Strategy Round 13: Trades

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Out: Hore, Answerth, Baker
In: Sicily, Gardner, Daniel

Gives me 15 + Burgess/Gardner/Bewley/Young so 19 at best.

Edit: Thought Gardner was on the bubble, anyone else besides Bewley?

AFL Club
Sydney
Out: Clark, Answerth, Drew (if not named)
In: Sicily, Ryan and D.Clarke

This is largely dependent on the size of Answerth's price rise this week, as Clark was pretty disappointing tonight. I should be able to just scrape enough cash together to do these trades though (give or take 10K).

Last edited:

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Out: T Atkins, M Hore, N Answerth/W Setterfield
In: B Bewley/D Clarke, L Ryan, R Gray

Def near completion: J Lloyd, R Laird, Z Williams, L Ryan, H Andrews, B Smith, (X Duursma, R Gardner)
With the opportunity of trading B Smith to S Hurn/L Whitfield or X Duursma to S Hurn/L Whitfield

19 if Burgess and Young both maintain their spot and Setters is traded and potentially 20 if Answerth traded.

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Out: Walsh, Hore & Larkey.
In: Fyfe, Boak & Bewley.

Should have 20 playing.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Heeney > Boak
Clark > Naish

Should give me 18/19 with a 3rd trade to consider (Oliver to Bont/Merrett).

AFL Club
West Coast
Out: Answerth, Hore, Clark
In: ?, ?, ?

I need:

All of Young, Gardner, 1 or 2 rookies, at least 2 of Bewley, Clarke, Scott or Hately to play next week just to get 18 on field. I'm going to try to gamble on Young playing next week and trade Scott and Rowbottom to Bewley and Hately or Clarke hoping they get a game in R13 so I can trade Answerth, Hore and Clark out next week.
People here pulling off 20+ playing and I'm struggling to field 18.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Out: Answerth, Hore, Clark
In: ?, ?, ?

I need:

All of Young, Gardner, 1 or 2 rookies, at least 2 of Bewley, Clarke, Scott or Hately to play next week just to get 18 on field. I'm going to try to gamble on Young playing next week and trade Scott and Rowbottom to Bewley and Hately or Clarke hoping they get a game in R13 so I can trade Answerth, Hore and Clark out next week.
People here pulling off 20+ playing and I'm struggling to field 18.
I'll only be fielding 17 and that's including trading 3 in, unless Scott and/or Young get a game.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Atkins/Moore/answerth > bewley/sicily/boak

Money may be a bit tight...need answerth and Moore to put in good showings, otherwise may have to consider gray instead of boak

AFL Club
Hawthorn
It will all depend if ROB is named, the only reason I still have him is for R13 cover - he has spent the entirity of his time in my team on the bench if he gets dropped.

If ROB plays, I'll trade out Clark, Balta and Answerth, if not, I'll probably have to hang onto Balta - fwds are my stronger line of the three. Naish (or Amish according to auto correct) and Bontempelli in, 3rd TBC.

Expecting an injury this week to change everything yet again...

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Time to splash some cash... will have around $450k to spend so will look to go
Clark to Sicily

then weigh up a few others like:
Two of Walsh/Answerth/Baker to Bewley/Clarke and a mid premo (Macrae/Bont/Zerrett)

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Out: T Atkins, M Hore, N Answerth/W Setterfield
In: B Bewley/D Clarke, L Ryan, R Gray

Def near completion: J Lloyd, R Laird, Z Williams, L Ryan, H Andrews, B Smith, (X Duursma, R Gardner)
With the opportunity of trading B Smith to S Hurn/L Whitfield or X Duursma to S Hurn/L Whitfield

19 if Burgess and Young both maintain their spot and Setters is traded and potentially 20 if Answerth traded.
Answerth’s poor performance makes the decision regarding him or Setterfield to trade out easier.
Out: N Answerth, T Atkins, M Hore
In: R Gray (via W Setterfield), B Bewley/D Clarke, L Ryan

But L Baker’s and N Answerth’s poor performance in conjunction with L Stocker’s unforeseen injury will make the L Baker to J Dunkley trade in RD14 harder as I will likely have to trade Duursma (D7) to afford Dunkley unless I settle for D Mundy in RD15.

DoggyODFL

300 Games Club
AFL Club
Geelong
I’m looking at
Out: Heeney, Hore, Hayes (assuming Hayes not named)
In: Boak, Blakely, Bewley

Looking at only 17...