Opinion Rant!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Currently, and I know I will eat dirt for this, but I'm looking forward to r14, should have 18+ on the field and looks like most are going to have to do some serious contortionism to get that! It's a pretty damn good 18 as well given most of my r14 guys are rookies.

Too bad I'll be deeply buried in the hole by the end of this round :LOL:
Get that positive thinking away from this thread @wogitalia :p

AFL Club
St Kilda
Not a Rant so much as a plea for help! After the massive rain event on Wednesday and losing power and mobile/internet around 8pm that night I have just got into Lilydale approx 40 kms drive to get fuel and other supplies. Power is estimated to not be restored until Sunday 1pm so a few extra days of extreme lockdown remaining for me!
But anyway 4 trades I was playing around with during the week will be taken, haven’t even looked to see whose in and out of teams yet and whether it even matters!
But I had T Stewart and L Jones playing from last night sitting on the bench, neither had the ‘E’ on and 2 bye players on the field. I am extremely disappointed that a once in a lifetime event has possibly effected my overall efforts this year to improve! I know COVID is a once in a lifetime event as well so don’t get me wrong we are all doing it tough!
I have seen Stewart has got 130 pts, I’m hurting now! Jones of 43 pts probably not so meaningful.
Anyways this a shoutout for help, I have sent a msg thru to SuperCoach to ask for help, here is a copy below but if anyone has any connections to fast track a response one way or the other I would be extremely grateful.
left off the contact details obviously but if anyone needs that to fast track a response I’ll be in Lilydale for the next hour or so before I head home!
Cheers guys

Hi I have driven 40kms to Lilydale to refuel to keep my generator going after the electricity and mobile/internet failed caused by the extreme rain and flooding events that occurred on Wednesday. My house is one of over 200,000 households affected by this extreme weather event. My power went out just after 8pm on Wednesday night. From this point on, until I made this drive this morning, I have been isolated and unable to adjust my SuperCoach team The Wolfbunnies since that time. I had made my possible trades during the week that I was considering and can understand that those trades should stand. While I have not as of yet seen the AFL teams for this round or the Live status of any of my leagues and don’t actually know if those players were even picked for their respective teams this round I’ll wear that! I have adjusted all other players with teams playing this round I cannot obviously go back in time!
The problem I have, is that I had two players involved in last nights game, Tom Stewart from Geelong and L Jones from Port Adelaide sitting in the bench without the ‘E’ coverage and 2 players who have their bye this round on the field. I just wouldn’t do this in normal circumstances, ever!
I am a longtime player who has remained active every season since I started playing over 10 years, currently sitting in the top 4000 players and would ask that you consider my request of adjusting those 2 defensive players on to the field and removing 2 bye defensive players to the bench? I would hate for a once in lifetime weather event to affect my overall results for the year.

I know this is an extreme request that may go against the spirit of the game but I would ask you to also consider that I am a man living in rural Yarra Valley who threw a bizarre set of circumstances finds himself classified as living in Melb. By 5 kms and therefore having to have lived thru all Melbourne’s lockdown. So SuperCoach has been a lifeline for me always but even more so over the last 18 months while trying to get thru lockdowns and COVID. And while officially Melbourne citizens get to live with less restrictions from this morning being let out of lockdown, my power and internet/mobile reception will not be restored until, according to Ausnet outage tracker, 1300hrs Sunday the 13th. So my lockdown is still ongoing, continuing for a few more days!
Like SuperCoach as in life sometimes adjustments need to be made for betterment of everyone and believe due to these lifetime events sometimes exceptions can and should be made?
Thanks for a great product and for keeping my sanity during COVID, but please help me maintain my mental health for the rest of this season.
Kind Regards

Available on this number until I drive back home in an hour or so otherwise hopefully from 1pm Sunday!

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spent the entirety of last Sunday weighing up who I would trade Flynn to, the options were...

Whitfield
Hall
Reeves
Treacy

You can guess which I went.

Annoyed I didn't go Treacy, needed to back my gut on that one as I just knew he was due to bang out a score. Even more annoyed I didn't agin back my gut in and get him in earlier today, and just cop his bye next week.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Spent the entirety of last Sunday weighing up who I would trade Flynn to, the options were...

Whitfield
Hall
Reeves
Treacy

You can guess which I went.

Annoyed I didn't go Treacy, needed to back my gut on that one as I just knew he was due to bang out a score. Even more annoyed I didn't agin back my gut in and get him in earlier today, and just cop his bye next week.
Rather than get someone who plays two games during the byes, why not get someone that probably plays none….. 🤦‍♂️

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Highmore :mad::mad::mad:

The most frustrating rookie to own. Hold him all year... comes back for spud scores. Trade him and is having the game of his career.
Some great rants so far (both SC and non SC related) with plenty still to come, which should provide us with superb and unfiltered material for an end of season group rant-
https://www.lewisblack.com/pages/live
View attachment 28852
Highmore currently the overwhelming favourite to be worthy of a stand-alone rant.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
My rant is that everyone (except me) went early on CCJ, Bianco, Newcombe which turned out to be the right decision. But the only one time I took a risk and went early with Reeves to afford my Merrett upgrade in R12, he gets injured right before the game and then his replacement has career best game. ***…..

AFL Club
North Melb.
Not so much a rant as a white flag. I might just have to accept that no matter what I do this year it is just never going to come together.

This week’s sob story includes Boak, Jelly (v), Walsh, Daniher, Jones. Sure I have some guys with some good scores but to do well you just can’t have that many players each week underperforming by so much.

AFL Club
Carlton
Not so much a rant as a white flag. I might just have to accept that no matter what I do this year it is just never going to come together.

This week’s sob story includes Boak, Jelly (v), Walsh, Daniher, Jones. Sure I have some guys with some good scores but to do well you just can’t have that many players each week underperforming by so much.
Take away Boak and add Bailey Dale and Jez Cameron. My projected is down 226 from Friday lockout in just four games...

AFL Club
Sydney
Take away Boak and add Bailey Dale and Jez Cameron. My projected is down 226 from Friday lockout in just four games...
Feel you... I've had 5 players hit their projected score so far, three of them are Stewart, Whitfield and Ziebell, three of the least relevant players in the game!

My captain missed his projected by 53 (incl captaincy), my VC missed by 32, I've copped a 2, a 58 and 71 from premiums and a 92 and 99 from my two most important "premiums". The captaincy hurts more when the average captain seems to be in the 140+ range right now.

Have only managed to knock 175 off the projected so far though, so can't match you :)

AFL Club
Carlton
Toby ''I'll get myself rubbed out, I promise you'' Greene

***. Why did I bring in such a tool.
This was just dumb by Toby, but for a guy that has been reported and found guilty 19 times a suspension is surely warranted given fining him has proven ineffective as a deterrent.
For the record I am an owner.