Review Round 1: Review

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the AFL suspended I thought I'd help give you all something to do even if it is for a few days or a week to discuss your thoughts and review your round 1 teams.

Score: 2,302
Heroes: Grundy 179x2, Neale 157, Dusty 126, Naismith 121, Mitchell 119, Docherty 117, Cripps 112, Fyfe 110, Whitfield 109, D Smith 105, Macrae & Ceglar 101.
Villains: Houston, Roberton and a bunch of rookies.
Planned Trades: With 9 weeks until the next round, havent got a lot planned. If I was to pretend there was AFL next week it would have been to get Sturt in.
Comments:
Feels good to break that 2.3k mark! :D With my starting team, I decided to have a bit of fun and try to incorporate at least 1 player from every club as my keeper. I broke the rule with Cripps/Doch being 2 keepers from the 1 team and also did 2 hawks due to a last minute switch of Petracca to Ceglar. Felt my team was too cookie cutter but it worked for round 1. Only pod was Ceglar I think.

(Please don't feel obligated to write the following in too much detail under this post in your review, unless you want to. Just the above is fine)

DEF: 5/10
Docherty the only tonne in this line. Its great to have him back. The rest were shocking but im glad I stuck with Laird over Sicily, small win there but was expecting Laird to smash out a 120+ score. Houston we have a problem lol. Major fail with Houston, against GC thought he'd get a minimum of 100. Roberton absolutely crap and didn't expect him to get the role he did, could trade him out to use his cash. Noble was good. For the other rookies, Brander vs BZT vs Starcevich for that D6 onfield spot... i ended up choosing correctly in Brander which was another small win there.

MID: 9.5/10
Think it's the first time ever that the 5 premo mids I've chosen have all scored the tonne! The 5 I chose in the end happened to be the 5 I actually chose back in January lol. Cripps good start to pick off Thursday night. Picked the right dogs trio in Macrae. Fyfe re-entered my about an hour before the first bounce on Saturday after I ditched Oliver. Neale was first picked mid for me after I had him last year early on when he was a pod, he's also in pretty much all my drafts too. Danger Vs Mitchell was battling for M5 for me all preseason and yeah reasons in the end were the De Boer tag and may be that hawk bias too haha which swayed Mitchell in my favour. Rowell/Green/Pickett were probably the 3 most locked M6-M8 for nearly everyone. Was very tempted to bench Green for pod but to play McInerny but thought I paid a lot for him so had to field him. Mohony my cap loop.

RUC: 10/10
Grundy forever VC was just too damn good. Naismith was the Witts of the past who I missed out on and deeply regretted it back then. I wasn't going to make the same mistake and go Gawn again so Naismith was a lock all summer. Williams the R3.

FWD: 9/10
All 4 of my premos managed to get the tonne! Dusty & Smith were always locked in. Whitfield was always in and out. Ceglar was a last minute inclusion for Petracca, I lost in this one by only by a little and Ceglar was going to provide future ruck cover eventually. Taylor with a 2nd half miracle. Budarick disappointing. Had Sturt over Cavarra but chose Cavarra due to the ability to loop him on Friday night. King the other bench rookie.

Conclusion:
I know that many of you are disapppointed with the suspension of the AFL, so am I but I hope you all know it's probably the best for health and safety of everyone on the world. Hope we get more afl action in May/June. For those who have done well i hope you ride the high and enjoy it for the next 9 or so weeks (like me :D) and for those who didn't do so well, think of it as a nice break to re-evaluate your teams and see how many plans you can make from here til then. Take care everyone. I hope you all continue to stick around even if it's to join in our general discussions thread like our tv shows thread. Survivor ftw!!!

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,247
Heroes: Grundy, Andrews, Naismith, Townsend, Fort
Villains: Lynch, Witherden
Planned Trades: Unsure at this stage but Howe looks essential at $432k. Also need to address a rookie or two.

Comments: Made some customary late changes to my team throughout the round so my team heading into the round didn’t look anything like my team when it was over.

In hindsight, a few extra punts would’ve been the way to go. Couldn’t talk myself into Whitfield to Ceglar but the extra funds dealing the Birchall late out would’ve been handy.

All in all, a solid start. Hopefully the season goes ahead!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,203
Heroes: Grundy, Howe, Petracca, Fort, Sturt
Villains: Sicily, Danger, Bont, Roberton
Planned Trades: Will depend whether I ditch Gawn at R2.

Comments: Feel that I went in with the right structure to minimise on-field Rookie exposure, just the wrong mix of Premiums. Decided to go with more 'impact' players (higher ratio) thinking that they would be the main beneficiaries of a condensed SC scoring game. In hindsight, it was the higher CPs players who experience the biggest gain if the R1 scores are anything to go off.

As much as I try, I couldn't go away from my GG rucks set up as that has been one area where it has really hurt my season whenever I deviated from starting with the best available Rucks.

I didn't hold too much hope for this season and was absolutely stoke that it actually got underway albeit for only the one week. It certainly highlight that the AFL or any other sporting codes for that matter has an integral place in our daily lives. Not withstanding the bigger picture, I hope that we do get a form of truncated before season's end.

Lastly, I take solace in the fact that the R1 leader also started with Lukosius!

AFL Club
Sydney
Score: 2,339
Heroes: Grundy, Heeney, Howe, Dusty, Naismith, Sloane
Villains: Sicily, Bont, Brayshaw
Planned Trades: Was looking at R3 to Pitonet, Brayshaw to Ceglar. Obviously I might change my mind....

Comments: I didn't think I'd spend be ranked 541st until June!

Overall, I'm delighted. Funnily enough, it seems the players where I made my decision myself went very well(e.g. Naismith, Heeney, Howe, Titch, Sloane) did well whereas those that were in my team based on "group think" didn't go well (Houston, Brayshaw).

I got my rookies mostly right, missed the Port Geo guy but had McInerney, Sturt, and a few others. Didnt't have either on the field so cost myself 108 points and a Top 20 rank. Oh well!

AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,144
Heroes: Grundy, Howe, Dusty, Naismith, D Smith, Fort, Macrae for getting to 100 when his team was rubbish
Villains: Dunkley, Bont, Lynch, Cumming, On-field rookies
Planned Trades: Probably Cavarra -> Sturt. Maybe Lynch -> Petracca with 'fix it' cash

Comments: I managed to leave 122 rookie points on the bench after my donut to play (Robertson) lasted all of 7 games and by fielding Buderick over Taylor and Green over McInerney, so that's a sign that things can improve.

The mids were disappointing: Danger copped the hardest tag in the game and still got 83 so he wasn't really the culprit. I went all in with 3 doggies mids and despite them scoring something like 360 between them when getting killed by Collingwood last season, this week they only managed 246. Neale and Titchell might have been a better bet than Bont and Dunkley to add some diversity to the portfolio but it's a long season (never truer than this year perhaps).

Other than that it was pretty good. Managed to dodge the pitfall players after toying with many of them all season (Freo Brayshaw, Parish, Roberton etc.) and nail some PODs (Howe, Fort) so pleased enough with what seems par or slightly below for R1.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 1,949
Heroes: Dusty, Naismith, Doc, Coniglio, Cripps, Whitfield. Devon, Ceglar
Villains: Parish, Brayshaw, Roberton, Guthrie, and a bunch of rookies.
Planned Trades: Maybe Parish & Roberton to Howe and Sturt or whatever I can make the $725k work with.
Comments: Whilst very disappointing, it is only round one and not the end of the world yet. Still had 10 players go 100+ but the issue was they only just scraped over and they were matched by 8 on field players going under 70 - half of those under 50!

My structure is probably to blame:
Premiums ($500k+) - I only had 9 of these and 7 tonned up. My bookends (most and least expensive) Gawn and McCluggage the failures.
Break Out Targets ($300-500k) - I went a bit too heavy here having 5 players, but fortunately 3 of them scored 100. The 2 that didn’t though, really failed!
High Price Rookies ($150-300k) - Having 7 players in this price range in addition to higher range mid pricers probably added to my woes. One tonned up, but 4 went under 50.
Rookies (<$150k) - 9 players with only 4 going above 50. I am hoping it was just first game nerves.

The good thing is that I enjoy a challenge, and I have certainly given myself one!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,111
Heroes: Doc, Titch, Boak, Cogs, Jacobs, Martin, Greene, Smith
Villains: Bont, MacPherson, Lynch
Planned Trades: TBC. Quite a few I would like to bring in.
Comments: Reasonable start from me. Took quite a few risks, avoiding both Gawn and Grundy. 10 on-field 100+ scores (plus Naismith on the pine without an Emergency) was great, just had too many 70-100 scores on field (8) along with 4 sub-70 scores which kept me from getting a really good score.

Score: 2,208
Heroes: Dusty, Doc, McGrath, Mitchell, Neale, Rowell, Viney, Rozee, Smith, Fort
Villains: Brayshaw, Roberton, DMac, Houston, English & (to a lesser extent BZT & Green)
Planned Trades: Maybe English to Naismith and Roberton to Howe. Roberton was just non existent.. but long time to mull over many decisions, so could drastically change..
Comments: Massive fail by leaving out Grundy, but i decided early not to run him, just didnt expect such a monster straight up and hurts even more it was against my R2 in English.. terrible start.. Went with my gut on a few decisions, some paid off, others didnt.. i like my Redman POD, may be a little Bomber biased, but he's the type of player that gives his all and has plenty of mongrel. Think he'll be a solid pick.. loved that i stuck fat with McGrath and Viney as 'mid' price players who look to have big years ahead.. time will tell if they get to show it..

Roberton, Brayshaw were mostly 'follow the crowd' and minimise potential damage picks.. still like Brayshaw though, so he'll stay.. Roberton goneski.. DMac was idiotic, sucked in by Pre Season form, but he might still get an opportunity at redemption.. Glad i left out the Big 3 Dogs, gives me more flexibility. Bonus about my team is that i got 2200+ Rd 1 and i have a bank of $395k to 'fix' mistakes..

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,331
Heroes: Grundy, Howe, Neale, Sturt, Naismith
Villains: Roberton, Cavarra, Danger, Bont,
Planned Trades:
. Probably a restructure. Went 6 gun mids but that has left me exposed in forward and defence. Roberton/Cavarra up and Bont down maybe. Liked the look of Hurn/Heeney/Stewart/Ceglar.
Comments: Tinkered a lot in the last couple of days. Some paid off. Some didn't but cant complain with a 3 digit ranking after round 1. Was on Parker and Wingard all summer and took them out late which stung. Decided to load up on another gun mid, taking out Wingard and had the cash to up Parker to Danger so did. Didn't put enough thought into the De Boer tag. At the last minute took out Crisp for Howe which was a big win. Jacobs out for Naismith late sort of evens out. Landed Sturt and Pickett on but copped Cavarra/Buderick/Roberton/BZT so rookies evened out.
Roberton looked absolutely pedestrian so he is number one on my hitlist. Other than Danger and Bont all my premos tonned and those guys are guaranteed to come good so no harm done there.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2179

Heroes: Grundy (C) , Heeney , Sloane , Naismith , Docherty , Cripps , Fyfe , Greene , Smith , Kelly

Villians: Laird , Bont , Riewoldt , Sicily , TJL , Roberton

Comments: deflated even further to log in and see my ranking , was hoping for a lot better start to the season.

Defence: Docherty good , was expecting more from Laird & Sicily , Roberton could be a big issue.

Rookies all looked uninspiring aside from Brander.

Mids: Sloane excellent , Fyfe , Kelly & Cripps all underwhelming for their starting price , Bont shocking.

Standard rookies.

Ruck: Grundy & Naismith ✓✓

Forwards: no Dusty & Whitfield , so extremely happy with Greene & Heeney , Smith standard , Lynch & Reiwoldt down.

Missed Georgiades & Sturt.

Overall thought my starting structure was strong enough (so maybe I don't think properly) , 7 months left to get in Round 2 so will rookie correct then Round 3 get the Carlton ruckman in before rotating premiums before the rookie cows moo enough (fingers crossed for the defence ones)

Tried watching 5 games on TV but found them to be slightly above AFLX standard or just a intra club practice game......almost seemed a agreement in a couple of them to not tackle.

Credit though to a few creative goal celebrations.

Think the AFL made the correct decision to start the season and then to suspend it.

Stay safe all , have a feeling the next 2-3 weeks is going to be as severe and dangerous as anything we have encountered.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,166
Heroes: Doc, Titch, Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Grundy, Whitfield, Martin, Smith, Sturt
Villains: Sicily, Ryan, Brayshaw, Gawn.
Planned Trades: Starcevich to Mcinerney, Cavarra to Georgiadis
Comments: I will stick to my plans and only go for the rookies I missed out on, all depending on who will be named in 10(?) weeks time.
I have to believe that this week's villains will be heroes nest round.
One point though: last year I swore I would not have Brayshaw ever again in my team, I should have sworn away from any Brayshaw.
Defence: Docherty 117 looking like the Doc of old, Ryan 52 pitiful, Sicily 70 needs to improve, rookies all looked :poop:.
Mids: Sloane 157 excellent, Macrae 103, and Cripps 112, just a pass, Mitchell 119 (Welcome back champ!), Pickett 94 and Rowell 80 excellent, Brown 64 promising good things to come.
Ruck: Grundy 179 great, Gawn 93 I just hope that is a bad start like last year'
Forwards: Happy with Dusty 126, Whitfield 109, Smith 105, over the moon with Sturt 100, Taylor 79 very good, Brayshaw 66 see above.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,188
Overall Rank: 16,029
Heroes: Grundy (C), Neale, Martin, Docherty, Whitfield, Smith, Pickett, Rowell, Noble, Taylor
Villains: Gawn, Laird, Sicily, Kelly, Cavarra, Starcevich
Planned Trades: N/A

Comments: Overall a pretty disappointing start to the season, after a promising Thursday night game. The defence was a nightmare aside from Docherty and Noble, and to be honest the midfield wasn't much better aside from Lachie Neale, with my other four premiums being a little bit underwhelming. Made the wrong call on just about everyone of my rookie roulette decisions for the round which hurt. With plenty of time to ponder things prior to the next round I'll be looking at all options to see that ranking improve.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2,150
Heroes: Grundy C
Villains: Macpherson, Roberton
Comments: Missed all of the big scorers apart from Grundy. Traded out a rookie during the round to Rankine to get Sturt’s score so that worked well. I am happy with the team I have, Way the cards fell, had worse starts to a season. Rankine to George , maybe Oliver to someone, he continues to disappoint.

Be well all of you, your friends and family.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,221
Heroes: Grundy, Naismith, Dusty, Doc, Cripps, Ceglar, Taylor, McInerney, Pickett
Villains: Sicily, Roberton
Planned Trades: Will try to get a rookie off field at D4 or F5 (counting Roberton as high priced rookie currently!)

Comments: Happy with that. Forward keepers all did well. Laird and Sicily underwhelmed but no concern there. Mid premo’s to Oliver at M5 just did enough.

Very happy with Naismith choice and last minute reversion to Grundy.

Rookies just a raffle with Sturt the miss bit I wouldn’t have fielded him anyway.

Can afford to get Fort and Sturt as trade ins if I’m happy to give Roberton one more chance do probably will do that assuming scoring stays so favorable to rucks with good HTA’s.

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,297
Heroes: Captain Grundy, Docherty, Howe, Noble, Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Whitfield, M Pickett, Rowell, Naismith, Dusty, Petracca, Ceglar, D Smith
Villains: Sicily, Roberton, Bontempelli, MacPherson and some on-field rookies
Planned Trades: Not sure whether I give Roberton and/or MacPherson one more chance or whether I trade one or two poor scoring rookies for Sturt and/or Geodude.
Comments: Very pleased with my first round score. A lot more heroes than villains. MacPherson was a very late in just 10 mins before the Suns game so I’m disappointed with that pick especially as the player I swapped out for him was Ben Long. Got most of my other on field picks right though and have started with a good ranking so I really can’t complain. Can’t wait for the footy and SC to be back. Going to be a very long couple of months or more!

AFL Club
Brisbane
Score: 2,168

Better start than last year when I was 90,424... and finished at 21,835. Food for thought
In fact, not as good a score, but the year I finished 220th, I started at 22,036... More food for thought

So that bodes well. Normally, I do well in the byes (not last year) too. So.... will see what happens now they don't actually exist.

Heroes: Neale 157, Dusty 126, Naismith 121, Docherty 117, Cripps 112, Fyfe 110, Whitfield 109, D Smith 105, Petracca 105, Macrae 103, Kelly 102, NicNat 100. Marlion Pickett, Roberton ;-)
Villains: Houston, Sicily and the rookies.

Planned Trades: If next week, I might look at getting Sturt in ... Don't think I have room For Giorgie

Toying losing Macrae or Houston to bring in a very low breakeven player. Maybe someone for MAccrae? But Dogs have Carlton next...

Comments:
Surely Brodie can't score 179 each week. Although Nic Nat is a worry considering they gave him so much time off ground once the game was sewn up. Think I have to ride Nic Nat and miss out on Jacobs but I am tempted to switch. Jacobs won't play Geelong each week and Nic Nat won\t play The beard either.

DEF: 6/10
No Roberton and the starc on the bench. so that was ok.

MID: 7/10
Think it went ok. Didnt' have the Bont or Danger - but only one smashed it out of the park - Neale.

RUC: 8/10
Not having Grundy is a huge mistake... That I am wearing it though - especially as Naismith collected.

FWD: 8/10
All 4 of my guns got the 100. Pity rookies were such duds.

Conclusion:
Need Grundy to sit on a couch and eat nothing pies and frothies over the next 9 weeks...

AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,251
Heroes: Grundy (VC), Naismith, Petracca, Docherty, Neale, T.Mitchell, D. Smith, D.Martin, C. Taylor
Villains: Roberton, Sicily, Bont, Houston, T.Green
Planned Trades: Cavarra - Sturt & Roberton - Bewley

Comments:

Final Side
DEF: Sicily, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Noble, BZT (Guthrie, Brander)
MID: Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, T.Mitchell, Bont, Rowell, Green, Pickett (Starcevich, T.Brown, Mcinerney)
RUC: Grundy, Naismith (Comben)
FWD: Whitfield, D.Martin, Petracca, D.Smith, C.Taylor, Budarick (Cavarra, King)

My best rd 1 ranking i've ever had so can't complain too much about my starting side. A few disappointing premium scores in Bont, Sicily and Houston. Bont had his worst game i've seen him play, 7 clangers and looked fumbly yet managed 76. Cant see him playing that poorly again. Sicily is inconsistent but looked to be playing the role i picked him for, won't panic too much especially with most interceptors scoring well week 1. Houston is the one i'm a bit more concerned about. Admittedly I wasn't able to watch the game but i feel like better scoring is more conducive to players with high CP ratios this year and Houston doesn't strike me as that type of player. Started poorly but recovered well when the game was over. Would have scored 90+ if more scaling was available the 2nd half so maybe i shouldn't be concerned just yet.

Roberton was shocking. Had 4 touches the first few minutes and wasn't sighted again. Perfect trade out option at his elevated price. Obviously a lot will happen between now and when footy eventually returns but if rd 2 were to start this week my options would be Bewley, Fort or Georgiadis. Bewleys had a good role all preseason + rd 1 and with Fort i don't know if i can trust Geelong's ever rotating ruck system. However he did score well with limited influence like most rucks tended to. Georgiadis at his basement price is appealing but a part of me feels as if playing gold coast helped him achieve his score. Wouldn't typically trade Sturt in most years being a small fwd for an average side, or would at least wait to see his 2nd game. Obviously we don't have that privilege this season so I think i'll just have to pick him.

Pretty happy with the remainder of my selections. Naismith was in there most of the jlt then Gawn found his way in for the last few days before lockout. With team selections and a lack of defence rookies my hands were tied and i traded him down to Naismith and upgraded B.Williams to Sicily in defence and it allowed me to play Budarick over Cavarra which was another key factor in the decision. As poorly as Sicily did and despite Budarick not yet meeting my expectations of him being one of the better rookies we have this year, it gained me around 50 points. If Naismith can average 95-100 when games return it would be a huge win while we wait for Gawns price to drop. Was also a last minute selection choosing Titch over Macrae. Barely considered him over the preseason but having 2 WB mid prems concerned me, partly because of reasons like Friday night, but also because i thought Macrae would be slightly disadvantaged with the new shorter quarters because of his already has high tog %

Bit of an empty feeling after Sundays news to suspend games for at least 9 weeks. No training as well makes me think it will take longer than June to return. Any way you look at it it's going to be a compromised Supercoach season that will always have a little asterisk next to it. Regardless, i'll still be trying to make the most of it and hopefully trying some new strategies based on how they decide to approach it when the season hopefully resumes. Really hope they dont allow a total reset of teams as it basically funnels everyone into similiar setups based off this weeks data. For example I can't see anyone sticking with Gawn, Dunkley or Roberton when they all face significant price drops while guys like Naismith, Howe and Viney will be the flavours of the month. Those that had the guts to pick these pods should be rewarded while those that picked premiums that didn't perform as well as they would have liked should have to come up with creative strategies if they wish to offload them. Or just endure their price drops and work your way around them as with premium selections every year that dont start off too well. A free hit would be unfair and whether i started the season top 1k or i was ranked 100k at the end of this round it would be my view, its not situational. At the end of the day we all had the same information available going into the round.

However in saying this i hope they are logical about it too and do allow a few more trades than just the standard 2. If not I can see it turning into a frustrating and unenjoyable season having deadwood like Green on the bench when Ward is fit to play in a couple of months. Anything between 3-5 trades seems appropriate after the long layoff so teams cant totally re-jig structures but it allows them enough movement to have a team that has 28-30 playing players.

Going to be a long few months with no footy but i look forward to its eventual return.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2,166
Heroes: Doc, Titch, Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Grundy, Whitfield, Martin, Smith, Sturt
Villains: Sicily, Ryan, Brayshaw, Gawn.
Planned Trades: Starcevich to Mcinerney, Cavarra to Georgiadis
Comments: I will stick to my plans and only go for the rookies I missed out on, all depending on who will be named in 10(?) weeks time.
I have to believe that this week's villains will be heroes nest round.
One point though: last year I swore I would not have Brayshaw ever again in my team, I should have sworn away from any Brayshaw.
Defence: Docherty 117 looking like the Doc of old, Ryan 52 pitiful, Sicily 70 needs to improve, rookies all looked :poop:.
Mids: Sloane 157 excellent, Macrae 103, and Cripps 112, just a pass, Mitchell 119 (Welcome back champ!), Pickett 94 and Rowell 80 excellent, Brown 64 promising good things to come.
Ruck: Grundy 179 great, Gawn 93 I just hope that is a bad start like last year'
Forwards: Happy with Dusty 126, Whitfield 109, Smith 105, over the moon with Sturt 100, Taylor 79 very good, Brayshaw 66 see above.
I only got 123 points for Sloane ? or do you mean Neale ?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,116
Overall Rank: 39,301
Heroes: Grundy (C), Neale, Dusty, Doc, Cogs, Tracca, Smith, Ceglar, Pickett, Noble
Villains: Sic Dawg, Roberton (GAGF), Dunks, Danger, Gawn, Brayshaw (Freo), Starcevich
Planned Trades: Gawn > Naismith and Roberton > Sturt (via DPP)

Comments: Pretty disappointed with my score/rank and cracked the Sh1ts on Sunday night (especially with cancellation of AFL and life as we know it generally :cry:) but have taken a deep breath and decided to take a calm view of my teams performance.

Upon reflection it is not as bad as I first thought. I probably left 90 points on the bench, and while this can be partially attributed to poor judgement, I think I'm happy to blame a bit of bad luck as well. I also had Roberton (FMD :mad:) and his 26 cannot be looked at as normal. I'm not sure what I expected, but a minimum of 50-60 wouldn't have been unreasonable. Just taking the 120 or so lost points from these couple of examples would have given me a score around 2250 and an approx rank around 5500 which would have been quite reasonable.

I definitely had a few rubbish performers in Sic, Dunks, Danger & Brayshaw, but they are good players (maybe not Brayshaw) and could have scored well on any other day. To counter balance these duds I was pretty happy with Tracca and Ceglar who tonned up as well as Cogs who was a late replacement for Oliver.

Overall the team looks solid enough, but if the season ever gets a chance to continue I will take immediate corrective action and aggressively try to trade myself into a better position. First trades will be Gawn > Naismith and Roberton > Sturt (via DPP) in order to bank cash and boost cash generation. After that I will give Brayshaw one week to show me something and if he doesn't then he will be traded up to someone who can (not sure who yet). I will use the other trade to either make another mid price correction or bring in another cashcow if available.

On a final positive note, I had a few league wins including the Premier League where the team is sitting 5th. At least I have one small piece of SC happiness which I can carry into this period of looming darkness.

Good luck to you all and your loved one's in the times ahead and may all your Trades be forever in your favour :)

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
I thought I would channel my inner @stevedwards and work out the maximum score practicably selectable for round 1. The reason I say practicably selectable is because I have worked on the assumption that most would have restricted their thinking to only consider the players that played in round 1 in their starting side with the exception of R3.

I believe the following to be it. Interesting that it included 2 FWD-MIDs on field in the midfield.

Note that I am a still learning this linear programming caper so I issue a challenge to all to see if they can spot any flaws in this side.

1585130894336.png