Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

AFL Club
West Coast
Greg Clark has been likened to Matt Priddis - very similar playing style, inside mid who loved to tackle. No frills/ hard mature body - of the current players, think maybe Jarryd Lyons - not flashy but just keeps finding the ball, tough in the contest. Has worked very hard for his afl opportunity, rapt for him personally. Really deserved it, fantastic guy by all reports who never gave up on his afl dream.
Yeah I'm really happy at the pick-up of Clark. Absolute ripper bloke. Gets to reunite with his old WAFL coach Jarrad Schofield too so that will really help him adjust early on.

I reckon he'll be pushing for round 1 and especially with Redden out for 3 months and being touch & go for Round 1.

AFL Club
Adelaide
I believe Adelaide where going to pick Clark so we had to do that trade to make sure we got Clark before they did.

We tried hard to get him to nominate for the mid-season draft last year but he didn't... we've been a fan of his for a while now.

I like this pick... He can play for us early next season I reckon.
I wish we could get a run down from all clubs on thoughts/mentality during the draft. Trading up to beat another club to a player, losing someone and going to plan B/C etc. Would be fun to hear, even if it was 5-10 years after a draft and the story it would tell.

Did some clubs create their future or did others fall into it with a bit of luck?

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Greg Clark has been likened to Matt Priddis - very similar playing style, inside mid who loved to tackle. No frills/ hard mature body - of the current players, think maybe Jarryd Lyons - not flashy but just keeps finding the ball, tough in the contest. Has worked very hard for his afl opportunity, rapt for him personally. Really deserved it, fantastic guy by all reports who never gave up on his afl dream.
View: https://youtu.be/DaBFRV9covw
Excellent interview/ mentions how stoked he is to reunite with Schofield as his midfield coach - was a huge influence when he was the Subiaco head coach.
Lifelong eagles fan, whole family is.
Studying to be a financial advisor, seems a switched on guy. Very mature for a 24 year old.
Perchance would you happen to know what rate he charges for services rendered as I would like his input on how best to spend just shy of $9,900,000 on 29 other players?

AFL Club
West Coast
Official now :cry: :-

West Coast Eagles defender Brad Sheppard has called time on his career after receiving medical advice on successive concussions.
The 30-year-old played 216 games for the club and won an All-Australian selection in 2020 as a running defender.

He suffered a delayed concussion from an incident in round 22 this year against Fremantle, missing the last game of the season.
It came after multiple head knocks in the back half of the season.

The Eagles had suggested last week that there was plenty of football ahead of the small defender, but they wanted to give him time to make his own decision.

He famously missed out on the 2018 Grand Final win with a hamstring injury suffered during the finals series but will go down as one of the club’s most reliable players.

AFL Club
West Coast
Sad day indeed... Shep was one of the most popular players at the club.

Was vastly underrated as well as a player. He was a terrific medium defender who was rarely beaten. You always knew he would get the job done. He will be missed and it will be hard to replace him.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Official now :cry: :-

West Coast Eagles defender Brad Sheppard has called time on his career after receiving medical advice on successive concussions.
The 30-year-old played 216 games for the club and won an All-Australian selection in 2020 as a running defender.

He suffered a delayed concussion from an incident in round 22 this year against Fremantle, missing the last game of the season.
It came after multiple head knocks in the back half of the season.

The Eagles had suggested last week that there was plenty of football ahead of the small defender, but they wanted to give him time to make his own decision.

He famously missed out on the 2018 Grand Final win with a hamstring injury suffered during the finals series but will go down as one of the club’s most reliable players.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Anyone here play Wordle?

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/HawthornFC/status/1490226885376106501
Believe it may be referring to DGB (948th player to play for the Hawks), but not sure on the other two bits of good news. May also just be referring to a 3 year extension?
Yes. Start with Adieu, then follow it with a word like Storm/Story/etc (irrespective of the success of the first line) and you should be able to get it in six. ;)