Strategy Round 19: Trades

AFL Club
Collingwood
Word of warning, I am considering using my last trade on Hawkins or Thomas, both of whom I own in SCSUL. Given my track record (since the inception) with M Walters (RD17 2020), E Yeo (RD6 2020), L Neale (RD1 and RD15 2021) and A Witherden (RD16 2021), I would proceed with caution. :LOL:

Would you like me to pick Bolton instead?
No thanks, im good, id rather you don't break my preferred option:p

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Word of warning, I am considering using my last trade on Hawkins or Thomas, both of whom I own in SCSUL. Given my track record (since the inception) with M Walters (RD17 2020), E Yeo (RD6 2020), L Neale (RD1 and RD15 2021) and A Witherden (RD16 2021), I would proceed with caution. :LOL:

Would you like me to pick Bolton instead?
Please don’t pick Bolton …..I’m hoping to pick him up and ruin him…. Please pick Hawkins lol

Both Edwards and Newcombe not playing this week (and Durham being extended bench) adds a small complication to my plans. I think I can still get 22, but I think I'll have 0 bench Fwd, Back or Mid.

(And there's a chance I've miscounted and can't get 22. At least Whitfield is selected I guess)

AFL Club
Essendon
Wait, Butters is back, Jelly isn't broken and Facrae is named?! Yay, just the 1 donut for me & I've got someone to trade in. Sure, Facrae will only get 15, Jelly will be a late out, Butters will burn me and probably get injured again and I've still got Toby (🍩) + Bianco onfield, but it could be worse...

Trades-wise: Dusty to Butters, and keep 3 trades + $110k for league finals/undoubtedly more carnage next week.

OK, if Durham gets named I think I'll go Dusty and L. Edwards -> Zorko and Durham. Then use Bianco on field with Durham bench cover for Kelly.

If Durham doesn't get named it starts to get much sketchier WIth names like Gaff, Tim Kelly, Bolton, even Brodie, Isaac and Bailey Smith and all manner of forwards with prices starting with 3.... all coming under consideration as I try and find a couple of players with at least one a DPP who add up to 833k

Oh fk, the Collingwood match starts at 7:10....gonna be tight!

AFL Club
Essendon
Dusty > M. Kennedy?
Went the same way Zimmer, See more upside potential with Kennedy than other forwards under 450K that I can afford. Could be a disaster but that is nature of late season and cheap picks. Kennedy is in the right window to continue his improvement and consistency. so let us pray together. Unless of course I am playing you in a final.

AFL Club
Essendon
Can't decide from the following. 3 trades and 5k left. Got Dusty, Mills, Greene and Jelly. Mills is currently causing a donut, with a Highmore/Jones bench. Atm I'm assuming Jelly will play. Ranked about 300. Would love to somehow climb back up towards 100. Don't really care about leagues.

A) Highmore to West, Dusty to Zorko
B) Dusty to Bolton

A gets Bianco back to cover Mills this week, and strengthens both def and mid benches. It also gets Zorko over Bolton, which should be 10-30 points per week? depending on whether Zorko gets back into his top form. It also means West as mid E this week, covering Jelly, which could be a few points over my current Es (Brockman/Bianco). So maybe 50 points from Bianco this week + 15 points from Zorko over Bolton per week. 125 pts for a second trade might be worth it at this point?
B saves a trade. I do like the Bolton and Kennedy picks this week. I see them going 85-105 for the last 5, which is great at their prices. If I get more than one more 2+-week injury/quarantine, could make up more than the 125 pts just by having that extra trade there. Can't decide! Would appreciate any votes :D