Strategy Round 13: Trades

AFL Club
Essendon
How many trades is everyone hoping to have left after completing all upgrades? Is only 1 trade left for injury/suspension cutting it too fine...? :unsure:
Currently have 12 trades after this round and have 3 playing rookies so I am hoping to have 6 left. But who knows what will go wrong?

AFL Club
St Kilda
How many trades is everyone hoping to have left after completing all upgrades? Is only 1 trade left for injury/suspension cutting it too fine...? :unsure:
I think I'll have 3.

Personally I think 4 is the right amount to have.

Hard to get value from the trades if you have 5 or more left, unless there's major carnage and/or your cover sucks.

1 is .... bleak.

EDIT: I would say having 1 left is dire enough that I would consider adjusting my plans to target slightly less desirable (but cheaper) options, and/or wait a bit longer for prices to align to my advantage, if it could save me a trade. I think some people overvalue trades a bit but those last couple really can be worth many hundreds of points if you get stuck with a dead premo and bad cover for multiple weeks.

AFL Club
West Coast
been so out of the loop with all things AFL and SC this week, dam life getting in the way. so much so that i only just realised the port/cats game is on tonight.

anyway, today is my designated work at home day supercoach day, and am getting trade analysis paralysis. think i have hit reverse changes 20 times now in the last hour. like many others, the change in eagles/tigers game has thrown out my bye planning. originally had 20/16 pre trades for these 2 rounds, now its 23/13. debating if multiple sideways'ing prems is worth it, as its pretty much a guaranteed 100 additional points per premium sideways over a donought, vs holding trades for later in the year. currently ranking 8,500 odd, and only really care about overall ranking so wont really have a better chance to make up ground (dont worry i no there is 0% chance of winning).

just read through the last 10 pages on this thread and that seems the common conundrum, short term thinking vs long term potential gain. lets hope we all choose the right path :unsure:

anyway with 4 trades, 700k ITB and 3 premiums to go, time to hit that reverse button a few more times!
Out: long term sensible planning
In: flying by the seat of my pants.

just locked in RCD, thilthorpe, Short, Murray to touk, Whitfield, newcombe, hall. Let's see how this pans out...

AFL Club
Brisbane
Does anyone think there's even a slight chance of Highmore beating his 58 BE by enough to make a bit of money this week? It seems like he'll be back in that 3rd tall role, but otherwise it's hard to see him suddenly getting back to the form he showed in the first couple of rounds. I'll probably just downgrade him to Newcombe for a meagre profit in preparation for next week and to avoid any further loss of value.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Does anyone think there's even a slight chance of Highmore beating his 58 BE by enough to make a bit of money this week? It seems like he'll be back in that 3rd tall role, but otherwise it's hard to see him suddenly getting back to the form he showed in the first couple of rounds. I'll probably just downgrade him to Newcombe for a meagre profit in preparation for next week and to avoid any further loss of value.
Definitely a chance - depending on which Highmore turns up?

Round 1 and 2 Highmore that made us so happy but not his coaches.... or the one the we've been seeing recently.

I for one think it'll be the most recent version, which is why i dumped him last week - but i hope for those that kept him that they have a bit more joy.

AFL Club
Adelaide
OK i have no idea how i did it but i traded Andrew Brayshaw for Newcombe then instead of RCD....what an idiot LOL...i guess i will make the best of a bad situation and bring in Miller. At leas it was Brayshaw and not Steele or Oliver! One extra playing in R14 now i guess🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last time i trade on my phone!

Have already locked in
RCD and berry > reeves and newsperm

then before tonights game I’ll lock in Oliver and Brockman > jelly and Whitfield. Leaves 130k in the bank for next weeks

Byrnes/highmore/jordon and maybe poulter to make way for hopefully 4 more round 14 numbers and upgrades

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
OK i have no idea how i did it but i traded Andrew Brayshaw for Newcombe then instead of RCD....what an idiot LOL...i guess i will make the best of a bad situation and bring in Miller. At leas it was Brayshaw and not Steele or Oliver! One extra playing in R14 now i guess🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You can trade Newcombe back to Brayshaw if you still have at least one trade left for this round and it won’t cost you the extra trade.

Then trade RCD for Newcombe.

AFL Club
Carlton

Neither Freo or Richmond have played - unless you've used all your trades you should be able to trade RCD to Brayshaw without using a trade.

AFL Club
Essendon
Have already locked in
RCD and berry > reeves and newsperm

then before tonights game I’ll lock in Oliver and Brockman > jelly and Whitfield. Leaves 130k in the bank for next weeks

Byrnes/highmore/jordon and maybe poulter to make way for hopefully 4 more round 14 numbers and upgrades
Couldn’t resist quoting this for the autocorrect… 😀

AFL Club
Collingwood
less about the phone and more about my clumsy thumbs haha

thanks all for the tip all..when it happened and RCD was in my team still i was panicking looking for who wasn't there.... i was like OMFG you idiot!
cant really comment as I traded out Bont last season by mistake instead of Jelly

even where it had to click confirm trades, it still didn't register I was trading out the wrong player

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, I know this trade-loophole stuff was talked about at the start of the year but I want to confirm something.

If I traded player A to player B and I have 1 trade left, will trading player B to player A give me 2 trades?

This is the part I'm fuzzy on, seems like it won't cost a trade but don't see it mentioned that you get the trade back.

I'm looking at using DPP on a trade that I've already made FYI.

AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys, I know this trade-loophole stuff was talked about at the start of the year but I want to confirm something.

If I traded player A to player B and I have 1 trade left, will trading player B to player A give me 2 trades?

This is the part I'm fuzzy on, seems like it won't cost a trade but don't see it mentioned that you get the trade back.

I'm looking at using DPP on a trade that I've already made FYI.
yes