Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

AFL Club
West Coast
It would of been very easy to delist him after the doping debacle, instead we footed all his bills/ kept him on the list for 2 years when he was ineligible to play - he wouldn't have a career/ still be in the AFL system right now I doubt if we didn't support him. Very unlikely that another club would take him being "damaged goods" & the baggage that comes with having him. This upcoming preseason would of been the first preseason we he was available to train with the whole team from the start for 3 years ... a chance to get himself in top shape & repay the faith the club had in him through his tough period, instead he does this ... unbelievable :mad:
The other thing that really annoys me is the Eagles & Rioli put contract negotiations on hold due to the death of his father... Then during that time talks were initiated or further advanced with Port.

Telling the Eagles that he is putting contract talks on hold whilst grieving, then significantly advancing talks with a competitor is pretty poor business in my opinion.

AFL Club
Fremantle
JUNIOR Rioli has made a decision on his future and informed West Coast of his desire to be traded to Port Adelaide.

AFL.com.au can reveal the Eagles premiership player has told the club of his want to be at the Power next year.

Rioli is out of contract, so a trade would need to be arranged between the clubs, with the Power looking to bolster their forward line stocks.

West Coast released a statement on Tuesday afternoon, saying they were "bitterly disappointed" to receive Rioli's trade request after supporting him through his two-year anti-doping ban that ruled him out of the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

"We could not have done any more to support Junior since his infraction in 2019," CEO Trevor Nisbett said. "We facilitated his appeal and subsequent return to football, so this decision is bitterly disappointing."

“We will put that disappointment to one side now and work to arrange a suitable trade for a player who has high end talent, is a premiership player and is in the prime of his career, having played just 51 games of senior football.

“Junior has made his decision and while he has indicated Port is his preferred destination we will work to get the best outcome for our club.”

Very disappointing from Rioli ... still can't believe he has done this when WCE went above & beyond to support him :(
Very disappointing but he might be trying to run away from himself. Not the first and won't be the last.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The word disloyal comes to mind. It's not often a player "owes" a club... But in this unique case, he certainly did.

Hope the Eagles play hard ball and get a good pick for him that we use wisely.
I’d be bloody livid if he’d done that to my club. Makes the departure sting all the more. Can’t imagine he’s worth too much though, been a pretty consistent 12d 1g a game player since debut.

AFL Club
West Coast
I’d be bloody livid if he’d done that to my club. Makes the departure sting all the more. Can’t imagine he’s worth too much though, been a pretty consistent 12d 1g a game player since debut.
West Coast are absolutely furious and want a nice return for him. Port as a club also obviously really want him offering 4 years with no conditions, and on nice money too apparently. So will have to pay up in this case I suspect... much to the disgust of a lot of Port Fans I reckon who naturally don't want their club to pay too much.

I suspect it will get done for the Amon compo pick around pick 26-27. The clubs after last years deal seem to have a good trading relationship.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
West Coast are absolutely furious and want a nice return for him. Port as a club also obviously really want him offering 4 years with no conditions, and on nice money too apparently. So will have to pay up in this case I suspect... much to the disgust of a lot of Port Fans I reckon who naturally don't want their club to pay too much.

I suspect it will get done for the Amon compo pick around pick 26-27. The clubs after last years deal seem to have a good trading relationship.
Yeah I’m not too sure how I feel about it. Can play a bit but hasn’t ever done it for more than a handful of games at a time. Not sure where the no conditions talk comes from as my mail has been quite the opposite but who really knows.

I reckon a mid-late second rounder is about where I put him. Anything earlier than about 30 would be overs for someone with his output and baggage probably.

Either way he’ll be dreading the first trip back west :ROFLMAO: