Discussion Re-Signings, Retirements, Delistings, Trade & Drafting

AFL Club
Carlton
The AFL has allowed a further eight players to nominate for the mid-season rookie draft - all state league players - after the deadline, with the backing of interested clubs.

One of those who has been given an exemption and allowed to enter the draft, Jake Florenca, has already played for the depleted West Coast as a top-up - raising the possibility that Florenca could be drafted and play for a second AFL club within the same season - an outcome that has not happened for many years.

The eight
Jake Florenca
James Blanck
Kallan Dawson
Wade Derksen
Zac Strom
Brett Turner
Liam Reidy
Kim Kantilla

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/agerealfooty/status/1526508385893777408

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
The talk of Dusty to Sydney has the figure $1,000,000/season floating around.
Anyone that thinks that Dusty is still worth $1,000,000 as an on field prospect is kidding themselves.
If it included marketing etc. ..... maybe.
Why would you pay him $1,000,000 when his best footy is 4 or 5 years behind him. He missed a chunk of the season for personal reasons, and has only played 19 of a possible 31 games in the past season and a half?
You don't pay him for what he used to do, you pay him for what he is capable of now, and how often he brings it.
I'd top him out at around $700-$750k, and I'm being generous!!!!

AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone that thinks that Dusty is still worth $1,000,000 as an on field prospect is kidding themselves.
Why would you pay him $1,000,000 when his best footy is 4 or 5 years behind him. He missed a chunk of the season for personal reasons, and has only played 19 of a possible 31 games in the past season and a half?
You don't pay him for what he used to do, you pay him for what he is capable of now, and how often he brings it.
Money aside, I think he would be an amazing fit for the Swans who are looking to contend over the coming years.

AFL Club
Richmond
He’s contracted until the end of 2024 at that amount, that’s why that figure is mentioned. If he does request a trade to Sydney in the next 2 years whichever Sydney team that takes him would need to take on that contract

AFL Club
Fremantle
Marketing.
You get him to crash into a few cars late at night while everyone is asleep. You then run a strip show and drop a rumour that Dusty will be there and charge way too much to get in.
Then you hype the bejesus out of his 300th game and encourage the crowd to assault him on the ground.
Cha-ching!!!