Discussion Round 16: Teams & In Game Discussion

If you could fix any positions within your completed team, how many would need correcting...?

• None - I currently possess the 'perfect' template

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 3 3.9%

Votes: 18 23.4%

Votes: 20 26.0%

Votes: 12 15.6%

Votes: 4 5.2%

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Too many for my liking

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
Isn't this your problem? The more rookies you take, not only the more good ones you might get, but also the more duds as well. And you can only trade so many out, and they're giving you 0 points when not making cash.

I know that I have no idea, but I still don't mind a well chosen mid pricer. If they go wrong at least they will score ok-ish, generally, and if they go right you can use 1 trade to get them to a premo.

But like everything you have to get the right one. And then you need luck. Which we all know is in short supply in SC.
That could well be the case as well , you are right , didn't think of that.

I guess all of the rookies are unknown until they actually play the real stuff.

Mathematically says you still need 1-2 midpricers to start allowing $ 2 million for 16 rookies , gives you $ 8 million for the other 14 players = $ 571 k which is not getting a Gawn , Grundy or the higher priced midfielders.

Arguably the best mid pricer to have this season was Marshall , who didn't even play Round 1 and was barely discussed on here.

Williams (without Whitfield) is a ✓
I guess arguments could be said on both sides whether the likes of Brodie Smith , B Crouch , Rockliff , Sheed , Worpel , Libba are/were successful starting picks or not , I guess with enough trades they could be used as "stepping stones"

Of the Brayshaw/Sloane/Steele + 1 other , Sloane was a fantastic pick.

Those that jumped on Boak & Stewart would have got off to a flyer.

I still have a lot to.learn myself , but this season I feel I have just gone backwards and around and round in circles , very frustrating.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Now I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about but I will say that IMO there are very few silver bullets in SC. Whilst there is some merit in looking at low ownership and POD's but you can be competitive with a pretty vanilla team as long as you trade smart and get a bit of luck.

I'd be surprised if the top 100 teams varied greatly in their final teams, it's just a matter of when each of the respective coaches traded in each of the players throughout the year.

IMO silver bullets will just shoot you in the ass.
Your record in this game is clearly there for all to see, so certainly will take on board what you say.

I guess I think I have found this magic POD to start and then when it has gone pear shaped wonder why 100,000+ coaches never mentioned that player hahaha , might need to go back to the KISS method and go a vanilla side , then try and learn the trading game as to when to jump onto a player.

Only 7 more rounds to go before we all start the research again and hope to win the $ 50k

Cheers

Last edited: