Opinion Questions For Rowsus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rowsus, hope you are keeping well. Just a question as I'm not sure whether you did a study on this or someone else on this site (THLT maybe?).
The article was about minimum disposals for bubble rookies, that they must have a minimum number of disposals to be a viable trade in.
It could have been avg 13 for their 2 games but I'm not sure, can you recall? Any info would be helpful to not bring in a dud rookie. Thanks for reading.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gday Rowsus, interestingly i just read an article on movie lines that suffer from "The Mandela Effect"

Apparently the line from Jaws is "Youre going to need a bigger boat"

Im with you mate i always thought it was "we're" 🤔

There were a few there that threw me off like Field of Dreams - "if you build it HE will come" (not they?)

Pfft 👎

Just dropped in to say gday knackers, hope youre well 🤘
Hi Salty, good to see you back.
Yeah, I saw a video on the Mandela Effect. Some of them caught me by surprise, too!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks Rowan

The community series has helped. I have gone from not knowing who to pick to not knowing who to leave out.

Gawn looks a safe bet now and don’t think Jackson will have a huge impact. You do make a good point regarding May and Petty missing though.

Still unconvinced by Grundy but betting against him will be a big risk. Not sure I am prepared to take it.

Don‘t mind the Preuss R2/3 with a swinging English option either. Gives you the option of eventuall, yet still scored 95 against NicNat. y getting the Ruck you missed (like a Darcy).

Lots to overthink in a week.
Yeah, somehow I missed Darcy in my run down.
Basically, was as big as house, moving poorly, but still scored 95 against NicNat.
It only made me want him more!
I'm wary of WA players, who are the most likely to be Covid affected as far as availabilty goes right now.
It's still a conundrum, and I'm still not 100% sure which way I'll go.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Strangely enough my Facebook page just brought up something I shared

"theres a theory about not having any premiums in your side that has the first bye (Rd 12) --- the idea being that you trade them in for round 13"

I dont know where i read that?

Thoughts?
Certainly Rnd 14, and Rnd 13 bye players hold a small advantage in your starting team, but avoiding them (Rnd 12 players) all together goes too far!
After all, you can only grab 3 of them in Round 13, and only if you have enough cash!!!!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
G'day Rowsus.
There is a widespread yardstick that this forum applies to rookie & value picks in SC.
Namely that they have to make a profit of $150K to be deemed a success.
I don't remember ever seeing the logic behind this golden rule, but I have a recollection that it is somehow tied to the value of a trade.
Now we have 5 extra trades, you would think each trade wasn't as precious as before, so I am wondering whether 150K needs a recalibration - perhaps to around 130K (150K *30 / 35)
G'day warewolves,
your logic and Maths hold up close enough, but I don't agree with your opening premise.
If I have a Stepping Stone, I'm happy if they make $100k. If they do that, they've added valuable points to your early scoring, and also made cash. I'd begrudgingly take $80k from some, depending on position and starting price. Most Stepping Stones, if they make $150k, are getting very close to Keeper level!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rowsus,

Remember a thread you started on players over 28yrs old scores dropping off from peak

Not sure how pressed for time you are but you think you can recreate the magic with last years top performers or last 2years as well as a few top picks this year? Any exemptions? Any goldilocks zones players

Reason i ask this is one of the great things about supercoach scores was the analysis and stat crunching you RARELY got anywhere else - still lotta great coaches, contributors, but many of the sides looking similar (eye test, pricing and scores obviously contribute to this) and opinion. I fear some of us (cough cough myself included may be falling into some old habits traps) that a genius like yourself might be able to share that we can all benefit from.

In fact, any of your old work that you really like/holds true that you can dust off for these tired eyes with some fresh players lists, rules, or umpiring changes analysis etc im pretty sure i and others would appreciate.

Even an index of some links you may have to some of your gems please post away - im sure the community has a few faves they in turn could find and share/request ❤️

Apologies for the broad request (but you know what i mean get rowdy 😉👍)

Cheers

Saltshaker 🤘
Salty
I had the luxury of being unemployed when I plowed through those early threads. I could just about eat the various stats and analysis, and spent many, many hours each week doing just that.
Unfortunately, I've been employed full time the past 5 years, so I run short for time.
I think it's about 50/50 for how many of those threads still hold up today. The game has evolved so much, in both SC terms, and they way it is played.
You can find the old threads by clicking on my name, and a box will pop up. Click on my name in that box, and my page will pop up. Next to my profile pic is a dropdown box marked "find". One of the options is "Threads started by Rowsus".
Some of the analyses I did are actually buried somewhere in the 524 pages of this thread!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus, hope you are keeping well. Just a question as I'm not sure whether you did a study on this or someone else on this site (THLT maybe?).
The article was about minimum disposals for bubble rookies, that they must have a minimum number of disposals to be a viable trade in.
It could have been avg 13 for their 2 games but I'm not sure, can you recall? Any info would be helpful to not bring in a dud rookie. Thanks for reading.
Hi Wingemi77,
no, that's not one of mine, and not one I remeber seeing.
It possibly was @THCLT, or even @Connoisseur that posted that one.
It sort of makes sense, when you think about it though.

AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Rows,

Hope all is well.
Interested in your thoughts on the following:

Rowell (stepping stone?)
JHF (Is he too expensive for a rookie?)
particular if you also have Daicos and Ward.
Is Treloar in your side?
Xerri

Cheers

Slammer

Last edited:

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rows,

Hope all is well.
Interested in your thoughts on the following:

Rowell (stepping stone?)
JHF (Is he too expensive for a rookie?)
particular if you also have Daicos and Ward.
Is Treloar in your side?
Xerri

Cheers

Slammer
Hi Slammer,
I currently have them all!
The only one under the microscope is Treloar, who may become English.
But if Treloar is named, I will keep him.
Good luck.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Salty
I had the luxury of being unemployed when I plowed through those early threads. I could just about eat the various stats and analysis, and spent many, many hours each week doing just that.
Unfortunately, I've been employed full time the past 5 years, so I run short for time.
I think it's about 50/50 for how many of those threads still hold up today. The game has evolved so much, in both SC terms, and they way it is played.
You can find the old threads by clicking on my name, and a box will pop up. Click on my name in that box, and my page will pop up. Next to my profile pic is a dropdown box marked "find". One of the options is "Threads started by Rowsus".
Some of the analyses I did are actually buried somewhere in the 524 pages of this thread!

Bloody jobs hey 🤣🤘

Ruining man from greatness and other worldly pursuits!

AFL Club
Sydney
Hi Rowsus, hope you’re keeping well.
Under what conditions would trading a premo like Gawn (but you could include, say, Steele, Lloyd etc) out be acceptable?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Couldn't think of a better person to ask.

The hype around Jake Bowey last season appears real.
The 150+ scoring won't be consistently a theme, however can you see him playing that role for the season?
I think the best approach, is to assume he is taking Salem's role, while Salem is out. Salem has averaged 95, 87, 91 the past 3 seasons. I don't think it is reasonable to expect Bowey to hit that level straight away (unless he is just patently better at it than Salem). I think he might be high 70's to low 80's while in that role, but still capable of throwing in a spike score here or there.
I think he's a good option, if he is pushing a weak D6 off the field, or helping free some cash, to be put to good, immediate use.
I think outside of a very well timed spike score, he might make $130-$140k while in that role.
As an isolated thing, he's probably not worth the trade. As an overall thing, if he is doing one or both of the things highlighted above, then he is worth the trade.

I think the best approach, is to assume he is taking Salem's role, while Salem is out. Salem has averaged 95, 87, 91 the past 3 seasons. I don't think it is reasonable to expect Bowey to hit that level straight away (unless he is just patently better at it than Salem). I think he might be high 70's to low 80's while in that role, but still capable of throwing in a spike score here or there.
I think he's a good option, if he is pushing a weak D6 off the field, or helping free some cash, to be put to good, immediate use.
I think outside of a very well timed spike score, he might make $130-$140k while in that role.
As an isolated thing, he's probably not worth the trade. As an overall thing, if he is doing one or both of the things highlighted above, then he is worth the trade.
Would you consider Hinge a weak D6?

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hi Rowsus, hope you’re keeping well.
Under what conditions would trading a premo like Gawn (but you could include, say, Steele, Lloyd etc) out be acceptable?
I think the general rule of thumb would be, you only trade 1 uninjured/fit/not suspended Prem, if it is enabling you to bring two Prems in. That would mean taking him down seriously in price.
As an example:
Gawn + Berry out to English + Cripps is a net cash result of -$11,500.
If you are of the opinion, that English can hold down a solid F6, and Cripps can maintain the rage and fitness, then this would be a good use of trading out 1 Prem, to get 2.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Rowsus,

does my Team have enough Rookies to make enough money to fill my team with Keepers?
Or should I now be focusing on trading in more good, money making, Rookies?

So far, I traded out Owens, moved Rachele to Mid and traded in Heeney = Cap $18,900

But, if I reverse this trade, I could get 2 good money making Rookies instead, but rather not, if I don't need to.
I could OUT Owens - IN Brodie (BE-46) = Cap $249,100
then
I could trade in Ginnivan (BE-66) or/and Bowey (BE-56).
or a Lipinski (BE-9)

Your thoughts highly appreciated.

1648625397494.png

Status
Not open for further replies.