Collingwood
Score: 2,213
Weekly: 18,809
Overall: 29,887 (up from 32,092)
Value: $13,047,900
Bank: $5,300
Trades Out: Nil
Trades In: Nil
Heroes: Stewart (127), Bontempelli (161), Gaff (154), Parker (136), Naitanui (143), Petracca (114), Greenwood (111), Walters (115)
Villains: Docherty (Lucky 13), Neale (55, C), Close (36), Coniglio (DNP), Simpkin (62)
Comments: Had the potential to get almost 2400 this round, lost 181 points in bad captaincy and bad on field options.

Congrats to @Herbie66 on the weekly victory in our head to head comp, well deserved. Two in a row! Left your run a bit late, but thanks for the competition - we seemed fairly well matched this season.

Great to see so many good scores once again. Good luck to everyone in their grand finals that are still alive and your final chance to get the ranking you are after.

I'm personally on track for my best ever season surprisingly - I have never taken it seriously until last year though. Hoping for a great last round and to make the top 25K, but even maintaining my rank and finishing top 30K I will be happy with. After having a starting team set up for 1 round (very few rookies, lots of mid pricers), it was a lot of effort to get anything close to competitive this season.
Planned Trades: Still none left.
Good luck for the final round. Wherever you end up, I reckon you will at least halve your PB rank next season with a well-structured starting team.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2,213
Weekly: 18,809
Overall: 29,887 (up from 32,092)
Value: $13,047,900
Bank: $5,300
Trades Out: Nil
Trades In: Nil
Heroes: Stewart (127), Bontempelli (161), Gaff (154), Parker (136), Naitanui (143), Petracca (114), Greenwood (111), Walters (115)
Villains: Docherty (Lucky 13), Neale (55, C), Close (36), Coniglio (DNP), Simpkin (62)
Comments: Had the potential to get almost 2400 this round, lost 181 points in bad captaincy and bad on field options.

Congrats to @Herbie66 on the weekly victory in our head to head comp, well deserved. Two in a row! Left your run a bit late, but thanks for the competition - we seemed fairly well matched this season.

Great to see so many good scores once again. Good luck to everyone in their grand finals that are still alive and your final chance to get the ranking you are after.

I'm personally on track for my best ever season surprisingly - I have never taken it seriously until last year though. Hoping for a great last round and to make the top 25K, but even maintaining my rank and finishing top 30K I will be happy with. After having a starting team set up for 1 round (very few rookies, lots of mid pricers), it was a lot of effort to get anything close to competitive this season.
Planned Trades: Still none left.
Cheers mate , I was even hoping to get one round where I might actually have all 22 as premiums playing but alas that won't be happening this season , it's been fun.

Must say kudos on continuing to post your reviews each and every week regardless of your score.

Hats off to you , I am sure you will master this game very soon.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,356
Heroes: Captain Gawn, Lloyd, Stewart, Ridley, Z Williams, RIVERS, Bontempelli, Lyons, MILLER, Petracca, Bailey Smith
Villains: Haynes, Oliver, Mitchell, Goldstein, Wingard, Simpkin, Close (sort of)
Trades Made: OUT: Draper IN: Wingard
Trades Planned: None left
Comments: Missed a couple of weekly reviews with the compressed fixture but pretty much tread water over those couple of rounds.
This round was a true rollercoaster. I started very poorly and was faced with the decision of whether to field Close or hope that J Martin got named. I ended up fielding Close for his 36 points. J Martin didn’t end up getting named so that was a nice bonus 36 points from that decision.
On the Sat night I had Rivers as E and he scored 107 so I decided to bench Docherty by switching Starcevich on field. Very pleased with a bonus 94 points from that decision.
Going into Sunday I was behind in all four of my prelims and projected to lose by a minimum of 200 points in each match. Then Docherty got injured, POD’s in Bontempelli, Lyons and Miller scored well and Neale was a failure for most of my opponents including two who had him as captain.
Amazingly won all four prelims so very pleased to be playing in four Grand Finals this weekend including the SCS PL.
Really hoping that one or both of J Martin or Riccardi are named and there are no surprise outs for my team.
Best of luck to everybody in the final round, whether it be in Grand Finals or trying to get as high a rank as possible 👍

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here is the Round 17 update of the players owned within the Top 20 teams ....

Hopefully this may assist some of us as we endeavour to craft our way onwards and upwards for the remainder of the season.

Notes:
- Non-playing players (by team selections) greyed out and players that got injuries this round in red text for ease of viewing
- Also included is total points and points behind leader for subsequent teams.
- Still at least one SCS member that I know of in it ...

- 17 teams managed to remain in the top 20 and 1 returned after the completion of this round ... also listed is the probable trades they made last week ...

1600179210081.png
1600179242451.png
1600179273571.png

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,254
Weekly rank: 13,871
Overall: 7,863 (from 8,012)
Trades made: Draper and Blakely for Dawson and O’Connor
Heroes: Lloyd, Ridley, Rivers, Tobe, Bont, Jelly, Fyfe, Gawn, Petracca, Devon
Villains: Doc, Scrimshaw, Danger, TMitch, Neale, Dusty, Dawson lol
Trades planned: Cottrell to Saad

Comments:
So with JMartin and Doc under injury clouds, I needed to be able to cover both lines while utilising Draper’s cash and also deal with Blakely. Knew I would need a D/F connection. Traded in O’Connor while I mulled over Dawson vs Lukosius. Waited until right before Freo game, went Blakely to Dawson due to his better history with 2 mins left. I’m 50/50 in my prelim at this stage with Saturday going well so far. Teams drop later in the day for Sunday teams. DAWSON OUT. Screw the team announcement structure this year lol. He wasn’t on the injury list and I had checked the BigFooty board to see if there was any news. I was bloody fuming. Left me with a donut despite my best efforts. Lukosius didn’t have a great game but his 55 would have been better than nothing.
Disappointing week, what a round for Danger and Neale especially to spud it up big time. Didn’t lose my prelim by much so the donut and these two poor performances really hurt as they were 2 of the big POD’s I had against my opponent.
Just the way the cookie crumbles...Looking forward to next season.
Not trading Doc as I have $283K on the bench that was meant to be for Rivers to Ryan. With Doc out, I’d rather use the cash up for my own sanity by using one of the rookies. Nothing to play for now so might as well

Last edited: