Discussion Round 18: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
West Coast
If we get ahead by a fair margin... We will probably bench Nic Nat and let Williams handle most of the ruck work.
tempting me to play Bailey over Perez (scored 10 last week)

it is funny they are playing him with JPK Darling Allen all playing. Could easily be rotating off the bench like Ceglar did to ruck only.

felt bad trading NN to Gawn......maybe not now.

AFL Club
North Melb.
So I think I’m going to go Doc to Luke McDonald.

Means that I will hopefully have Watson, Rivers, perhaps one of Mosquito or Riccardi as back-up rather anything more sophisticated.
Mosquito did his knee didn’t he?

AFL Club
West Coast
tempting me to play Bailey over Perez (scored 10 last week)

it is funny they are playing him with JPK Darling Allen all playing. Could easily be rotating off the bench like Ceglar did to ruck only.

felt bad trading NN to Gawn......maybe not now.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen move down back to fill Gov's position. Get him a few touches and back into some form.

JK is another I can see having a rest late in the game if things go our way.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wouldn't be surprised to see Allen move down back to fill Gov's position. Get him a few touches and back into some form.

JK is another I can see having a rest late in the game if things go our way.
Kennedy got a knock late last in the last on the weekend didn’t he? I’d imagine this isn’t a bad week to give the old boy a rest.

AFL Club
West Coast
Kennedy got a knock late last in the last on the weekend didn’t he? I’d imagine this isn’t a bad week to give the old boy a rest.
Don't think JK copped a hit but might be wrong.

I was surprised a bit Allen was named as he looked quite sore after copping what looked like a shoulder injury, but he must be ok to play as he's named.

Be nice if we funnel everything through JK... and he kicks 12 goals to win the Coleman, lol

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I can stop stressing about whether my R2 Draper will be managed now that BJWilliams is in for cover.
Think with the best part of a week break, and it being the final round of the season, that Draper plays.
Reckon they'll go both him and Phillips this week to try and tackle Gawn, the best part for the Bombers is being able to get Draper a game against the best, or one of the best, in the business, before heading into a big preseason.

AFL Club
Essendon
Think with the best part of a week break, and it being the final round of the season, that Draper plays.
Reckon they'll go both him and Phillips this week to try and tackle Gawn, the best part for the Bombers is being able to get Draper a game against the best, or one of the best, in the business, before heading into a big preseason.
Absolutely. I agree 100% and it makes perfect sense to the sane - we'll just see what the Dons coaching staff think.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The only stress I am experiencing is if there will be a late out, otherwise with no trades left, I'm just waiting for the finals to start.
My team is ready to go and if some of my players perform poorly, then I'm not going to stress, as I have no more control. :cool:

AFL Club
West Coast
A big Thanks to everyone who runs this site and the community that has posted this year.The insights and suggestions have been awesome and intriguing at times. I love da banter. All the best for your finals guyz and galz.
Krak

AFL Club
West Coast
The only stress I am experiencing is if there will be a late out, otherwise with no trades left, I'm just waiting for the finals to start.
My team is ready to go and if some of my players perform poorly, then I'm not going to stress, as I have no more control. :cool:
To me the stress here is where to have emg vs Vc loophole vs late out or someone not selected

Docherty DEf vs Rusco Mid the issue.

AFL Club
West Coast
Don't think JK copped a hit but might be wrong.

I was surprised a bit Allen was named as he looked quite sore after copping what looked like a shoulder injury, but he must be ok to play as he's named.

Be nice if we funnel everything through JK... and he kicks 12 goals to win the Coleman, lol
JJK looked like he'd done his calf late in the last... went for a lead and pulled up short, but ended up marking and kicking a goal after his opponents left him where he was on his own as they assumed he was gone - for about 5 minutes after that looked pretty unsure of himself, testing his leg.. looked fine walking off at the end of the game though 10 minutes later

the ins and outs are interest, Foley for Gov doesnt seem quite right - i heard Allen couldnt even do push ups this week at training so agree thats a bit surprising

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
JJK looked like he'd done his calf late in the last... went for a lead and pulled up short, but ended up marking and kicking a goal after his opponents left him where he was on his own as they assumed he was gone - for about 5 minutes after that looked pretty unsure of himself, testing his leg.. looked fine walking off at the end of the game though 10 minutes later

the ins and outs are interest, Foley for Gov doesnt seem quite right - i heard Allen couldnt even do push ups this week at training so agree thats a bit surprising
That's right, I remember now, lol Got carried away celebrating the win.

Must not have been anything in it at all, as JK's one we definitely wouldn't risk with any sort of niggle.

Foley in for Gov at first sight may look a little strange, but we played extra defenders last week due to lack of fit players, so a reshuffle is all that's needed. Barrass & Schofield can take the talls with Schoey filling in for Gov... leaving Hurn, Sheppard, Cole, Rotham to round out the back 6, Foley off the bench to provide the Defensive rotation. Duggan can play midfield again.