Discussion Round 1: Teams & In Game Discussion

lappinitup

2006 AFL SuperCoach Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
With the way scoring has been affected by the shortened games... It wouldn't surprise me at all to see SC scrap this round and start from new when we hopefully resume playing games in June with CD having revisited the way they calculate scores in the break.
Be very unfair to all those who put in the work to structure a good round 1 team!

They should simply continue it if/when we resume

AFL Club
West Coast
Be very unfair to all those who put in the work to structure a good round 1 team!

They should simply continue it if/when we resume
Yeah it may be a little unfair, and not saying that's the way I want it to go... I’d be just as happy to keep going as is... But it's the way I could see it going. Just looking at this from all angles.

The late minute switch to shortened quarters has had an unintended effect to the game of SC, something that none of us saw coming nor CD saw coming for that matter. Some players scores have been heavily inflated.

If they chose to restart SC... I could see them adjusting starting prices, adjusting the scoring system and having the knowledge of what the fixture would be.

Would probably keep a lot more people interested in whatever the rest of the season looks like, as I reckon there would be a lot of good coaches who just got unlucky by not having many of the guys who’s scores where heavily inflated this round. For those coaches they might just think it’s season over already and not bother in 2020. And that wouldn’t be good for SC, even though we’d have a better shot at winning.