Discussion Round 18 Trades

AFL Club
Sydney
Ok all, Cogs to Taranto.

Hold the second, see how Fyfe pulls up next week.

Clarke as a Fyfe cover, Bewley or Hill if he’s a dud.

AFL Club
West Coast
Was going to trade Logue to a rookie defender and Scott/Hately to a premium.

Richmonds Eggleson out hurts, Quaynor in means have to trade Hately.

With Logue playing, feels wrong to trade him.

Can go Hately/Scott to Hill for now and as long as KDunkley plays not covers Kelly/Fyfe on the bench.

Thoughts - too aggressive to move Logue on for Quaynor? Not sure Stein stands out as back up . Maybe Birchall week after.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Going Wilkie to Whitfield and cogs to Merrett this week. Thoughts...
This is how my team looks
Def. Whitfield Zwilliams Hurn Lloyd Sicily Laird
Mid. Macrae Fyfe Cripps Neale Trealor Crouch Rockliff Merrett
Ruck. Goldy Grundy
Fwd. Danger Kelly Marshall Dunkley Billings Heeney
17k in bank 2 trades left hopefully I don’t get any injuries. Ranked 435 pretty happy so far.
Excellent side and ranking, very well done.

AFL Club
Carlton
Had to reassess my trades

Was going Jelly and Pendles to Cotchin and Yeo.
Now going Jelly to Cotchin, B Scott to Lobb via dpp and Danger to the mids. Hoping Pendles and Bont play, have Hind on mid bench, any late outs, I can swing another forward to mids with Chol supporting forwards. Lobb also gives me ruck cover via Bines, but the ruck injury crisis has already bolted I'd say. ?

Gone ROB -> Gawn and Moore -> T.Stewart which essentially completes my team.
Still leaves me with 2 trades left and 60k.

Had a tough time choosing between Stewart/Sicily/Crisp/Laird. Still don't know who is the better option and will probably change it 5 times before lockout

AFL Club
Carlton
Is it safe to say that the price gap between Gawn and ROB is not going to close much. We are going to need at least a $100k ?

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is it safe to say that the price gap between Gawn and ROB is not going to close much. We are going to need at least a $100k ?
Price projections following this round are:

ROB: $498,000, $497,000, $512,000

Gawn: $607,000, $616,000, $633,000

So with the gap being $125,000 at their current prices you could possibly hold off for one more week to likely save a bit more cash. ROB playing the Bombers with no real ruck this round makes holding off for one week even more enticing.

AFL Club
West Coast
Logue > Quaynor
Hately > prem mid up to $550k

Only other options are Hately/BScott to Hill (GWS) to cover rookie and downgrade chol next week to get to M8 or downgrade Logue to Stein/Birchall. The latter starts to impact if I go for a F7 like Gray.

Was thinking ROB has to go but up against no Ruck tomorrow night he may go big
I'd reckon McKernan will at least provide a better and tougher match-up against O"Brien than Clarke would...McKernan is "relatively" active and mobile so may not go all the one way.
I'm still hoping Jacobs comes in for O'Brien so I can spend another 30 grand on a Cog replacement and grab Gawn next week although Gawn could push 200 this week.

AFL Club
Essendon
Hately > Dunkley
Cogs > Bont/Treloar/Cunnington/Yeo

Will still have to field Butters and Clarke.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Moore -> Birchall for me this week. Was planning on doing ROB -> Gawn but ROB against McKernan is too juicy, so will hold off one more week.

That will leaves me with 1 spot to fill, with Birchall on field and Logue on bench. Will try and pickup Whitfield eventually, will have 5 trades left after the ROB trade so should be able to make it happen!

Currently sitting on $192k and 6 trades.

Looking at two options for trades this week which will eventually lead to replacing Cogs, getting Grundy and Whitfield and potentially grabbing Menegola as M/F cover.

Which one would you go with if we're choosing between options A) and B) below?

p.s. Menegola is a luxury trade - could also hang onto the extra trade depending on the fitness of the rest of my lineup.

A)
RND 18: Cogs> Greene, via Dangerfield (+$120k)

Would lead to the following sequence of trades / final team:

RND 18-19: ROB > Grundy (-$170-200k)
RND 19-20(?): Andrews > Whitfield (~-$100k)
RND 20-21(?): Larkey to Menegola, Baker to Rookie M/F (if needed)

Finished team
Cash: minimal
Trades remaining: 2, or 1 if extra one down is needed to get Menegola

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Z. Williams, Sicily, Ryan, B. Smith (Logue, Naish)
MID: Cripps, Macrae, Neale, Oliver, Sloane, Treloar, B. Crouch, Dangerfield (Hately, Baker/Rookie M/F, T. Watson)
RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Bines)
FWD: J. Dunkley, T. Kelly, Heeney, Worpel, Westhoff, Greene (Menegola, Gardner)

----------------------

B)

RND 18: Harris > Birchall or Quaynor (+$200-250k)
RND 18: Cogs > Z. Merrett or similar up to ~$500k mark (+$30-40k)

Would lead to the following sequence of trades / final team:

RND 19: ROB > Grundy (-$190-200k)
WK 20-21(?): Quaynor/Birchall or Logue > Whitfield (~-$200-250k)
WK 20-21(?): Larkey to Menegola, Baker to Rookie M/F (if needed)

Finished team
Cash: minimal
Trades remaining: 2, or 1 if extra one down is needed to get Menegola

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Z. Williams, Sicily, Ryan, B. Smith (Birchall/Quaynor or Logue, Naish)
MID: Cripps, Macrae, Neale, Oliver, Sloane, Treloar, B. Crouch, Z. Merrett (Hately, Baker/Rookie M/F, T. Watson)
RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Bines)
FWD: J. Dunkley, T. Kelly, Heeney, Worpel, Westhoff, Dangerfield (Menegola, Gardner)

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Blues fans, or anyone really, is Hugh Goddard likely to come straight back after be recovers from his cheekbone injury?

AFL Club
Carlton
Blues fans, or anyone really, is Hugh Goddard likely to come straight back after be recovers from his cheekbone injury?
Hoping he will, I brought him in last week, thinking he was cover for Marchbank. I see Weitering is back in for Goddard. Depends where they play Casboult, now that Jones is back from concussion. McGovern out might be a good thing, play Casboult forward, give Goddard a go at half back.Here's hoping!! I've got no bench cover in defence now.

AFL Club
West Coast
Hey lads.. final trade in Trading Games team is to upgrade Hately or Oscar Baker to cover the Fyfe out.... which one looks most likely to get a game in the final 5 rounds?