Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

AFL Club
Carlton
Foxtel and The Age reporting Cripps on $750,000 a year then Channel 7 come out and say $1,000,000 a year. Some reporters just make **** up. These people need to be held to account.
I was under the impression he'd sign for that, but obviously signed for less to see the club able to pick up another midfielder to give him a hand, smart play. I'm sure there's other incentives.

AFL Club
West Coast
Foxtel and The Age reporting Cripps on $750,000 a year then Channel 7 come out and say $1,000,000 a year. Some reporters just make **** up. These people need to be held to account.
Without sounding like a smarta**e, why? I believe the PA does not want contract details revealed so every journo will try to find out. If it was $400k a year that is a story. If it is $1m a year that is a story. If it is what he gets paid now, meh.

In the USA contract details are public knowledge. Usually one day later no one cares that much.

AFL Club
Sydney
Can't access the article but would make perfect business sense to move both Pendlebury & Sidebottom while they still have some currency.

Try and get at least 1-2 23-27yo mids in FA , develop what's on list at the moment for 24 months then have a crack at the finals again.

As great as they have been and still are , eventually they have to finish
I actually don't agree with this.

Pendles is still the clear best midfielder at the team and makes for a perfect candidate to slide into a HBF in another year or two and looks to have another 3 or 4 in him given his dedication to training and sublime skills. Combine that with him having zero trade value and it just makes no sense to get rid of him to me.

Kind of guy that sets the standard still for the young guys and can still be a valuable piece of the next flag tilt which should be attempted next year really.

Pies have had a bad season with injuries to a lot of key guys and a horrible o***eason led by the former coach that derailed the team but the list is still very decent, gets an elite prospect in Daicos and, you'd hope, should have a really good dig at the trade table/free agency this year.

Grundy, Adams, Pendles, Sidey, Daicos, JDG and Crisp is a really decent midfield group still next year.

Sidey is a bit more debatable as he might have some trade value given he's got 4 odd years left most likely but teams really don't pay much for 30+ guys in general so the same probably applies here.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I actually don't agree with this.

Pendles is still the clear best midfielder at the team and makes for a perfect candidate to slide into a HBF in another year or two and looks to have another 3 or 4 in him given his dedication to training and sublime skills. Combine that with him having zero trade value and it just makes no sense to get rid of him to me.

Kind of guy that sets the standard still for the young guys and can still be a valuable piece of the next flag tilt which should be attempted next year really.

Pies have had a bad season with injuries to a lot of key guys and a horrible o***eason led by the former coach that derailed the team but the list is still very decent, gets an elite prospect in Daicos and, you'd hope, should have a really good dig at the trade table/free agency this year.

Grundy, Adams, Pendles, Sidey, Daicos, JDG and Crisp is a really decent midfield group still next year.

Sidey is a bit more debatable as he might have some trade value given he's got 4 odd years left most likely but teams really don't pay much for 30+ guys in general so the same probably applies here.
Fair enough

Would be surprised if you didn't have a opinion 😉

You have yours , I have mine.

No player from any team is untouchable , so no harm asking the question what you could get for him.

Actually think we have a very ordinary list personally , maybe 10-12 at suitable AFL standard.

Years away from playing finals , let alone making a Grand Final (Pendlebury , Sidebottom will be long retired)

Not Buckley's fault that half the list still can't kick the football properly or make the correct decisions during the game.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can see Carlton going down the Collingwood route in a few years due to salary cap issues. Oh well.

AFL Club
West Coast
https://www.afl.com.au/news/643506/locked-in-new-deal-for-star-don-on-back-of-breakout-season

ESSENDON has locked in Darcy Parish to a new deal, with the Brownlow Medal contender signing a two-year contract extension.
The Bombers midfielder has committed to the club until the end of 2023, when he will hit free agency.
After starting the season out of Essendon's first-choice midfield, continuing a trend from previous seasons, rival clubs started to believe Parish could be up for grabs this season.
However they were informed about two months ago that there would be no chance of a move, with the Bombers warding off interest from Geelong and others in the 23-year-old.
Holding off until the second half of the season to kickstart contract discussions has also paid off for Parish, who has increased his value as his career-best season has exploded.

Parish has averaged 32 disposals this season to place him fourth in the AFL, while he is second in the competition for clearances and first for centre clearances.
The former No.5 pick has also enjoyed a string of best-on-ground performances that have rocketed him into Brownlow Medal contention and also seen him land a trio of standout games that have landed him the Anzac Day Medal, Yiooken Award and the Country Medal against Geelong.

Huge news for the bombers, has been absolutely outstanding this year - full credit to him (y)

AFL Club
Essendon
https://www.afl.com.au/news/643506/locked-in-new-deal-for-star-don-on-back-of-breakout-season

ESSENDON has locked in Darcy Parish to a new deal, with the Brownlow Medal contender signing a two-year contract extension.
The Bombers midfielder has committed to the club until the end of 2023, when he will hit free agency.
After starting the season out of Essendon's first-choice midfield, continuing a trend from previous seasons, rival clubs started to believe Parish could be up for grabs this season.
However they were informed about two months ago that there would be no chance of a move, with the Bombers warding off interest from Geelong and others in the 23-year-old.
Holding off until the second half of the season to kickstart contract discussions has also paid off for Parish, who has increased his value as his career-best season has exploded.

Parish has averaged 32 disposals this season to place him fourth in the AFL, while he is second in the competition for clearances and first for centre clearances.
The former No.5 pick has also enjoyed a string of best-on-ground performances that have rocketed him into Brownlow Medal contention and also seen him land a trio of standout games that have landed him the Anzac Day Medal, Yiooken Award and the Country Medal against Geelong.

Huge news for the bombers, has been absolutely outstanding this year - full credit to him (y)
Gave me a huge smile when I heard this today.

AFL Club
Sydney