AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,409
Weekly: 5,045
Overall: 3,805 (from 4284)
Trades Made: None
Heroes: WALSH, Titch, Macrae, Heppell, Danger, Oliver, Zerrett, Neale
Villains: Grundy C, Dusty, Zorko, Whitfield out causing Bianco on field
Comments: Tough week for a lot of people! I luckily had none of Greene or Mills but have copped my fair share of injuries in the last few rounds with Doch/Impey/Dusty and Neale/Heppell/Whitfield out for one weekers. Have two trades left with Dusty to trade out - luckily can grab Marshall with $300 to spare.

Unfortunately went Grundy C over Walsh C, but it looks like Walsh is the form player of the comp so he’ll be hard to overlook for the C going forward!

AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,367
Weekly: 8,947
Overall: 529 (from 472)
Heroes: Steele (C), Macrae, Mitchell, Oliver, Danger, Hall
Villains: Boak
Comments: Tough week, wore a 0 for Greene as I was already looping Heeney on via Briggs so I could go Steele into Macrae. Hindsight says that I should have had Roberston E as well so he could have covered Greene. Could not really trade Greene due to lateness of game, so just wore the 0 and I know I already had to trade Dusty this week reducing trades left to 2. Just hanging in there, need some luck to maintain top 1,000 for season. Likely Dusty to Marshall this week, reducing trades left to 2. Have Kelly and Greene so might be a case of seeing how Bianco and Robertson go and making a decision whom to trade after seeing their scores as I doubt Kelly plays this week.

Well done all with great scores :D

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,398
Weekly: 5,963
Overall: 3,290 (improved 265 places)
Heroes: Walsh.. what a legend!! Mansell (who was my cover for Whitfield), Steele, Oliver, Marshall, Heeney's second half
Villains: Gawn (hate to say it, but the days of being a C option are well and truly gawn..), Bont (new record for clangers in one game I think?), Zorko (awful last minute VC decision), Heeney's first half (12 points is vomit worthy), Martin's kidney, Kelly's ankle. COVID (I wasn't personally impacted but feel for those who were.. hate a compromised season and takes away a lot of the enjoyment..)
Comments:

No trades for the week so I was able to preserve my 4 trades and 60k in the bank. Fortuitous as I now have to deal with Dusty and possibly Josh Kelly.. good times. If Kelly is confirmed as out then I'll have a look at Bramble's score before making the trade (if fixture changes allow for it that is), but it does mean I need to be conservative with what I do with Martin. Kelly + Martin + cash ITB = ~1.06M to spend on 2 premiums, should be able to find a viable combo with that! I hope..

Oh, and Bombers are in the 8.. won't lead to much and may just be another lost final if we make it, but bloody amazing effort from the lads that most in the media had as bottom 4 at the start of the year!

AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2350
Weekly: 10,938
Overall: 1618 (down 91)
Trades Made: 0 (of 0)
Heroes: Walsh 193, Mitchell 171, Oliver 139, Dangerfield 134, Macrae C 124
Villains: Hind 74, Pendlebury 78
Injuries: Kelly 76, Highmore 64
Comments: Copped my first donut for the season thanks to the Covid scare and am looking firmly at at least another one unless Lachie Jones is put straight back into the ones! This is where I expect my haste in the post-bye rounds to come back and slap me in the face. Would honestly be shocked if I managed to stay in the top 2000 from here.

Without Highmore my cover situation is dire - I had 23 green lights last week, only Bianco and Brockman didn't get on. (I couldn't swing Bianco to DEF to save the donut unfortunately) Whitfield should be back at least, but there might need to be some wild swinging of the magnets if there are any further surprises. Can I get Newcombe back please?

On the plus side, the hottest property in the competition is a Blue :love: Been a long time since that was the case!

AFL Club
Essendon
First of all I would like to publicly apologise for poking the bear on Saturday night …
13/1618 (Steele)

C’mon Sunday … I’m staring you down!
Score: 2,417
Weekly: 4,454
Overall: 4,297 (up from 4,865)
Trades made: Whitfield & Greene to Lloyd & Hogan
Heroes: Mitchell, Steele, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Macrae, McCluggage, Merrett
Villains: J Kelly, Gawn, Covid-19
Comments: The weekend was travelling along nicely until I heard about 10 minutes before the final game that Mills and Greene were late outs. With a few important leagues on the line, I was suddenly going from an important win to certain loss. I reacted by making two trades to deliver 9/10 league wins. I would have lost 7 of those matches if I didn’t trade. The down side is that I have probably ruined the finals advantage I was hoping for by carrying a fist full of trades into finals, but no point carrying them if I don’t make it!
Planned Trades: The trade punt paid off with Hogan reaching his break even by enough to mean that I can trade him straight back out to Marshall with a single trade.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,197
Weekly: 35,556
Overall: 2,981 (down 799)
Heroes (120+): Parish, Walsh, Macrae, Petracca, Oliver
Villains (<80): Aliir, Bianco (for Whitfield), Jelly, Rowell, McDonald, Greene (no forward cover due to mucking up my loops earlier in the round), Dusty
Comments: I was already having a shocker, with Dusty out for the season, then Sunday gave me a Jelly injury, Greene quarantine on top of Whitfield already missing. Note to self for next year - no GWS players.
Proposed trades: I'll be using my final trade, will be holding it until the last minute though, as I expect more chaos to come. Most likely Dusty out to someone - to be confirmed.

AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2272 ( Merrett )
Weekly: 22,248
Overall: 9,866 (from 9,446)
Team value: $13,010,700 plus $15,200 itb
Trades made: CCJ and Daniher to Dunkley and Ginnivan. 4 left.
Heroes: Stewart, Lloyd, Bont, Macrae, Merrett, Walsh, Oliver, Wines, Danger and Sharp!!
Villains: Aliir, Gawn and Grundy
Rookie Villains: Treacy

Comments: Bont was my hero, that's right, anyone that scores 93 with 15 clangers, could have scored 186. Some great scores posted again this week, congrats to all. I managed to avoid most of the carnage, only had Whitfield missing. Traded in Dunks in place of Daniher who scored similar, now he misses round 19. Took Danger's vc, then went Merrett as captain in search of extra points, unfortunately flopped with 20 points less. Won 8/10 leagues, however, I'll only be in 1 league final with my mediocre team, I'll take the learnings from 2021 into 2022 to improve my rank. Still hovering within the 10k ranking, hoping to get to 3k, that looks out of the question now, but am seeing more people joining the NTL club, so might be a chance to improve with 4 trades left.
Intended Trades: TBC It's a wait and see, have Highmore out, so Bianco to cover, Dunkley out, Treacy as cover 🙄 Hopefully Ginnivan gets his debut game, as there's some sore boys at Collingwood. Soft bunch that lot. 😜

Screenshot_20210718-225117_SuperCoach.jpg Screenshot_20210718-225144_SuperCoach.jpg

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,396
Weekly: 6,145 round
Overall: 2,162 ( improved 138 places)
Trades Made:Nil
Heroes: Walsh, Captain Steele, Parish, Oliver, Macrae, Hall and Marshall.
Villains: Dusty, Greene, Zorko, Grundy, Gawn, Bont, Ridley, Highmore and Bianco.

Comments: All seemed on track until 5:45 pm Sunday night just before the final game….
Finally locked in a good VC score in Steele and had all the big midfield scorers….. how good was WALSH!
Lost Greene to the Covid impact and then Kelly to another injury when on track for 120 plus….
What looked on track for 2500 struggled just shy of 2400….
Thankfully I am either first or second in all leagues so strong planning kept my team on track for finals…. However the last couple of weeks injuries with minimal trades will slow my momentum and goal to achieve top 1,000 with 349 points behind now..
Potential Trade: Dusty out for Bolton

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,410
Weekly: 4,377
Overall: 1,255 (+97)
Team Value: $14.15m (incl cash)
Trades Made: Highmore to Reeves and Weightman to JDG
Heroes: Walsh, Oliver, Dangerfield, Petracca, Macrae (VC), Hall
Villains: Dusty, Zorko, Grundy (C), Gawn, Bont, Martin, MILLSY!

Comments: Tight league game, had to depart Macrae VC and choose between Grundy or Walsh. Heart had said Walsh all week, Grundy vs DeK looked appealing. Lost in the end and Macrae would have reduced the loss to a couple of points. Given Grundy choice and Mills missing, surprised I rose up the ranks.

Team value, first time cracking the $14m mark.

Trades planned: Languish in one of my leagues at 8th with over an extra 1000points against me than most top 8 teams, do or die game against a side that scored more than me this week, gains Whitfield and I lose Mills again.

Will consider Martin to Bolton/JDG and a Taranto upgrade to Steele/Parish or Mitchell. Probably blows my finals chances up though with minimal trades left.

Now placed 1st in SCS Final Siren, 3rd SCS02 and 5th SC Insider_suitcas

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,133
Weekly: 47,313
Overall: 2,890 (down from 1,079)
Heroes: Mitchell, Oliver, Danger, Merrett, Hall, Macrae, Laird, Stewart & Lloyd.
Villains: Grundy C, Gawn, Jelly, Zorko, Dusty, Whitfield, Mills & Greene late outs
Comments: Thought I'd make everyone feel better by posting up my week from hell. Felt the full force of Sunday Carnage. Crappy captain pick in Grundy and the late outs of Greene & Mills being the last game of the round. One of the few in the top 5k copping both Mills & Greene. Also Jelly injured doesn't help. The top 1k dream gone in the blink of eye. Purely league focused now. Counting down the days til BBL! Only 139 odd days til it starts.

DEF: 4/10
My ever reliable Mills with the late out meant I copped Madden's 38. Stewart & Lloyd only just making the tonnes. Ridley back down to earth. Daniel was on his way to a huge score only to be just short of 100. Bianco very serviceable to cover Whitfield.

MID: 6/10
Tommy Mitchell just wow, has now been on a 6 week tonne streak. Too bad he couldn't have started the season this way. Oliver, Macrae & Zerrett with solid contributions. Laird a bit down but still la tonne. Brayshaw underwhelming for the 2nd week in a row. Jelly with his first time failing to get the tonne due to injury. Has been very serviceable up until now. Hopefully he'll be right to play or else he'll be on the chopping block.

RUC: 7/10
First time since rd 1 that both rucks failed to tonne up. Grundy spud captain choice.

FWD: 3/10
Danger not trolling me and finally gets me a tonne. Hall great but could have been higher. Ziebell with just an ok score. Zorko terrible. Daniher also not great but can't be trading out playing players. Dusty injury means a definite trade. Copped a donut with the Greene out.

Intended trades:
Will be without Greene & Mills again. Dusty definitely goes and Jelly If out long term becomes my 2nd trade out. Unsure of which way to go yet. Marshall is very tempting but could opt for Bolton and a gun mid If Jelly is out. Will have to wait for more news.

Score: 2,133
Weekly: 47,313
Overall: 2,890 (down from 1,079)
Heroes: Mitchell, Oliver, Danger, Merrett, Hall, Macrae, Laird, Stewart & Lloyd.
Villains: Grundy C, Gawn, Jelly, Zorko, Dusty, Whitfield, Mills & Greene late outs
Comments: Thought I'd make everyone feel better by posting up my week from hell. Felt the full force of Sunday Carnage. Crappy captain pick in Grundy and the late outs of Greene & Mills being the last game of the round. One of the few in the top 5k copping both Mills & Greene. Also Jelly injured doesn't help. The top 1k dream gone in the blink of eye. Purely league focused now. Counting down the days til BBL! Only 139 odd days til it starts.

DEF: 4/10
My ever reliable Mills with the late out meant I copped Madden's 38. Stewart & Lloyd only just making the tonnes. Ridley back down to earth. Daniel was on his way to a huge score only to be just short of 100. Bianco very serviceable to cover Whitfield.

MID: 6/10
Tommy Mitchell just wow, has now been on a 6 week tonne streak. Too bad he couldn't have started the season this way. Oliver, Macrae & Zerrett with solid contributions. Laird a bit down but still la tonne. Brayshaw underwhelming for the 2nd week in a row. Jelly with his first time failing to get the tonne due to injury. Has been very serviceable up until now. Hopefully he'll be right to play or else he'll be on the chopping block.

RUC: 7/10
First time since rd 1 that both rucks failed to tonne up. Grundy spud captain choice.

Danger not trolling me and finally gets me a tonne. Hall great but could have been higher. Ziebell with just an ok score. Zorko terrible. Daniher also not great but can't be trading out playing players. Dusty injury means a definite trade. Copped a donut with the Greene out.

Intended trades:
Will be without Greene & Mills again. Dusty definitely goes and Jelly If out long term becomes my 2nd trade out. Unsure of which way to go yet. Marshall is very tempting but could opt for Bolton and a gun mid If Jelly is out. Will have to wait for more news.
Doesn't do you much good, but commiserations on the impact of those late outs.
Had Martin, Greene and Kelly as.well (not Mills, sadly, wanted to start him but went with the crowd - great selection), but to have them all impact you simultaneously, and two at such short notice, is nigh on impossible to absorb.

AFL Club
Richmond
Score: 2,515
Weekly: 570
Overall: 858 (up 354)
Trades Made: Butters to Hawkins, had planned on trading Sidebottom to Marshall, Dusty's death made me hold off on that.
Heroes: Walsh, Titch, Steele, Danger, Hawkins, Petracca, Macrae.
Villains: Sidebottom, Jelly, Dusty, Durham
Comments:
Pretty good week on paper. Good score. Dodged most of the carnage, and benefited from the COVID outs.
Had planned all week to trade Sidebottom to Marshall, absolutely sick of having Sidebottom in my team, can't stand watching the Pies and seeing him plod around.
But Dusty decided that I should hold Sidebottom, and trade him to Marshall instead.
Buuuuuut, the brake even game has absolutely shot me, and I'm $2,700 short of getting it done with my only remaining trade.
If Butters is back I am going to trade Dusty out and Butters back in lol.
If not I will have to go with Bolton, don't like Bolton as an SC pick, but he's the best of a bad lot ATM.

Cover on all lines bar fwd currently.
Praying for none of my premos on the same like to get multiple week injuries.
Just hoping to hang on to a top 1k finish and get myself another pair of socks.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,446 (VC Macrae)
Weekly: 2,666
Overall: 1,593 (up 285)
Heroes: Walsh 193 :love::love:, Titch 171 :love::love:, Steele 145 :love:, Oliver 139 :cool:, Danger 134 :cool:, Hall 110 (y), Bramble 91 :love:, Heeney 86 (y), Grundy 88 :devilish:
Villains: May 67 (n), Brockman + Fullarton loop 41 and 44 :poop:, Jelly 76 :cry:

Comments:
Still clawing my way up the rankings with minimal trades in the bank and injuries everywhere. Macrae was VC and I was strongly considering Grundy as captain, however fortunately decided to take Macrae's score at the last minute. If 130 is the usual benchmark, Macrae's 124 was only 6 points off. Grundy a hero for me as his down score likely helped my ranking by 36 points.

"Fortunately" don't have Mills or Greene to deal with, however they are only out for one more week so not as bad as having to deal with Jelly or Dusty.

DEF: 5/10
93 average across 6 premos this week, so an average result. Whitfield on the pine. May unfortunately couldn't get loose vs the Hawks, and Salem stole a lot of kick ins.

MID: 10/10
131 average, including young Bramble's 91 and Jelly's 76. Take a 130+ average across the line any week. Salute to Walsh, Steele, Titch and Oliver - massive scores guys, keep it up.

RUC: 5/10
Gawndy struggled. Didn't watch the Pies however appears Grundy slowed down massively after quarter time. Gawn continues to labour, and I wonder whether he is carrying an injury or something. Jackson takes some ruck contests, however Gawn's ruckwork has dropped off a cliff, and he isn't taking the good contested marks around the ground like he used to.

Happy with Danger, Ziebell, Hall and Heeney. Dusty is a burn-man now, never picking him again. Looped Fullarton and Brockman and they both delivered crap 40s...haven't had any luck with loops this year.

Intended trades:
One trade left. If Jelly is out long term then Jelly out to maybe Hawkins. If Jelly coming back then Dusty out, probably to Bolton. And signing in to the NTL club.

Good luck to all coaches with all the carnage flying around.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2,249
Weekly: 26,118
Overall: 18,377 (from 18,167)
Trades Made: Heeney & Bianco to Connolly & Marshall
Heroes: Lloyd, Laird, Bramble (for Cripps), Oliver, Merrett, Titchell, Macrae, Marshall, Stringer
Villains: May, Ridley, Taranto, Jelly, Gawn Grundy, Treacy (for Greene), Dusty, Zorko
Comments: Did a four week review last week which showed (small) weekly improvements. This week a small loss of position, don't know if there is any correlation.
Unfortunately my team is placed in the mediocre bracket by ranking.
Fortunately I have 4 trades remaining.
Unfortunately I only have $ 6,600 itb.
Unfortunately the following are either out or in doubt this week: Neale, Kelly, Cripps, Greene, Martin.
The unfortunatelies win but i acknowledge EVERYONE will have at least some of these players.
Trades Planned: Will be decided when teams are named, the only certainty is Dusty out.

As always Good luck all especially those at the pointy end.

Edit three minutes after completing and add Marshall to the out or in doubt list.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2,478 (VC Steele)
Weekly: 1,419
Overall: 37 (from 51)
Trades Made: Langford to De Goey
Heroes: Walsh! Bramble (coming in for Whitfield), Oliver, Steele, Merrett, Macrae, Marshall, Hall, De Goey, Danger, Short
Villains: Ridley, Taranto, Jelly, Gawn, Grundy, Dusty, Mills (Murphy 35 barely was cover).
Comments: Good three week run for my side, gone back up from 105th at the end of round 15. De Goey was a risk vs reward type selection given that he is playing as a full time mid now, hopefully Elliot plays for the rest of the season as I think he determines De Goey's role more than anything. Reckon i'll be relying on Bramble a fair bit from now on.
Trades Planned: Dusty to Bolton, will leave us with one trade and around $70k. Can afford to go to Dale or Hind but have a preference for Bolton based purely on his price, has been better than Dusty most of the season anyway this year. Can go on a run of games where he tons as well (albeit can put in a few stinkers when the Tigers lose).

Good luck to all for round 19, I think we'll need it.