Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
West Coast
@Rowsus
Hey bud! Ended up winning 2584 to 2459! He captained Hall while I stuck with Macrae VC.
If I had been a little bit braver and stuck the (C) on Laird or Hall, I would've gone past the 2600 barrier! But nonetheless I've won my main cash league for work for the third straight year (this is also my 3rd year playing SuperCoach)!
The colleagues are probably sick of me completely!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Overall I finished with ranking of just under 4.3k which I'm fairly happy with. I think I took more of a "safety first" approach in player picks/trade-ins this season and wasn't as aggressive or was reluctant to take risks in certain situations. Probably something I'll need to look at next year along with NOT trading rookies early and also learning to get my VC/C picks correct more consistenty lol

Just wanted to say a big thank you again for all your assistance/advice this season. This thread is probably my favourite thread on this forum and you do an unbelievable job answering all the questions thrown at you with concise stats & reasoning that sometimes makes one wonder "wow I never would've thought of it that way!". So it's much appreciated! 🙏

Enjoy the playo*** and then the off-season! See ya around on the other threads!

@Darkie thanks to you as well for the advice/tips this year! It's always helpful! :)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
@Rowsus
Hey bud! Ended up winning 2584 to 2459! He captained Hall while I stuck with Macrae VC.
If I had been a little bit braver and stuck the (C) on Laird or Hall, I would've gone past the 2600 barrier! But nonetheless I've won my main cash league for work for the third straight year (this is also my 3rd year playing SuperCoach)!
The colleagues are probably sick of me completely!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Overall I finished with ranking of just under 4.3k which I'm fairly happy with. I think I took more of a "safety first" approach in player picks/trade-ins this season and wasn't as aggressive or was reluctant to take risks in certain situations. Probably something I'll need to look at next year along with NOT trading rookies early and also learning to get my VC/C picks correct more consistenty lol

Just wanted to say a big thank you again for all your assistance/advice this season. This thread is probably my favourite thread on this forum and you do an unbelievable job answering all the questions thrown at you with concise stats & reasoning that sometimes makes one wonder "wow I never would've thought of it that way!". So it's much appreciated! 🙏

Enjoy the playo*** and then off-season! See ya around on the other threads!

@Darkie thanks to you as well for the advice/tips this year! It's always helpful! :)
Well done @Rumbler - 3 league wins from your first 3 seasons is a huge result!!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Row, hope you are well!

I'm thinking a little ahead to next year with this one. This year I made a fast start and was top 1k at around round 4 or 5 from memory. But I also found it a curse as I found myself focusing significantly on overall despite being a very outside chance, to the detriment of my cash leagues.

What I'm wondering - has there been any work done on where, historically, the 1st and 10th place finishers found themselves ranked at each round? It would be good to graph it, and understand statistically when to cut losses and focus exclusively on leagues (assuming the player isn't chasing an overall PB).

Thanks!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.

I'm thinking a little ahead to next year with this one. This year I made a fast start and was top 1k at around round 4 or 5 from memory. But I also found it a curse as I found myself focusing significantly on overall despite being a very outside chance, to the detriment of my cash leagues.

What I'm wondering - has there been any work done on where, historically, the 1st and 10th place finishers found themselves ranked at each round? It would be good to graph it, and understand statistically when to cut losses and focus exclusively on leagues (assuming the player isn't chasing an overall PB).

Thanks!
@nicohighscore
Is this something your SC Data tool can track...?

AFL Club
North Melb.

Thanks!
It actually not that hard to determine this for the current year. Using the rankings page and the followed by filter you can determine which team the winner follows and the dial back to round 1 and find that team with the followed by filter applied and tap on them to find the current overall rank. For example SuperCoach Mumma follows Geelong, scored 2081 points in round 1 and was ranked 7987 at that time.

If the team is hard to find in round 1 just go forward a few rounds where they will generally be somewhere near the top of their team followed rank and you can track backward by taking weekly score off total score. For example SuperCoach Mumma was 20th ranked Geelong supporter after round 2 so easy to track back to round 1 from there.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Hey Rowsus or anyone overseas, just wondering how do you watch games from Europe? Asking for my cousin. Thanks. Hehe.

AFL Club
Sydney
I have Watch AFL.
It costs $200/year, and you get all the games, and the ability to replay them. You also get some of the Foxtel footy shows.
Can second that the WatchAFL is very good, although I don't remember it costing that much so there might be some geo-gouging going on or it's gone up a lot in the last 2 years.

Other option is a VPN and Kayo/Foxtel Go but it's not as good an option if all you want is AFL.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can second that the WatchAFL is very good, although I don't remember it costing that much so there might be some geo-gouging going on or it's gone up a lot in the last 2 years.

Other option is a VPN and Kayo/Foxtel Go but it's not as good an option if all you want is AFL.
It might depend on what region you are in.
The last 4 seasons have cost me $199, $199, $189, $189.
That might be the price for Europe, but other regions might be cheaper. I have no idea. I'd be interested if any of our Asian or US members have it, to compare.

AFL Club
Sydney
That might be the price for Europe, but other regions might be cheaper. I have no idea. I'd be interested if any of our Asian or US members have it, to compare.
Looks like my memory is going, I paid the same in 2017 and 2018 ($189). Might have been the NBA or NFL pass that was a fair bit less (they definitely have strong geo-gouging)!

AFL Club
St Kilda
I paid $25 a month in China about five years ago. Don't know the annual rate but think it was about the same as what you're paying.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Hi Rowsus

Are you back for another year? I am hoping so as your responses often provide good "re think " material.

Assuming you are back, I am after your thoughts on 2 players.

1 - Luke Jackson - Can he average enough to become a keeper (as a forward)
2- Tom Powell - Breakout potential?

Cheers

AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi Rowsus, do the extra trades mean it is now a reasonable play to include injury prone players with big upside like Fyfe,Josh Kelly and others?
I'll jump in. Having to trade out an injured player still puts you behind those who are building their teams and gathering points. I would still focus on durable players so you can use the extra trades to upgrade earlier or continue to upgrade when others have run out of trades.

AFL Club
Sydney
Hi Rowsus, do the extra trades mean it is now a reasonable play to include injury prone players with big upside like Fyfe,Josh Kelly and others?
Every injury trade is one step backwards on upgrades. Everyone has the extra trades so this still applies.

Basically every one of those missed trades compounds until your season is over.

They need to have a fair bit more upside than those two as well. There's 8 midfielders this year returning with averages as high as Kelly has ever produced and Fyfe has been inside that 8, just, once in the last 6 seasons and is coming off complicated o***eason surgery. To be fair though, those two are bargain price and if they can get back to that best they'd work for sure.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Rowsus,
I'm looking forward to your comments again this year.

Good to read that Denmark will end all Covid restrictions on Feb 1. Not surprised, as Denmark emerges from the pandemic with one of the best records of handling Covid in Europe.

I'm considering starting my own 'Questions For' Thread to help SuperCoaches to make decisions, using the link below: ;)
Wheel Generator | Random Name Picker | Spin Wheel

AFL Club
Sydney
Hi Rowsus,
I'm looking forward to your comments again this year.

Good to read that Denmark will end all Covid restrictions on Feb 1. Not surprised, as Denmark emerges from the pandemic with one of the best records of handling Covid in Europe.

I'm considering starting my own 'Questions For' Thread to help SuperCoaches to make decisions, using the link below: ;)
Wheel Generator | Random Name Picker | Spin Wheel
Your suggestion technique can't do any worse than my analysis paralysis approach :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.