Opinion Rate My Team

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's been a while since I've taken SuperCoach as serious as I'd like to. Work, Family etc, all wonderful distractions. So I'm a bit rusty, but back to do my best!
Any ideas or feedback is very welcome.
Have at it crew:
View attachment 7268
Nicely done - you could start with this, I'd say.

Personally I'd trim Lloyd and get Williams, and reinvest the cash elsewhere, perhaps in getting Collins or maybe upgrading B Crouch, potentially to his brother.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably my final team would appreciate all feedback

Def: Whitfield, hurn, Williams, Ridley, Clark, duursma (hore, McInerney)
Mid: macrae, Cripps, Oliver, mcrouch, sheed, Libba, Walsh, constable (bewley, hind, gibbons)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (bines)
For: danger, Heeney, Walters, Moore, setterfield,drew (Petrucelle, butts)

5.7k remaining

Went from Fyfe and 2 rookies to sheed, Libba and Moore

AFL Club
Essendon
Would need to be a keeper for me so pushing close to or above 110 as a midfielder - not really worth the muck around with trades IMO
I don't think he needs to get to 110 to be a keeper, I think you rarely get 8 players in the middle going 110+, usually 6 if you've done well by seasons end. Also a guy who can sneak into the top 15 but not thetop 10 in his position is better in the middle because spots in between 8-15 are so often competitive, very close and random. Any negative effect of not having a 110 player at season end can be cancelled out by what the extra money of paying for a 96 average player who will average 105 can do to the rest of your side, you might be able start another player who can average more or start a better rookie etc, so it can be worth it I reckon.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Probably my final team would appreciate all feedback

Def: Whitfield, hurn, Williams, Ridley, Clark, duursma (hore, McInerney)
Mid: macrae, Cripps, Oliver, mcrouch, sheed, Libba, Walsh, constable (bewley, hind, gibbons)
Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (bines)
For: danger, Heeney, Walters, Moore, setterfield,drew (Petrucelle, butts)

5.7k remaining

Went from Fyfe and 2 rookies to sheed, Libba and Moore
Decent team with some solid POD material in there which could make or break you. It is IMHO a high risk team though as you've loaded up on midpricers or PODs (Sheed, Walters, Libba), and rookies that have questionable chance to get a regular game (Ridley, Clark, Constable) , in order to load up on the super premo's in the MID/RUC/FWD lines. Perhaps a bit more balance by downgrading a super premo or two into regular premiums. That said if all your rookies play and guys like Sheed fire, you could get a nice jump on many other punters.

AFL Club
Collingwood
First time this pre season I've looked at my team and been semi comfortable so time to stress test it!

Some notes:
- yet to consider MBRs - that's this weekend's job.
- $200k in bank, of which at least 100k will need to be spent you'd think.
- DEF: relatively comfortable. Query on Witherden though, with Lloyd pressing for selection. Like Brodie Smith a lot however feel as though I need an exit plan.
- MID: 5-0-6 - not overly keen on your Libbas. Going against the SCS grain with Dusty, reckon he improves on last year now not needing to back it all up, and realistically only needs to hit 110-115 to be a win, not the 119 he hit in 2017. Albeit - would consider Fyfe and Kelly but injury prone scares me a bit. Splitting hairs between Brayshaw and Steele atm.
- RUC: Grundy being injury interrupted makes me extremely uncomfortable but I can't get past his early season VC draw even if he's not on all cylinders until Rd3-4.
- FWD: Big risk in Worpel but SC is about taking risks! Lots of uncertainly across the other premos as has been alluded to several times in the fwd thread.

Attachments

AFL Club
North Melb.
First time this pre season I've looked at my team and been semi comfortable so time to stress test it!

Some notes:
- yet to consider MBRs - that's this weekend's job.
- $200k in bank, of which at least 100k will need to be spent you'd think.
- DEF: relatively comfortable. Query on Witherden though, with Lloyd pressing for selection. Like Brodie Smith a lot however feel as though I need an exit plan.
- MID: 5-0-6 - not overly keen on your Libbas. Going against the SCS grain with Dusty, reckon he improves on last year now not needing to back it all up, and realistically only needs to hit 110-115 to be a win, not the 119 he hit in 2017. Albeit - would consider Fyfe and Kelly but injury prone scares me a bit. Splitting hairs between Brayshaw and Steele atm.
- RUC: Grundy being injury interrupted makes me extremely uncomfortable but I can't get past his early season VC draw even if he's not on all cylinders until Rd3-4.
- FWD: Big risk in Worpel but SC is about taking risks! Lots of uncertainly across the other premos as has been alluded to several times in the fwd thread.
Pretty much identical to mine haha! Only difference is I have Gawn, and so I spent a bit less in the midfield with Brouch instead of Dusty. I can't go past Fyfe given his VC potential. Personally I like Worpel as solid late season bench cover. I think Witherden should actually average similarly to Lloyd (around 95), so you've got the right man.

AFL Club
Brisbane
thought i'd share my team, welcome any feedback but understand it might be useful for others as i've found looking at teams quite insightful. Rookies are subject to change once teams are named.

D: Whitfield, Andrews, Short, Williams, Collins, Burgess (D/F), Scrimshaw, Hore
M: Cripps, Oliver, Kelly, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Butters, Clarke, Duursma (D/M), Bewley, Atkins
R: Gawn, Goldy, Sweet
F: Heeney, De Goey, Darling, Moore (D/F, Setterfield (F/M), Petruccellle, Moore (HAW), Balta

yes, no Grundy, no Lloyd, and NO DANGER. Investing the money in youth and relative durability.
uncertainties are De Goey and Short but reasonably comfortable in their potential growth.

AFL Club
Essendon
thought i'd share my team, welcome any feedback but understand it might be useful for others as i've found looking at teams quite insightful. Rookies are subject to change once teams are named.

M: Cripps, Oliver, Kelly, Neale, Dusty, Walsh, Butters, Clarke, Duursma (D/M), Bewley, Atkins
F: Heeney, De Goey, Darling, Moore (D/F, Setterfield (F/M), Petruccellle, Moore (HAW), Balta

yes, no Grundy, no Lloyd, and NO DANGER. Investing the money in youth and relative durability.
uncertainties are De Goey and Short but reasonably comfortable in their potential growth.
You need Danger

AFL Club
Collingwood

been waiting for the first no Danger side to appear :)

interestingly it still only gives you 14 non rookie players including the likes of Short and JDG , who haven't been mentioned much here.

how much cash are you sitting on ?

AFL Club
Brisbane
been waiting for the first no Danger side to appear :)

interestingly it still only gives you 14 non rookie players including the likes of Short and JDG , who haven't been mentioned much here.

how much cash are you sitting on ?
only left with $15200.

responding to Pizza Safety, it comes down to Danger vs Cripps/Oliver/Kelly/Neale - who all fit the profile for improvement whilst Danger represents a possible decline. i could be way off.......but i think i'm gonna leave it!

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
as a port supporter u probably know more about he rock, any reason why ur not picking him?
Injury history, age, price, scoring ability last year when he had every opportunity at times and should’ve been at full fitness at points, turnovers, kicking ability (can’t kick 40+ meters anymore).

AFL Club
Collingwood
only left with $15200.

responding to Pizza Safety, it comes down to Danger vs Cripps/Oliver/Kelly/Neale - who all fit the profile for improvement whilst Danger represents a possible decline. i could be way off.......but i think i'm gonna leave it!
I like that you are prepared to do it , think a lot are expecting a repeat of his 121.7 Ave , think we might see changes in the Cats mids this season but that's just my opinion.

Lot of money to shell out initially if he does drop to 110 , yet people are suggesting not to start Grundy & Gawn for the same reasons so it totally confuses me.

Good luck

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
He will be the best FWD by 20+ points so is much more valuable than MID only players for the same price.

I like that you are prepared to do it , think a lot are expecting a repeat of his 121.7 Ave , think we might see changes in the Cats mids this season but that's just my opinion.

Lot of money to shell out initially if he does drop to 110 , yet people are suggesting not to start Grundy & Gawn for the same reasons so it totally confuses me.

Good luck

AFL Club
Collingwood
He will be the best FWD by 20+ points so is much more valuable than MID only players for the same price.
+20 big call

Ablett , Danger , Selwood , Duncan , Kelly , Parfitt , Menegola etc that is one crowded midfield.

You don't think any other forwards will go 100+ ?

AFL Club
GWS Giants
+20 big call

Ablett , Danger , Selwood , Duncan , Kelly , Parfitt , Menegola etc that is one crowded midfield.

You don't think any other forwards will go 100+ ?
ablett menegola are barely midfielders anymore. parfitt rotates through there at best, selwood plays more outside.

just pick danger

AFL Club
Collingwood
ablett menegola are barely midfielders anymore. parfitt rotates through there at best, selwood plays more outside.

just pick danger
fair enough

regardless of what they say in public , when crunch time Gazza and Selwood will be in the centre square , whether they are inside or outside , they are still mids

are you picking Danger to maintain his average or with the view he improves it ?