Strategy Round 10: Trades

How many trades have you used before making your Rd 10 trades?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 12 9.8%

Votes: 15 12.2%

Votes: 23 18.7%

Votes: 27 22.0%

Votes: 15 12.2%

Votes: 14 11.4%

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • 7 or less

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What I think:
Neale, Cripps, Jelly, Macrae, Fyfe, Oliver, Zerrett & Sloane.
Vs
What I'll have to settle with:
Neale, Cripps, Jelly, Macrae, Fyfe, Oliver, Rocky & Brouch.

6/8 ain't bad.
Currently have L Neale, N Fyfe, J Kelly, C Oliver, Z Merrett and R Sloane and intend on grabbing Macrae and Cripps replacing S Walsh and C Constable for my M7 and M8 over the next month with J Macrae likely to be selected this week.

In regards to your question:
L Neale, J Macrae, P Cripps, J Kelly, N Fyfe, C Oliver, E Yeo and Z Merrett.
So Connoisseur... you have the 8 I wanted ...can I have your midfield please? :LOL:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So Connoisseur... you have the 8 I wanted ...can I have your midfield please? :LOL:
If you take Goldy, Hoff and a bench of Answerth, Burgess, Constable, Hayes, Stocker, Bines, Setterfield and Young then we could possibly make a deal.

Could grab M Crouch or A Brayshaw later instead of J Macrae and P Cripps but I didn't have the duo last year and both will likely finish top 6. Once I finish the midfield only 1 player of the aforementioned 8 was purchased in excess of 620,000 (C Oliver).:eek::D:LOL::LOL:

AFL Club
Carlton
Currently have L Neale, N Fyfe, J Kelly, C Oliver, Z Merrett and R Sloane and intend on grabbing Macrae and Cripps replacing S Walsh and C Constable for my M7 and M8 over the next month with J Macrae likely to be selected this week.

In regards to your question:
L Neale, J Macrae, P Cripps, J Kelly, N Fyfe, C Oliver, E Yeo and Z Merrett.
Where does Yeo fit in? Macrae and Cripps for M7 and 8, but you listed Yeo.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you take Goldy, Hoff and a bench of Answerth, Burgess, Constable, Hayes, Stocker, Bines, Setterfield and Young then we could possibly make a deal.

Could grab M Crouch or A Brayshaw later instead of J Macrae and P Cripps but I didn't have the duo last year and both will likely finish top 6. Once I finish the midfield only 1 player of the aforementioned 8 was purchased in excess of 620,000 (C Oliver).:eek::D:LOL::LOL:
Lol no deal :p.

Definitely would not get Brayshaw with his new role. Matt needs about 40 touches to score a tonne and injured atm. Definitely go for Macrae/Cripps and compromise elsewhere. I'm trying Macrae this week too... however if both Williams & Danger are out I'll have to get a defender in instead.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol no deal :p.

Definitely would not get Brayshaw with his new role. Matt needs about 40 touches to score a tonne and injured atm. Definitely go for Macrae/Cripps and compromise elsewhere. I'm trying Macrae this week too... however if both Williams & Danger are out I'll have to get a defender in instead.
Same dilemma here. Can trade Atkins for Macrae pushing Constable to the bench to then be upgraded to Lloyd next week but I could potentially have Williams missing (Answerth/Burgess/Moore cover), Danger missing (Setterfield/Young cover), Moore missing (Setterfield/Young cover).

Makes more sense to grab Lloyd this week for Atkins via Answerth pushing Duursma to the bench as cover for Williams and then trade him for Macrae next week and play Constable against the Suns but means I'll have to likely pay 600,000 for Macrae next week.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Same dilemma here. Can trade Atkins for Macrae pushing Constable to the bench to then be upgraded to Lloyd next week but I could potentially have Williams missing (Answerth/Burgess/Moore cover), Danger missing (Setterfield/Young cover), Moore missing (Setterfield/Young cover).

Makes more sense to grab Lloyd this week for Atkins via Answerth pushing Duursma to the bench as cover for Williams and then trade him for Macrae next week and play Constable against the Suns but means I'll have to likely pay 600,000 for Macrae next week.
So we have almost the exact same situation. I have Stack against Essendon instead so I'm not sure how he'll "stack" up against essendon :LOL:. I am also most likely getting Lloyd next week.

My pro for trading in Macrae this week is that he is up against north. The con is mainly... I will feel bad trading in Macrae next week for just 1 game. For you, Constable against the sun's looks very juicy so I would probably go the opposite and get Lloyd for u if it means fielding Constable.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So we have almost the exact same situation. I have Stack against Essendon instead so I'm not sure how he'll "stack" up against essendon :LOL:. I am also most likely getting Lloyd next week.

My pro for trading in Macrae this week is that he is up against north. The con is mainly... I will feel bad trading in Macrae next week for just 1 game. For you, Constable against the sun's looks very juicy so I would probably go the opposite and get Lloyd for u if it means fielding Constable.
Thanks. If Williams plays then Macrae will come in and whilst I'm very confident that Macrae will score 120+ this week I don't want to cop a donut in the backline if Answerth is dropped and Williams is not selected.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Thoughts on Ziebell as a forward keeper? 3 tons in 4 games since Brad Scott started playing him in the middle. only $462,300
I like a lot! Wish I’d taken him over Dunkley but with the information at hand last round, that call wasn’t possible.

Nicely priced and has a good bye round.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With Danger and Williams a good chance to miss, I'll look to boost my defence and field a better fwd rookie.
Hoping Mouch returns so I can roll out my completed midfield.?

Walsh - Young (Setts swing)
Duursma - Whitfield

AFL Club
Carlton
I've got concerns that Young could be a Parker. Only 8 touches, 2 goals for 69 points. In the 1st minute of play streamed down the wing for an inside 50 and got a goal assist via Bruce. He got 12 points for that. He also had 4 tackles and 73% tog. Might wait another week to see how he goes.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I've got concerns that Young could be a Parker. Only 8 touches, 2 goals for 69 points. In the 1st minute of play streamed down the wing for an inside 50 and got a goal assist via Bruce. He got 12 points for that. He also had 4 tackles and 73% tog. Might wait another week to see how he goes.
Oh don't say that! I desperately need to get rid of Parker

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was considering Parker -> Young also, along with Collins -> Stewart. Young probably will be a dud, but it doesn't really matter to me, I'm going to be out of trades just after the bye rounds. He is bench cover at this stage in any case, whoever I get in that spot.