Opinion Rate My AFL SuperCoach Team

AFL Club
Fremantle
Nice review, any inside word as to whether Greenwood is likely to get more midfield minutes than he got at the Crows?
Anthony Miles was supposed to be a lock last year! Gold Coast didn't like Lyons yet he was loved at Brissy! Stewy Dew seems to be from the Paul Roos school of hating ball magnets. Horse didn't like Tom MItchell! For some reason Adelaide liked Greenwood on the bench!
Lots of warning signs me thinks.

AFL Club
Richmond
Anthony Miles was supposed to be a lock last year! Gold Coast didn't like Lyons yet he was loved at Brissy! Stewy Dew seems to be from the Paul Roos school of hating ball magnets. Horse didn't like Tom MItchell! For some reason Adelaide liked Greenwood on the bench!
Lots of warning signs me thinks.
Good points you make. He may well be one of their main men in the middle... Or he may continue to spend too much time forward or bench to be worth it
Lynchy is starting to look the safer option to me.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Team 2 for opinions

1578983639067.png

Think i have most of the rookies prior to Jlt games that look ok , blend of Premiums, mid range returning players , def weighing heavily on injury returning players , only concern is trying to fit Lynch in .
Stevens is training the house down at the cattery , same with Smith from all accounts , any thoughts on how to get Lynch in would be appreciated.

Thx FT

Last edited:
AFL Club
Richmond
I think running a 5 premo midfield, with grundy/gawn makes the rest of the team especially the rookies look a bit ordinary. Nearly half your salary cap is gone from these 7. I think there is a lot of value (money making) in rookie price players in the 150-200k mark. So running with that formation starves teams of those better rookies who will play. I think running a 4 premo midfield this year is the way to go. At some point through the season those premos will be much cheaper.

AFL Club
Sydney
I think running a 5 premo midfield, with grundy/gawn makes the rest of the team especially the rookies look a bit ordinary. Nearly half your salary cap is gone from these 7. I think there is a lot of value (money making) in rookie price players in the 150-200k mark. So running with that formation starves teams of those better rookies who will play. I think running a 4 premo midfield this year is the way to go. At some point through the season those premos will be much cheaper.
I hear you (and haven't spent too much time on an alternative)... but I would say I am much more confident in Ruck and Mid selections (in terms of their likely output) than I am in Def or Fwd.

AFL Club
Richmond
Team 2 for opinions

View attachment 14543

Think i have most of the rookies prior to Jlt games that look ok , blend of Premiums, mid range returning players , def weighing heavily on injury returning players , only concern is trying to fit Lynch in .
Stevens is training the house down at the cattery , same with Smith from all accounts , any thoughts on how to get Lynch in would be appreciated.

Thx FT
Nice team, like the structure. But I have to agree that 7 injury returning players is a tad too risky.

Maybe lose Cockatoo for someone like a Budarick which keeps your DPP link and field Hibberd, frees up 45k.

Whitfield's had an ankle reco (he's a watch for me) so maybe him to Heeney, frees up another 90k.

Steven is also a watch for for me, so maybe him to Lynch, which leaves you around 160k to upgrade DooDoo or Roberton to someone like Houston.

Get's rid of 4 'suspect' players, Lynch in, and probably a better setup down back.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy + $120k rookie x 3

vs

Dev Smith + Doedee + Roberton + Hill

Just a hypothetical, but I was surprised at how much the dollars can get you if you spend it like this.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Team 2 for opinions

View attachment 14543

Thx FT
Looks pretty good to me. There is a fair bit of midpricer exposure up forward and down back, but with one exception they’re players who have scored at premium level, which I think helps a lot.

The other thing (which in this case is related) is your injury risk. Individually I think those picks are probably all viable, but in aggregate you’ve potentially got only one durable player across your non rookie forwards and defenders (Dusty). This is the type of structure that can unravel relatively quickly if injuries start to occur/recur in my view, because you spend your trades and tome catching up rather than upgrading your side. One o***et is that your rucks and mids (ex
Fyfe) are all pretty durable, but in general I think trying to spread your injury risk across lines (or at least, limit your total injury risk across a particular line) makes sense.

I’d suggest maybe leaving it as is for now, but erring on picking some more reliable names on those lines (personally I like Heeney and Laird, for example), and/or pulling out some of the least reliable, when you’re tinkering with your selections. Good luck.

AFL Club
West Coast

vs

Just a hypothetical, but I was surprised at how much the dollars can get you if you spend it like this.
IMO if all four of Smith, Doedee, Roberton and Hill hit close to best form then they may be a better option.

But how many times would you pick four players like that and get four wins. If only three fire then Grundy is probably the better option. Grundy also is a high ceiling C option and his early draw favours him in the VC loop role.

AFL Club
North Melb.

vs

Fun to throw around the ideas isn't it? This will be the first year I'm starting a $700k priced ruck - Grundy is just too consistent, too good and too adept at punching out massive scores to leave out.

I've tried the "start with value, trade your way to success route" as an experiment the last two seasons and while there has been some satisfying moves, I've generally run out of trades by the end to finish the season well.

So option A, to lock in at least one of your best 22 from R1.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Looks pretty good to me. There is a fair bit of midpricer exposure up forward and down back, but with one exception they’re players who have scored at premium level, which I think helps a lot.

The other thing (which in this case is related) is your injury risk. Individually I think those picks are probably all viable, but in aggregate you’ve potentially got only one durable player across your non rookie forwards and defenders (Dusty). This is the type of structure that can unravel relatively quickly if injuries start to occur/recur in my view, because you spend your trades and tome catching up rather than upgrading your side. One o***et is that your rucks and mids (ex
Fyfe) are all pretty durable, but in general I think trying to spread your injury risk across lines (or at least, limit your total injury risk across a particular line) makes sense.

I’d suggest maybe leaving it as is for now, but erring on picking some more reliable names on those lines (personally I like Heeney and Laird, for example), and/or pulling out some of the least reliable, when you’re tinkering with your selections. Good luck.

Thanks for your insight Darkie , also congrats on your leadership status to by the way. ( Well deserved )

Fyfe not a good pick early ?? , do you think will he be managed throughout the season , should i look at Neale , Dunkley or even Kelly who i had in my first team draft.
Will Whitfield and Williams both start Afl season round 1 , always have had Laird , Sicily and Lloyd etc not sure how to fit them in here. Williams finished the season well and was hoping that type of form would continue this season
Hayden Young any info on him and young Brander has been doing all the good things so far this pre season and will he start rd 1
Would you start Heeney over Whitfield or someone else in fwds

FT

AFL Club
GWS Giants
I'll chuck another team up to pick apart - defence depends on roles for Houston and Dawson but is weak and risky. Not sold on a lot of options in defence anyway so thats a 'wait and see' line for me.

Mids and Rucks will carry the premium options capable of big scores, watching Neale post bi numbers early last season was painful. No Rowell but again he might find his way in depending on pre-season and starting teams.

Forwards, Whitfield and Martin are close to locks for me. Whitfield from what I've read is back running so as a forward and the numbers he's capable of is a must have for me. Steven and Smith a lot of value but again will be watched preseason.
1579057329034.png