Strategy Round 13: Trades

AFL Club
North Melb.
Yes, yes, the footy is still going but I've got to start planning now.

I'm looking at 11 players (!) fronting up for R14 at the moment: what a trainwreck.

Good news (sort of) is I've got 8 trades to use in 2 weeks to fix it :ROFLMAO:.

Bad news is that if I bring in CCJ that uses a trade but doesn't improve R14 at all... so 7 trades for 7 players. Can I avoid disaster?

What is everyone else doing?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Plan was :-

Mumford - > Reeves (if named)
McNeil - > Whitfield

Might need to go early on Rowe - > Duncan depending on Rowe's new BE

Would actually like extra $$$ instead of 2 extra trades

AFL Club
St Kilda
Sharp to Whitfield via Bianco
RCD to Kelly
Flynn to Reeves, need to make some $$$
above was prior to WC v Rich game change but now some more chin scratching to be done!
Berry and Byrnes to consider what to do with?
May hold Robertson moving him to Mids and take CCJ only cause why have 4 rucks when you can have 5!
Gawndy, Reeves/Flynn, Treacy and CCJ in the Fwd line seems like a good coverage?

AFL Club
Adelaide
McNeil to Reeves and RCD to Whitfield. Think everyone will be going Reeves and Whit in if possible.

Still have Warner who I assume killed his B/E so if a rookie pops up then I'll trade him too. Might also sideways Brayshaw if his kills his breakeven vs the Dogs.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Going to be annoying trying to rejig trades for R13 and R14 to try to deal with the fixture update, with most of my cash cows still having a bit more cash to make and my upgrade targets still having a bit more cash to bleed in R14/15.

It would be very handy if Max Holmes or even Keiren Briggs ends up on the bubble and are selected in R14 just as a warm body to come in and help avoid a donut, but obviously can't count on that at all.

Next best option would be a MSD rookie getting an early game with a team in need and I'd probably go early on one in R14 if selected for their second game.

Bottom of the barrel option would be to just wear a donut for R14 (hopefully just the one) to give the cash cows and premo targets another round or two to move closer to each other and it makes me wonder how many other coaches might also be in that position?

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
Highmore-> Whitfield
RCD -> Bianco
Jones -> CCJ

Will have the funds to do my final fwd upgrade but not sure about the fwd targets with the Rd 12 bye. Obvious one is Danger (if named) but at 600k and a 200 B/E would want a drive drop

Outside of that don’t have confidence in Hawkins, Hall, Greene & Wingard. Wingard has value and could be a nice POD/ serial burn man to partner Heeney

AFL Club
West Coast
Yes, yes, the footy is still going but I've got to start planning now.

I'm looking at 11 players (!) fronting up for R14 at the moment: what a trainwreck.

Good news (sort of) is I've got 8 trades to use in 2 weeks to fix it :ROFLMAO:.

Bad news is that if I bring in CCJ that uses a trade but doesn't improve R14 at all... so 7 trades for 7 players. Can I avoid disaster?

What is everyone else doing?
13 playing with 1 R14 trade done (Bont in),. Zorko out who I just traded in is included in that.

For those going overall, the smart and common move is going to be doing the sideways upgrade of players like Ridley and Short to Whitfield.

Bianco, CCJ and Reeves are must haves.

This week Rowe/RCD to Reeves/Bianco.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kosi to Whitfield. Maybe Flynn to Reeves? Sadly neither help my rd 14 bye numbers but that can be a problem to deal with by using 4 trades next week right? :sneaky:

Last edited: