Discussion Round 17: Trades

AFL Club
Essendon
Would love some feedback..

4 trades left, 340k in bank (pre trades)

Option 1)
Jelly > Bont
Moore/Chol > Boak.. finishing off my MID and FWDs.. leaving 1 DEF upgrade and copping a Logue donut...

Option 2)
Jelly > Bont
Logue > Whitfield

Finishing my DEF and MID, but copping a potential Chol Donut with no cover on bench for DEF or FWD..

I’m resigned to the fact I’ll have to cop a donut this week.. thanks Ross.. ?

It effectively comes down to Whitfield/Boak.

Will Boak outscore Whitfield or ViceVersa. Whitfield has high B/E and will prob get reduced TOG... Boak still under injury cloud..

Thanks guys.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need assistance! had a shocking last week knew it was coming but this week i feel like i'm in real trouble
what do i do... I've got 4 trades left with $8,400 in the bank

DEF: Williams, Lloyd, Hurn, Laird, Smith, Hore, (Naish, Garner)
MID: Macrae, Jelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, Sloane, Zerrett (Clarke, Baker, Bewley)
RUC: Grundy, Gawn, (Bines)
FWD: Danger, Marshall, Boak, Telly, Heeney, Worpel, (Burgess, Young)

Jelly 3 weeks out is like boarder line keep but his history with injuries is worrisome I don't have much money in the bank to find anyone viable with 1 trade from Hore so came up with these scenarios

option 1
Jelly > Gaff / JPK
Hore > Sicily

option 2
Baker > K Dunkly? or Taylor from north m/f
Hore > Sicily

option 3
any suggestions welcome..??
I like the Gaff option. Maybe Crouch as another option.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Seems like I’m trading to avoid donuts every week.....

Frustrating that I am about $10k short of JKelly / ZClarke to Bont / Whitfield (thanks for being so terrible ZClarke, terrible trade....)

Alternative is Logue to Whitfield or JKelly to someone cheaper than Bont and grab Whitfield for ZClarke.

Leaning towards settling for Hurn
Hurn is going great, pull the lever unless playing the first game puts you off.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Have 4 trades and a completed team bar ROB to Grundy and Hore to a premium.

Have 190k in the bank.

Should I do Hore -> Hurn and sit on 13k then can do Baker to a rookie and ROB to Grundy next week leaving me 1 trade

Or I can do ROB to Grundy this week and cop a donut with Hore and Logue D6. I’ll still win my league H2H.

Should I trade Hore to Hurn and Baker to Dunkley + ROB to Grundy next week

Or

ROB to Grundy and Baker + Hore to Dunkley + Whitfield next week

View attachment 10143 View attachment 10144

Option 2 gets Whitfield over Hurn but means I get a donut this week but also means Grundy in a week earlier who probably o***ets Hurn by 30+ this week.

Or option 3:
ROB to Grundy
Hore to Moore/Tuohy/Smith?

Bank 2 trades for injuries and hope Logue comes back for cover but much worse D6 than Hurn or Whitfield....

Which one guys??
I would take the option which leaves you with two trades left. With one trade left and possibly no def or fwd cover, all it takes is two LTIs in the next few weeks and you could be staring at 4-5 consecutive donuts.

So option 3 for me and good luck taking a punt on a diamond in the rough. If you can afford Allir, he would be my pick as a ruck. Otherwise, maybe Guthrie for an interesting pod.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Operation Keep Jelly

Out: Logue & Burgess
In: K Dunkley/mid rookie & Stewart/Hurn/Whitfield

Doing this allows me to push Duursma back to D7 for cover. Will get to keep Jelly while looping Clarke & K Dunkley at M8 to Jelly comes back.

Will leave me with 1 trade left and cash remaining depends on who I get out of Stewart/Hurn/Whitfield.

EDIT: I'm going to get Whitfield, even if he's a late out I'll have Duursma as cover.
I don’t really see the value in that Burgess to Dunkley trade to make the cash to get Logue up to Whitfield/Hurn. Especially given it’s essentially your second last trade.

I would settle for someone $450k and under, there’s some reasonable options there.

Agree with holding Jelly in your position as well

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Need assistance! had a shocking last week knew it was coming but this week i feel like i'm in real trouble
what do i do... I've got 4 trades left with $8,400 in the bank

DEF: Williams, Lloyd, Hurn, Laird, Smith, Hore, (Naish, Garner)
MID: Macrae, Jelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, Sloane, Zerrett (Clarke, Baker, Bewley)
RUC: Grundy, Gawn, (Bines)
FWD: Danger, Marshall, Boak, Telly, Heeney, Worpel, (Burgess, Young)

Jelly 3 weeks out is like boarder line keep but his history with injuries is worrisome I don't have much money in the bank to find anyone viable with 1 trade from Hore so came up with these scenarios

option 1
Jelly > Gaff / JPK
Hore > Sicily

option 2
Baker > K Dunkly? or Taylor from north m/f
Hore > Sicily

option 3
any suggestions welcome..??
I like the double trade option for you to get Hore up to Sicily.

Probably take Gaff or you could consider Mouch as well

AFL Club
Collingwood
For arguments sake, say I want to use my last trade and have $405k to get a defender in for Hore. Am I crazy for considering Aliir? Looks like he will be solo ruck for the next 2-3 weeks and went pretty well last week.

AFL Club
Essendon
7 trades and 22k remaining.

Screenshot_20190712-010401_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190712-010415_Chrome.jpg

I can't seem to find trades that make me happy this week. Everything feels a bit dodgy and risky.

A couple of options:

Option 1

Clarke 》 K. Dunkley
Hore 》 Hurn

Option 2

J. Kelly 》 JPK
Hore 》 L. Weller

Which one would you take? Or something else completely different? I am open to suggestions.

AFL Club
Essendon
2 more questions.

Is Hurn in that elite must-have category alongside Lloyd and pre-injury Whitfield?

Will Birchall be worth the extra 50 - 80k over Eggmolesse-Smith/Quaynor as season long cover at D7?

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t really see the value in that Burgess to Dunkley trade to make the cash to get Logue up to Whitfield/Hurn. Especially given it’s essentially your second last trade.

I would settle for someone $450k and under, there’s some reasonable options there.

Agree with holding Jelly in your position as well
I agree there is no value, I just move Duursma to D7 to provide extra cover. I can do Logue to Stewart in one trade though.

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
I like the Gaff option. Maybe Crouch as another option.
I like the double trade option for you to get Hore up to Sicily.

Probably take Gaff or you could consider Mouch as well
Appreciate your replies, I didn’t consider Mouch cause I’m part of those who traded him out when he was injured.. so his kinda in my never again list LOL

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would take the option which leaves you with two trades left. With one trade left and possibly no def or fwd cover, all it takes is two LTIs in the next few weeks and you could be staring at 4-5 consecutive donuts.

So option 3 for me and good luck taking a punt on a diamond in the rough. If you can afford Allir, he would be my pick as a ruck. Otherwise, maybe Guthrie for an interesting pod.

What about skipping Grundy and going Hore and ROB to Hurn and Goldy leaving me 2 trades and 2k??

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was thinking along the same lines, but with Birchall back Clarko might be a little more comfortable about swinging Sicily forward...
I actually thought Tim O'Brien might move forward if needed - did a better job in one quarter up there than Sicily did in 2 games.

Sicily is too valuable in the backline.. his intercept marking is elite

AFL Club
Melbourne
If Cameron scores ok tonight (not sure exactly what value I have in mind though) I could sub his score for Jelly and bring in Sicily and Tomahawk for Duursma and Parker. Deal with Jelly next week in that case.