offer you protection, so I'd get Neale.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus,

No question from me, my team with only 2 trades left, has pretty much gone past the point of no return, lol

Just wanted to pop by, to wish you safe travels on your trip and looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks for a few quiet ones ?

Safe travels ?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus,

No question from me, my team with only 2 trades left, has pretty much gone past the point of no return, lol

Just wanted to pop by, to wish you safe travels on your trip and looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks for a few quiet ones ?

Safe travels ?
Thanks, Deeman1.
Only 4 hours until I head off to the airport, and only 44 hours ( :eek::oops::rolleyes: ) until I walk in the front door of the family home.
Looking forward to catching up with you all!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks, Deeman1.
Only 4 hours until I head off to the airport, and only 44 hours ( :eek::oops::rolleyes: ) until I walk in the front door of the family home.
Looking forward to catching up with you all!
Better pack a good book! Safe travels mate ?

AFL Club
Carlton
Hey Rows

Losing Cogs hurts and still carrying ROB
Thoughts on Lambert as POD with Tigers to come home strong? Or go with Greene who is likely to spend more time in the guts.
Would then swing RGray to M8 to replace Cogs
With my plan in mind It is pretty much best mid or fwd for under $495k.

Cheers

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey evening Rows!

Hope you're well!

Tryna finalise my team and would appreciate your opinions on some players I'm considering!
Currently need to upgrade 1 midfield and 1 defensive spots. Got 4 trades and 400k left.

For the mids, what are your thoughts on Yeo, Taranto, Sidebottom and Luke Parker? Really keen on Taranto now that Cogs is out but he has shown to score very low on some days. How will J.Kelly coming back impact his scoring?

For the defense, what are your thoughts on Luke Ryan, Crisp, D.Rampe and Nic Newman? Been eyeing Rampe for a couple of weeks now but he seems a bit pricey! Not sure if Ryan will return to his earlier season form but he's real cheap at the moment. Newman is the one I'm completely unsure of, seems to be in good form at the moment but don't know if it will last.

p.s. Currently sitting at a very average rank of 17.5k overall so my priority is going for the league (where I'm 4th place with a 9-7 record). Been a bit lucky lately with 6 wins in the past 8 weeks. Worst case scenario is even if I lose these last 2 H2H rounds I will still finish 8th and make the finals. I like to think that's ok for my first time in SC lol

Thanks for all your help so far!
Cheers :)

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Rows

Losing Cogs hurts and still carrying ROB
Thoughts on Lambert as POD with Tigers to come home strong? Or go with Greene who is likely to spend more time in the guts.
Would then swing RGray to M8 to replace Cogs
With my plan in mind It is pretty much best mid or fwd for under $495k.

Cheers
Hey Slammer,
it's an interesting one. Lambert is a safer pick, if you are happy to take mid to high 90's, though if one of them was to get on a streak, and average near 110 from here, it would seem more likely to be Greene. We just don't know which Toby will turn up, but certainly his role last week looked promising!
It's a tough market below $500k for Mid and Fwds. Maybe Adams, if he is back, or Zerrett, if you can reach him.
Good luck

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey evening Rows!

Hope you're well!

Tryna finalise my team and would appreciate your opinions on some players I'm considering!
Currently need to upgrade 1 midfield and 1 defensive spots. Got 4 trades and 400k left.

For the mids, what are your thoughts on Yeo, Taranto, Sidebottom and Luke Parker? Really keen on Taranto now that Cogs is out but he has shown to score very low on some days. How will J.Kelly coming back impact his scoring?

For the defense, what are your thoughts on Luke Ryan, Crisp, D.Rampe and Nic Newman? Been eyeing Rampe for a couple of weeks now but he seems a bit pricey! Not sure if Ryan will return to his earlier season form but he's real cheap at the moment. Newman is the one I'm completely unsure of, seems to be in good form at the moment but don't know if it will last.

p.s. Currently sitting at a very average rank of 17.5k overall so my priority is going for the league (where I'm 4th place with a 9-7 record). Been a bit lucky lately with 6 wins in the past 8 weeks. Worst case scenario is even if I lose these last 2 H2H rounds I will still finish 8th and make the finals. I like to think that's ok for my first time in SC lol

Thanks for all your help so far!
Cheers :)
Morning, Rumbler.
First let me say, if your goal has become League, I wouldn't trade this week, unless absolutely necessary. You are going to need to have trades in hand, once the finals start!
Taranto:
Season 16/105.0
When both Kelly and Cogs play 11/103.5
When Kelly misses 3/95.3
When Cogs misses (or plays less than 10%) 2/127.5
The samples are small, I'm not sure I'd read too much into it, and just take him as roughly a 105 player for this season.
I'd probably take Parker or Yeo, before I took Sidebottom.
Crispe worries me with his role and disposal sometimes. Ryan may have dropped off a little, and Newman is a bit streaky. Rampe might be the pick of that bunch.
Good luck in the finals!

AFL Club
West Coast
Morning, Rumbler.
First let me say, if your goal has become League, I wouldn't trade this week, unless absolutely necessary. You are going to need to have trades in hand, once the finals start!
Taranto:
Season 16/105.0
When both Kelly and Cogs play 11/103.5
When Kelly misses 3/95.3
When Cogs misses (or plays less than 10%) 2/127.5
The samples are small, I'm not sure I'd read too much into it, and just take him as roughly a 105 player for this season.
I'd probably take Parker or Yeo, before I took Sidebottom.
Crispe worries me with his role and disposal sometimes. Ryan may have dropped off a little, and Newman is a bit streaky. Rampe might be the pick of that bunch.
Good luck in the finals!
Hey Rows!

The plan was to not use up anymore trades until the SC finals start but Hurn being out again this week leaves me with a bit of a dilemma. As I’m currently two players short of a full premium team, if Hurn misses again next week then I can only use two trades to bring in two players, leaving me one player short of a premium team. I was wondering whether to bring in a midfielder or a defender this week and go into the finals with 3 trades left. What would you do?!

Currently 4th in my league. There’s a chance I might finish 5th if I lose by 500 points or so against my opponent this weekend.

Thanks!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Rows!

The plan was to not use up anymore trades until the SC finals start but Hurn being out again this week leaves me with a bit of a dilemma. As I’m currently two players short of a full premium team, if Hurn misses again next week then I can only use two trades to bring in two players, leaving me one player short of a premium team. I was wondering whether to bring in a midfielder or a defender this week and go into the finals with 3 trades left. What would you do?!

Currently 4th in my league. There’s a chance I might finish 5th if I lose by 500 points or so against my opponent this weekend.

Thanks!
Hey Rumb,
given you are looking pretty safe inside the 4, I still think I'd hold off trading.
You never know what carnage you might be facing next week, so holding off stil looks like the best plan.
Good luck!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Row, just a quick one for you. Coming into finals this week I have my last mid upgrade to make to get me to a full premium team.

My mids are Fyfe, Oliver, Bont, Zerret, Cripps, Treloar and Sloane.

Got $551,000 to spend so unfortunately can’t get Neale or Macrae.

My options are Taranto, Parker, Duncan Cunnington, Yeo, Gaff or anyone under that.

I’m leaning towards Taranto but would love to get your opinion.

Thanks mate.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Row, just a quick one for you. Coming into finals this week I have my last mid upgrade to make to get me to a full premium team.

My mids are Fyfe, Oliver, Bont, Zerret, Cripps, Treloar and Sloane.

Got $551,000 to spend so unfortunately can’t get Neale or Macrae.

My options are Taranto, Parker, Duncan Cunnington, Yeo, Gaff or anyone under that.

I’m leaning towards Taranto but would love to get your opinion.

Thanks mate.
First, let's look at their Draws (home games in bold):

Fyfe: GEEL, stk, ESS, port
Parker: gws, port, melb, STK
Taranto: SYD, haw*, WBULL, gcoast
Cunnington: HAW, geel, PORT, melb*
Yeo, Gaff: carl, ADE, rich, HAW

* played in Canberra
* played in Launceston

Fyfe - while mathematically Freo can make the finals, it seems very unlikely. When they are officially ruled out, it wouldn't surprise me to see Fyfe cotton-woolled for the season. This really makes him a risk, plus he will likely cop a tag in Rnds 21 & 22. All things combined, I'd by pass him.
Parker - only averaged 91 in his last 4, but has a decent Draw. Barring injury, he should be safe to play the season out. Maybe.
Taranto - has averaged 112 his last 3, with KellyConiglio out, but Kelly should be back next week. Is Kelly the key, or Coniglio? A lot of tough questions, but definitely a maybe.
Cunnington - historically a mid 90's player, and has averaged 90 his past 6. Pass.
Yeo - 9 of his last 12 have been 110+!!! Averaged close to 115 in that time. Top of the list, I would think!
Gaff - looks like "Yeo lite". 9 of his last 12 have been 100+ for a 109 average. Probably 2nd pick behind Yeo.

My order: Yeo, Gaff, Taranto, Parker, Fyfe, Cunnington.

Good luck, I hope you jump the right way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.