Discussion Rookie Discussion

AFL Club
Essendon
Some media outlets rate Ridley as a must have rookie yet most teams I see don’t have him.

Why/why not?
He's expensive (for a "rookie"), only a 2nd year player so not really mature age/body, and will face competition for his spot in the team when Redman and Gleeson are fit.

I think he's a good pick who should average 80 or so, but Moore is around that price point and looks a better selection and most teams will only go with 1 of them.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Redman doesn't seem a threat what's your take on Gleeson?
Ridley is a better football from the limited games I've seen him play - he's a good user and looks all class and I would think Essendon will want to get games in to him. Just like the way he plays and more importantly he owes me for trading him in last season for 3 games!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
AFL Club
Collingwood
any thoughts on the JS of Lewis , Moore or Hanrahan at Hawthorn ? can't recall too many talking about them ?

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
any thoughts on the JS of Lewis , Moore or Hanrahan at Hawthorn ? can't recall too many talking about them ?
Think Lewis is 50-50 with Connor Nash to get a game round 1, Lewis the favourite for me. Looked pretty good early against the Tigers.
Think Moore will play Round 1, if he does his place will be in danger when Wingard is fit. Think Hanrahan is behind Moore.

Hopefully through a couple of contacts I might be able to get a better insight into the Hawks makeup early next week.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Think Lewis is 50-50 with Connor Nash to get a game round 1, Lewis the favourite for me. Looked pretty good early against the Tigers.
Think Moore will play Round 1, if he does his place will be in danger when Wingard is fit. Think Hanrahan is behind Moore.

Hopefully through a couple of contacts I might be able to get a better insight into the Hawks makeup early next week.
Cheers mate , just trying to figure out some other alternatives to Balta , Petrucelle & Parker (like Moore F & Burgess D) , preferring to leave both Drew & Setterfield in my mid at the moment to see what balance looks better.

A lot of these popular rookies seem to have questionable JS , I guess if they are named they just need to perform.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Jonathon Marsh, rebounding rookie, now listed for Saints. Expect straight into rd1. We now have a new budget Super coach defender!
It will be interesting to see how they price him. He averaged 60.1 from 10 games in 2016.