Discussion Rookie Discussion

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I've flipped so hard with NN R2 or not and potentially may end up with something like NN R2 and Naismith R3. I think no matter what happens, I'm taking Naismith, I think as a clear sole ruck his scoring potential is too high so I'd hate to miss out him as a cash cow. Even Soldo and Casboult scored tons last night and Kreuzer scored 33 from a qtr (let's conveniently "ignore" what Nank scored :p ). ATM it is just Naismith R2 for me.

I'm very open to taking a few premium compromises on field if needed to fit in playing rookies on bench. We have the trades to side ways those 400-450k types this season but it's much harder to get 1-2 basement rookies up to a 200k rookies down the track if it turns out that McAsey and Anderson types are the better picks.
I think if your bullish enough on Naismith then you’ve got to go balls out and play him at R2, if he’s worth picking he must be worth playing.

I’m currently in debate of NN & Naismith for my R2 with the big kicker being Naismith allows Whitfield over a 400s type. If Grundy comes out and smacks a monster tonight on limited possessions I’ll be all over NN like white on rice though.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think I, and most, are very interested in how Grundy is scored for tonight's game. That will decide which direction I go with regards to my R2 options.
Yeah his performance agains Beanpole Timmy tonight will be the deciding factor for a lot of coaches structure I’d wager. Certainly has a massive follow on effect on my side.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I think if your bullish enough on Naismith then you’ve got to go balls out and play him at R2, if he’s worth picking he must be worth playing.

I’m currently in debate of NN & Naismith for my R2 with the big kicker being Naismith allows Whitfield over a 400s type. If Grundy comes out and smacks a monster tonight on limited possessions I’ll be all over NN like white on rice though.
It'll depend heavily on the "pace" of the game again I think. If it's that fast paced game we saw last night, perhaps there are less stoppages and Grundy goes closer to a 110-120 (still great). If it's a bit slower, perhaps Grundy could push 160-200 odd.

Although it is very dangerous to base decisions off 1-2 games at the start of the year. I think generally Round 1 tends to be a lot more fast paced than other rounds as it is the first game of the year and players are very fresh. So there are also arguments to completely ignore what happens in these first two games as well :ROFLMAO: Let's not forget how poorly Grundy and Gawn both scored in Round 1 last year!

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I agree. I was running by the assumption that Starcevich would play. He's already debuted so wouldn't have such annoucement.

FWIW my current bench is:
(Brander, B.Williams)
Pickett (Starcevich, McInerney, Brown)
(Xerri)
Budarick (Cavara, Taylor)

If Taylor not named, I'll get King. If Starcevich and B.Williams are both not named, I'll have to rethink my current on field structure but may end up with Anderson and McAsey taking the spots of a non-playing Starcevich and Xerri.
B.Williams now my R3 due to not being named with Xerri now becoming McAsey.
I expect there will be a lot of pressure on Starcevich's spot going forward. Ah Chee missed this round with a "head cold".
McInerney and Brown were surprise packets too this round but their spots will also be under some pressure. Fingers crossed but I can see some "loopholes" automatically presenting between those three.

Good luck all whichever way you all swing but for me I want as many playing rookies on my bench as possible.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
I expect there will be a lot of pressure on Starcevich's spot going forward. Ah Chee missed this round with a "head cold".
McInerney and Brown were surprise packets too this round but their spots will also be under some pressure. Fingers crossed but I can see some "loopholes" automatically presenting between those three.

Good luck all whichever way you all swing but for me I want as many playing rookies on my bench as possible.
I was thinking the same. So I've switched Robertson to Rivers as a floating donut.

Anyone taking that Syd rookie McInerny because he is all thats left playing?

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I was thinking the same. So I've switched Robertson to Rivers as a floating donut.

Anyone taking that Syd rookie McInerny because he is all thats left playing?
Definitely taking him as playing rookie. I think it's promising that Sydney went with him over Sinclair so they would have an extra small. I think McInerney has the best JS of the trio of Starcevich, McInerney and Brown.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
anyone taking bedford for the same reasons.

I need a 117k non playing rookie (not ruck) in either DEF or MID. So Gould vs Rivers vs Robertson vs Hibberd

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Let’s us take Budarick forward it seems. I’m officially very nervous. Completed team has $0 remaining.

AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone feel strongly on an order or davis vs brown vs mcinerny??? it's panic stations rn hahaha

Edit: and who out of Williams and T. Watson is more likely to play soon??? o_O

no preseason study and this is what happens :sick:

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone feel strongly on an order or davis vs brown vs mcinerny??? it's panic stations rn hahaha

JS wise I'd think Davis --> McInerney --> Brown.
Scoring wise, go the opposite, or maybe McInerney slightly ahead of Brown.
If Brown can hold his spot, I think he has a decent enough style of game to score decent rookie numbers for us.

My personal opinion is mcinerny / brown > davis. gut feel is that mcinerny has more opportunity to lock down a spot in a weak Sydney team, but that brown might score better.

I'd have Williams > Watson, I suspect that def/ruc dpp may end up being pretty useful this year.

What are people's thoughts on D Cameron vs Xerri for R3? Interested in people's thoughts re both scoring potential, and chance of playing soon.