Review Round 12: Review

quite ironic

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 2,028
Weekly Rank: 9,999
Overall Rank: 21,441 (from 27,443)
Heroes: Williams, Hore, Cripps, Danger (C), Walsh, O’Brien, Neale, Gawn, TKelly, Lloyd, Heeney.
Villains: Laird, Clark, Answerth, Balta, Baker.
Trades Made: Out: Steele + Whitfield In: Sicily + Laird
Trades Planned: Out: Clark, Answerth, Balta In: Naish, Clarke/Bewley, Daniel/Walters

Comments: Trade-ins were pretty much a bust as Laird scored below what I am expecting. However, that trade meant I didn’t have to take Balta’s 29 so that’s handy. Sicily in was a no score so probably a positive considering I still did quite well this week and gives me another body for this coming week. I’m pretty low on trades as I’ve been struck with a fair few injuries throughout the season. Set up pretty well with 19 playing this week but that’s assuming Rockliff, O’Brien and R.Young get named which is pretty optimistic (especially in the later’s case). No Balta, Clark or Answerth will be refreshing this week with the only real possible poor rookies being fielded being Duursma, Naish, Baker, Setterfield, Young and Clarke/Bewley.

Hoping Rockliff, O’Brien and Young play and I can once again jump the masses as there looks like a heap of teams struggling to field 18 this week.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 1994
Overall Rank: 618 (from 738)
Heroes: Williams, Cripps, Danger (VC), Walsh, Gawn, TKelly, Lloyd, Heeney, JKelly
Villains: Laird, Clark, Answerth, Baker, Smith
Trades Made: Whitfield to Laird
Trades Planned: Clark to Sicily. Then Answerth to one if DClarke/Bewley; Baker to Macrae/Blakely

Comments: Happy to go up in the rankings but trading Mouch over Rocky last round seems like it’ll hurt. Cost 90 pts having Answerth over Mouch, will see if Rocky over Answerth/donut makes up for it in R14... praying Rocky gets up this week...

Neale was close to being worth the price tag of $635k i paid for him... but unfortunately faded hard in the second half. Will hope he can salvage a decent average from here.

Ziebell would’ve been nice to have over Cameron...

Have 450k in bank so time for some upgrades! Happy to still have Walsh as well

Crabby Skills

50 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2086
Weekly Rank: 3,385
Overall Rank: 4,527 (from 8k)
Heroes: Lloyd, Cripps, Oliver, Gawn, Kelly, Dangerfield, Heeney, Gawn, Walsh, Cunnington
Villains: Clark, Answerth, Larkey, Me 4 Neale (C)
Trades Made: Whitlfield, Balta -> Naish, Cunnington
Trades Planned: Clark, Answerth, Atkins to Sicily, a premo mid or back, and rookie

Comments: The bye round ascension is on!

Would've tipped the 2100 mark if I had just VC'd Danger and not tried to be cool and with going T.Kelly instead...

500k in bank - but I don't know how to spend it! Sicily or Ryan, Bont or Zerrett? It's all so even.

Diabolical

250 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 1852
Weekly Rank: 53,909
Overall Rank: 31,472 (From 30,002)
Heroes: Cripps, Gawn, Danger (c), Lloyd, Telly
Villains: BSmith, Laird, Mumford (on field with O’Brien on bench :mad:), Cameron, Edwards, Darling
Trades Made: Lockhart & Rowbottom to Clarke & Rotham
Trades Planned: Possibly Scrimshaw & Balta to Ryan & Bewley with third trade determined by team announcements - but currently weighing up between brining in Gray or Blakely for Parker.
Comments: Another round, another meh score. Finally fluked my first win in SCS 1000 Plus, which was my only league with an ugly zero wins next to my name, so I’m happy about that! My trades this week were more about restructuring my team as I had too many non players in my mids so not concerned if Rotham is dropped as I can wear that better in my backline.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 1955
Weekly Rank: 25,404
Overall Rank: 74,482 (from 81,884)
Heroes: Cripps, Dangerfield (VC), Walsh, Taranto , T Kelly, Heeney , Bines (C)
Villains: Zorko, Laird, Crisp, Pendlebury (did not look right at all) , Milera (new recruit) , Coniglio (new recruit) , Darling, Mumford
Trades Made: Constable to Hayden , Sloane to Coniglio, Kennedy to Milera
Trades Planned: Mumford to M Crouch

Comments: was dreaming of 2000+ until Pendles & Crisp let me down, managed to win my first league game in SCS04 for the season and rose 7402 points in the rankings. This week may well be a different story though.

BlufBlufShuv

50 Games Club
Score: 2095

Weekly Rank: 2787

Overall: 22763 from 32414

Heroes: usual suspects, led by Crippa (c) and also others like Ziebell, Burgess, Gibbons and Walsh

Villains: Gawn (I traded him out earlier this season, so take that as a warning those thinking of dumping Grundy in the near future. Not sure how many points Gawn's out has cost me but it is not insignificant).

Trades made: Whitfield to Lloyd, Mumford to Ziebell

Trades planned: Probably Wilkie to Gardner, and CWagner to a DPP like a RGray.

Comments: Only 18 playing and I hit a great bye score. Luckily nailed the vc this time around thinking Cripps would bounce back after a shocker against a team that does not travel that well and didn't really have anyone to match up on him. Makes a huge difference in a bye week where big scores are amplified. Ziebell's selection basically HAD to be justified this week vs GC because of his oncoming tough schedule so pleasing to see him do that.

I'm not that far off on a complete team, I'm looking at bringing in Gawn, probably a lower priced mid like a Hewett/Hopper type, and an upgrade in defense. I'm avoiding Freo's Ryan for now while I let Duursma acrue more $ and will probably focus on someone else in a few rounds time. I really have to look further into RGray's role and some of his numbers before I really commit to him. Both Port and the Dogs are really hard midfields to pick: Port have players returning and guys like Houston who are demanding more mid time. Which is to say there could be a very good reason why RGray's price is where its at right now.

Score: 1844/17
Weekly Rank: 56,121
Overall Rank: 3,091 (from 1,760)
Heroes: Lloyd, Hore, Cripps, Gawn, T.Kelly, Dangerfield, Cunnington (VC) & M.Crouch (Mini Hero, Goldy beating Grundy's score).
Villains: B.Smith, Clark, Answerth, Baker & Robinson
Trades Made: None
Trades Planned:
Clark > Fyfe/Westhoff/Walters
Hore? - Thinking of keeping at this stage, but could be worth going early on if I can 'finish' my side.

Comments: Happy with my score considering I deliberately went in with 17 for the week. Saved myself a few trades, still got a decent score (so not a massive drop) and look set for getting close to a final side this week and next.

Disappointed with Robinson, Baker and B.Smith's scores, but can't be too down about it. Be nice if my whole side clicks this week and can gain some lost ground back.

7/11

AFL Club
Sydney
Score: 2055
Weekly rank: 6287
Overall rank: 787 (1367 after round 11)
Heroes: Gawn, Cripps, Cunnington (C), Dangerfield, T.Kelly, Lloyd
Villains: Grundy, Neale (88 after half time as vc and went rubbish afterwards), Laird, Clark (even though he didn’t count to end total), Answerth and B.Smith
Trades made: Whitfield > Laird and Bolton > Gardner
Trades planned: trading in Sicily and one mid ranger for Answerth and Clark. Have to wait for teams before I make a final decision.
Comments: Pretty happy to be back in the top 1000 after a couple of weeks on the slide. Set myself up for a solid week previously and for rd14, so am hoping the carnage isn’t too bad in the coming round. Without the likes of Dangerfield, Lloyd, Grundy and Gawn propping my total scores up, it could well be a sub 1700 week.

stephen

400 Games Club
AFL Club
St Kilda
Score: 2092
Weekly rank: 2973
Overall rank: 388
Heroes: Lloyd, Hore, Cripps, Gawn, Dangerfield (c)
Villains: Brodie Smith
Trades made: Whitfield, Hayes & Greene for Naish, Oliver and Gardner
Trades planned: Have some cash to splash so will be three upgrades. Wavering on the outs. Ins will probably be Blakely, Macrae and Boak.
Comments: Good start to the byes. I have always had the dream of making it through a whole season with no scores under 2000, including during byes. A longshot I know but nice to get through first byes with it still in tact. Good luck all!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 1,918
Weekly Rank: 35,094
Overall Rank: 1,031 (from 764)
Heroes: Dangerfield (C), Cripps, Gawn, Lloyd, T. Kelly, Hore, Burgess
Villains: Coniglio, Laird, Grundy, Answerth, Clark,
Trades Made: Whitfield ---> Laird, Setterfield ---> Gaff, Hayes ---> Clarke
Trades Planned: Deciding between 2 Up & 1 Down [Trade Hore], or 1 Up & 2 Down [Keep Hore]
Comments: A bit of a so so week, slight ranking drop is a bit annoying but was expected after some horrifically low scores. Coniglio back to what he dished up the prior 10 weeks, and new recruit Laird a little underwhelming. Stoked with the recovery of new recruit Andrew Gaff after a slow start, scored more than what I was expecting as his recent record against the Swans is was pretty poor. Should be a nice POD MID for me in the back half of the year now. Went early on Clarke, banking on him holding his spot. Also need Burgess to get up and Young somehow hold his spot to be able to field 18 for Round 13. The key decision this week will be surrounding whether to hold Hore and do two downgrades this week, or trade Hore and get two upgrades instead of one in.

quite ironic

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trades planned: Have some cash to splash so will be three upgrades. Wavering on the outs. Ins will probably be Blakely, Macrae and Boak.
Comments: Good start to the byes. I have always had the dream of making it through a whole season with no scores under 2000, including during byes. A longshot I know but nice to get through first byes with it still in tact. Good luck all!
Would love to do the same. I’m actually only 21,000 overall this year and somehow still scored 2,000+ every week but only 3 scores over 2,200.

A low of 2,002 in round 8 is a worry along with the very likely chance I drop below 2,000 this week or next.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Going v nicely.

All is Wells

50 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,017
Weekly Rank: 11,842
Overall Rank: 1,843 (from 2,535)
Heroes: Lloyd, Hore, Cripps, Oliver, Gawn, T.Kelly, Dangerfield (C), Heeney, Walsh, Burgess, Setterfield
Villains: B.Smith, Answerth, L.Baker, Laird
Trades Made: Whitfield & Balta - Sicily & D.Clarke
Trades Planned: L.Baker & Hore - Boak & Bont

Comments: Very happy with how the first bye week went, came through relatively unscathed and can hopefully do the trades i intended for this week. Just the 19 last week so only Answerth's score dropped off. Luckily didn't have any of Corbett, Clark or Balta. Expected Balta to not be in my best scorers for last week. Gamble paid off after he dropped 20k. Just need Clarke to keep his spot now to make the trade worthwhile going early on. Spewing Hately wasn't a late in. Would have been a great pod rookie and likely gotten B.Smith's score off the ground for me.

This round will be tough to navigate with a lot of popular premiums to miss. Boak seems a fairly straightforward trade in target as the highest averaging fwd, at his lowest price he will be for some while and already had his bye. Can't see him continuing with a 110 avg but if he avgs 95-100 i'll consider that a win. Baker has a B.E of 85ish so perfect time to offload before his bye.

Would much prefer to trade B.Smith than Hore this week based off current form. But need every playing player this week to salvage 18 scorers and unfortunately Hore has to make way to avoid a 0. Bont's coming off his lowest score of the year and has a B.E of 130ish. However, he has a good record vs Carlton and 6 of his next 7 games are at Marvel where he hasn't gone below 100 for his 5 games their this season. Will be my 4th WB player on field (Macrae, Dunk and Daniel the others). The few games after Carlton worry me but after that their fixture opens up. Bont will be quite a unique pick so hope he can go 108+.

3rd trade still considering. Rare chance i'll have 18 without using it. Will be dependent on 5 of Burgess, Setterfield, Clarke, O'Brien, Hately, Young and Scott playing. Can see 3-4 of those guys getting a gig so will look to offload O.Baker earlier than hoped, for either Bewley/Naish/Gardner depending on team selections. Could get rid of Answerth but doesn't help me avoid a 0 with 6 other defenders playing this week. For 35k less i avoid a 0 and re-gain def/mid dpp so seems worthwhile.

Next week will look to chop O'Brien to some 102k rookie and go B.Smith - Stewart and Walsh - Merrett. Should give me 20 playing with 16 being keepers. Also leaves me with just the 9 trades left and Duursma to upgrade to Hurn and M8 to upgrade to hopefully J.Kelly but if i need to compromise it'll likely be M.Crouch for <500k. Aiming to have 4 trades left for injuries.

Good week by SCSBOTB. Moved from 4th to 2nd. League in front seems to be pulling away a bit but still a long way to go.

Kumamoto Ken

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 1,872
Weekly Rank: 48,155
Overall Rank: 16,302 (from 14,436)
Heroes: Lloyd, Williams, Cripps, Walsh, Gibbons, Gawn, Telly
Villains: Laird, Grundy, Answerth, Clark,
Trades Made: Whitfield -> Laird, Scott -> Gardner
Trades Planned: Answerth, Clark, L.Baker to Bewley, R.Gray and Sicily or Ryan
Comments: First round going backwards for a while. Had some of the big scores and had some shockers too. Running the bare 18 meant nothing dropped out (Clark, Answerth I'm looking at you plonkers). Didn't get much from my VC (Neale) and C (Jelly) selections either but have had a pretty good run with those recently so won't complain. Got rid of Bailey Scott which felt nice, if he gets named this week I'll be heading straight over to the Rage thread.

Hope to have 19 or 20 playing this week (20 assumes Bewley, Gardner and Young all get a run...Young probably most at risk) so hope to start inching my way upwards again.