Strategy Round 13: Trades

AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guys, I know this trade-loophole stuff was talked about at the start of the year but I want to confirm something.

If I traded player A to player B and I have 1 trade left, will trading player B to player A give me 2 trades?

This is the part I'm fuzzy on, seems like it won't cost a trade but don't see it mentioned that you get the trade back.

I'm looking at using DPP on a trade that I've already made FYI.
@Herbie66

AFL Club
Fremantle
Hello there 😀

I think we might be playing each other H2H in RDT this round

Only 8 posts on the previous page about the trade loophole 😀
You are flying in RDT from memory!! Should have me covered after Duncan flopped last night

Maybe the mods could pin a post at the top of every page which covers off the ins and outs of the trade loophole?

AFL Club
Collingwood
You are flying in RDT from memory!! Should have me covered after Duncan flopped last night

Maybe the mods could pin a post at the top of every page which covers off the ins and outs of the trade loophole?
Had a good round 2 rounds ago.

Just outside the Top 1000 , was 2000th + 5 weeks ago so nothing special at all

Only 8 trades left , must have lost some along the way as I still have 2 upgrades to go and could sideways 6 players

Duncan was on my watch list

AFL Club
Richmond
Still really undecided who to trade Warner to. Do i trade him down to Reeves (via CCJ) or do i trade up to A.Hall?
Have 770k in the bank pre-trades. Probably going RCD to Whitfield (via Bianco) & maybe Jordon to J.Kelly with the other trades.
Any help appreciated, cheers.

AFL Club
Carlton
Still really undecided who to trade Warner to. Do i trade him down to Reeves (via CCJ) or do i trade up to A.Hall?
Have 770k in the bank pre-trades. Probably going RCD to Whitfield (via Bianco) & maybe Jordon to J.Kelly with the other trades.
Any help appreciated, cheers.
Is Reeves going to help cover zeros in the ruck line in round 14? Most of the popular rucks are not playing that round. Going up to a premium is definitely the preferred option but look at how your round 14 side is shaping up numbers wise. Can you get both Hall and Reeves in?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hey guys, I know this trade-loophole stuff was talked about at the start of the year but I want to confirm something.

If I traded player A to player B and I have 1 trade left, will trading player B to player A give me 2 trades?

This is the part I'm fuzzy on, seems like it won't cost a trade but don't see it mentioned that you get the trade back.

I'm looking at using DPP on a trade that I've already made FYI.
You get the trade back.

AFL Club
Richmond
Is Reeves going to help cover zeros in the ruck line in round 14? Most of the popular rucks are not playing that round. Going up to a premium is definitely the preferred option but look at how your round 14 side is shaping up numbers wise. Can you get both Hall and Reeves in?
Thanks Angry for the quick reply. I held Grundy and have Gawn also so both will be missing next round. Trying to get Reeves and Hall in would mean trading someone like Murphy (Coll) out and not making much cash and breaking the Fwd/Def link, have Madden & Briggs as the link.

Is Reeves a must have? I have attached my team below: Thank you very much for any advice.
sc-r13-pretrades.PNG

AFL Club
Essendon
Also wondering about Reeves.
I have Flynn sitting there with a nice wad of $ to release, but I wonder if he's worth holding for next week when I've got no rucks.
At the same time I've got CCJ & Treacy locked in my fwds.

Is there any merit in holding Flynn?... perhaps downgrading to Worrell on the bubble.

Or should I just bring in Reeves for Flynn and free up the cash? Which would mean, in the next hour?

AFL Club
Richmond
Also wondering about Reeves.
I have Flynn sitting there with a nice wad of $ to release, but I wonder if he's worth holding for next week when I've got no rucks.
At the same time I've got CCJ & Treacy locked in my fwds.

Is there any merit in holding Flynn?... perhaps downgrading to Worrell on the bubble.

Or should I just bring in Reeves for Flynn and free up the cash? Which would mean, in the next hour?
I would bring in Reeves for Flynn if i was in your position. I traded Flynn to CCJ last week, if i didn't, i would be bringing in Reeves for him.

AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks Angry for the quick reply. I held Grundy and have Gawn also so both will be missing next round. Trying to get Reeves and Hall in would mean trading someone like Murphy (Coll) out and not making much cash and breaking the Fwd/Def link, have Madden & Briggs as the link.

Is Reeves a must have? I have attached my team below: Thank you very much for any advice.
View attachment 31050
Looks like you'll be struggling for number next week. Have you considered slingshotting Zorko for Hall if you really want Hall and are looking for more playing numbers next week? I don't think Reeves is 100% must have but he will provide coverage for Grundy this round and for Gawn next round and could be a playing emg at R3 for the rest of the season. I wouldn't force a trade if I didn't have to but if you really want some extra players who are going to get you points especially next week, trading out a dead rookie like Brockman might not be the worst move. Your trade situation isn't too bad with 12, it's not an optimum use of trades but will get you extra on field points.

AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like you'll be struggling for number next week. Have you considered slingshotting Zorko for Hall if you really want Hall and are looking for more playing numbers next week? I don't think Reeves is 100% must have but he will provide coverage for Grundy this round and for Gawn next round and could be a playing emg at R3 for the rest of the season. I wouldn't force a trade if I didn't have to but you mentioned you had something like $770k in the bank so perhaps going a non playing rookie like Sharp or Briggs could be another option, it wont get you cash but will get you an additional on field player.
Cheers Angry, very much appreciated, thank you. Good luck for the remainder of the season, from what i remember you're right up there. I'm just under 3k overall so not really any chance.

AFL Club
Carlton
Cheers Angry, very much appreciated, thank you. Good luck for the remainder of the season, from what i remember you're right up there. I'm just under 3k overall so not really any chance.
I edited my response after you replied lol, but the gist is still the same. I guess ultimately it depends on whether you want to use a trade to remove a dead rookie for an extra player or if you're content with the round 14 situation and losing whatever Reeves scores that round. If you're going for an overall score and not focused on leagues, you probably want as many warm bodies on field as you can. Sideways trading rookies at this stage isn't optimum use of trades but they've given is two extra ones and your cash in the bank is healthy.

Cheers for the support, good luck to you too.

EDIT: Reeves is a late out, I guess it's a easy decision now

AFL Club
Richmond
I edited my response after you replied lol, but the gist is still the same. I guess ultimately it depends on whether you want to use a trade to remove a dead rookie for an extra player or if you're content with the round 14 situation and losing whatever Reeves scores that round. If you're going for an overall score and not focused on leagues, you probably want as many warm bodies on field as you can. Sideways trading rookies at this stage isn't optimum use of trades but they've given is two extra ones and your cash in the bank is healthy.

Cheers for the support, good luck to you too.

EDIT: Reeves is a late out, I guess it's a easy decision now
Thanks bro, much appreciated. Yes with Reeves a late out, decision is easy now.

AFL Club
Sydney
Can't for the life of me rationalise people trading out Zorko, Oliver, Grundy etc.

These guys are locks to be in the top few in their position. Let's say you are 3 upgrades from having a full, ultra premo team... You want to trade out one of your best players, so you're suddenly now left with 4 upgrades to make to finish your team, with less trades? Seems crazy to me, just to make an extra body for next week when everyone is struggling anyway.
The math on Zorko would actually support a trade imo.

Say you grab Hall and he scores 105 for the rest of the season, so 210 points over the next two weeks (can factor in rookies if you actually have them to cover).

That's 21 points that Zorko has to outscore him by per week for the rest of the season, so would have to hold a 126 point average based on the Hall assumption.

Throw in that 100k used to fair value and you've got another 19ppg upgrade elsewhere, so effectively Zorko is now going to have to put up 145 per game from here on out to match Hall and the upgraded premium and make up the lost points.

Obviously a lot of assumptions here, Hall to 95 moves the numbers significantly. Hall gets injured/dropped. Zorko gets injured/suspended, the player you spend the 100k on is actually worse than the cheaper option (it happens a lot more than you'd think, ask those who paid top dollar on Ridley/Martin this year for example), but held for basic assumptions it's actually a pretty easy choice to make, especially given most have no rookies to trade from this round and it allows to upgrade on the hardest bye for most.

AFL Club
Sydney
Genuinely asking for a friend...

Anyone tried the trade glitch over the bye rounds with the extra trades at all yet and can confirm if it works, especially on the first trade made or does it require all 4 trades completed before the check is performed?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Genuinely asking for a friend...

Anyone tried the trade glitch over the bye rounds with the extra trades at all yet and can confirm if it works, especially on the first trade made or does it require all 4 trades completed before the check is performed?
See the In Game Discussion thread, lots of people trying it and it's working (as expected), so long as they still had a trade in hand.