Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

AFL Club
West Coast
Wow, that’s massive news if true.

Can I suggest to Freo that they not overpay to get him back?
Brisbane gave up picks 6, 19, and 55 in 2018 to acquire Neale.... Would suggest Brisbane would at least want that back, considering he has gone on to win a Brownlow in the time in Brisbane.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Richmond
Brisbane gave up picks 6, 19, and 55 in 2018 to acquire Neale.... Would suggest Brisbane would at least want that back, considering he has gone on to win a Brownlow in the time in Brisbane.
Suffered from the Brownlow curse this year, battled with injury and will be 29 before the season starts.

Freo won't be rushing to get him back if that's the cost, the midfield isn't their biggest area of concern.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm a little surprised about Cousins. You'd know better, is that a surprise?
I guess he could be a bit stiff, but looking at midfield depth at the Hawks, he wouldn't be top 10, and might even be a bit further off than that. Solid enough player, but I assume Sam has seen enough of him in his time at Hawthorn/Box Hill to think there's better alternatives.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm a little surprised about Cousins. You'd know better, is that a surprise?
Cousins delisting isn’t too surprising. Unfortunately for him, the moment we picked up Newcombe in the mid season draft the writing was on the wall. He’s a player who was dominant in the VFL, arguably too good for that level, but his game couldn’t translate to the higher level due to a range of reasons based around circumstances and physical attributes and skills. Essentially he fell victim to being too much the same as what we already have (and probably too much of) in terms of a slow paced, poor kicking, midfielder without the ability to break lines despite the floors in his kicking. It’s a shame, I am actually a fan of his, drafted him in one of my keeper leagues last year in the hope he’d click at the level, SC wise he could score damn decently with the makeshift roles here and there that he was getting.

I liken him a bit to Luke Dunstan at the Saints, too good for the standard below, gives everything, lacks speed, can win it and tackle, and not a great kick. Where I think Dunstan has the edge, and worthy of a spot on an AFL list is that, even though he’s not a great kick, he at least can break lines with his kick, gaining meterage. Where’s Cousins isn’t much more than a 30-35 metre kick on a good day, which is criminal on the turnover.