Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty happy with the Dee’s selections;
Van Rooyen
Howes
Woewodin
Really happy with that.

Van Rooyen is a beast and could play either end of the ground. Really like the look of him.

Howes was touted as a top 20 pick and we were looking very closely at using pick 19 on him. We even tried to jump up to Adelaide’s pick 36 from our pick 39 to ensure we get him. The clubs had agreed but the AFL knocked that trade back only for us to land him anyway 😄

Always nice to have a Father & Son selection. Hopefully the speedy Taj does well and makes it as an AFL player.

AFL Club
West Coast
Charlie Constable was the only recycled player to be picked up, with Gold Coast giving the former Geelong midfielder a second home at pick 63. Constable played 12 games over four years for the Cats, battling to break into their powerful midfield before being delisted. Conversely, the Suns were on the lookout for another midfielder after trading Will Brodie to Fremantle and embarrassingly losing Hugh Greenwood to North Melbourne after delisting him with the hope of redrafting him.

Interesting- if he does plays the same role as Greenwood then very SC relevant.

AFL Club
West Coast
WC trade future 4th rounder for pick 62, then get Clarke, then pass on the next pick. We're they that worried that Port would pick him? Just wasted a future 4th.
I believe Adelaide where going to pick Clark so we had to do that trade to make sure we got Clark before they did.

We tried hard to get him to nominate for the mid-season draft last year but he didn't... we've been a fan of his for a while now.

I like this pick... He can play for us early next season I reckon.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I believe Adelaide where going to pick Clark so we had to do that trade to make sure we got Clark before they did.

We tried hard to get him to nominate for the mid-season draft last year but he didn't... we've been a fan of his for a while now.

I like this pick... He can play for us early next season I reckon.
The Pies did something similar, using a future pick (maybe a 4th?) to move up two spots late in the draft, which does seem wasteful on face value. I guess if it gets you a player you feel is appealing from a risk/reward perspective, it’s okay. Some clubs started passing in around the 4th round in any case, if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Charlie Constable was the only recycled player to be picked up, with Gold Coast giving the former Geelong midfielder a second home at pick 63. Constable played 12 games over four years for the Cats, battling to break into their powerful midfield before being delisted. Conversely, the Suns were on the lookout for another midfielder after trading Will Brodie to Fremantle and embarrassingly losing Hugh Greenwood to North Melbourne after delisting him with the hope of redrafting him.

Interesting- if he does plays the same role as Greenwood then very SC relevant.
After a brief scare, the seven year deal in a keeper league last season for Constable it starting to look a tad better.

AFL Club
Adelaide
WCE last pick :-

Greg Clark, mature aged 24 year old

Grand Final Simpson medallist

26 disposals
6 Marks
2 goals
&
14 tackles.

193cms and 93kgs

With Redden in real doubt to start the season, this guy could be a real shot at round 1.
Very SuperCoach relevant you’d think, do west coast supports think he'll get regular games?

AFL Club
Collingwood
WCE last pick :-

Greg Clark, mature aged 24 year old

Grand Final Simpson medallist

26 disposals
6 Marks
2 goals
&
14 tackles.

193cms and 93kgs

With Redden in real doubt to start the season, this guy could be a real shot at round 1.
Shannon, how is Elliot tracking, looking at several options at M5 that could possible fill in at M8 M9 towards end of the season.

AFL Club
Carlton
Collingwood how

can Josh Honey lock in a permanent FWD role 2022 season. Have him a F6.?
How do you see the FWD line setting up at the Blues.?
Will be interesting, the loss of Jones might see Gov go back to defence, do we still play 3 talls in McKay, Curnow and De Koning, then a mix of Fisher, Fogarty, Martin, Honey, Durdin, Silvagni or Motlop who is apparently ready to play senior footy.

AFL Club
West Coast
Greg Clark has been likened to Matt Priddis - very similar playing style, inside mid who loved to tackle. No frills/ hard mature body - of the current players, think maybe Jarryd Lyons - not flashy but just keeps finding the ball, tough in the contest. Has worked very hard for his afl opportunity, rapt for him personally. Really deserved it, fantastic guy by all reports who never gave up on his afl dream.