Review Round 1: Premature Evaluation - Winners/Persist/Cut

AFL Club
Collingwood
Guys

I thought it might be fun to start a thread which looks at early round performance and starts to identify who potential winning and questionable rookie and breakout selections are panning out.
Of course, it is premature at Round 1 to be making too authoritative an assessment on players
In part, this is an exercise in venting and celebrating

Winners - Clearly did enough to stick around in our teams at their respective prices
Persist - done enough at that price to not be on the chopping block just yet, but really want a little more to be retained
Cutters - one more game at around that price and we should use the extra trades we have up our sleeves this season to cut early and run!

Rookies and sub $250k players
Winners : Rowell, Georgiades, T Brown, M Pickett, Noble, Sturt, McInerney
Persist: Budarick, Anderson, Zerk-Thatcher, B Davis, T Green
Cutters : Graham, Cavarra, McAsey, Z Guthrie

Breakout/Mid Pricers/Value - under $500k
Winners: Greenwood, J Martin, D Smith, Naismith
Persist : Crisp (just he got starved of opportunity down back!), Brayshaw, Aish, Houston
Cutters: McPherson, TJ Lynch, S Walsh, Parish

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Definitely planning to cut McAsey. Problem is what defender is available and playing well that is under 200k? Any suggestions?
I'm about 15k short of affording Noble. Already have Starcevich so let's see how he goes today.

Gonna persist with Houston for now. I don't want to trade sideways just yet. Want to see how he goes in the derby next week.

Also, although I was making jokes about Dunkley in the other thread (haha!), there is no way I'm trading him out. He simply cannot have a worse game than he did against Collingwood. Only up from here!

AFL Club
GWS Giants
With 30 trades and an unknown end date to the season I won't be hanging around wondering. Players will bleed cash in this new format and go up quickly. I'm worried about the high end premiums being able to consitently put high numbers together to keep their current averages but will again check out what happens today. If I could use 4 of my trades next week I probably would in a heart beat.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Definitely planning to cut McAsey. Problem is what defender is available and playing well that is under 200k? Any suggestions?
I'm about 15k short of affording Noble. Already have Starcevich so let's see how he goes today.

Gonna persist with Houston for now. I don't want to trade sideways just yet. Want to see how he goes in the derby next week.

Also, although I was making jokes about Dunkley in the other thread (haha!), there is no way I'm trading him out. He simply cannot have a worse game than he did against Collingwood. Only up from here!
I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, yet Williams could be playing from next week by the sounds of things.

T Murphy of Nth also a late in, albeit onky because Daw has a cold.

AFL Club
Adelaide
660k for Neale seems a huge waste now. I am considering banking 200k to get to Viney, but don't think I can do it.