Discussion Round 2: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Melbourne
So all you Bombers supporters.

Did Townsend have a noticeable role change in Rd or did he just do his role as well?

Yes I was a bunny who traded him in, but might need to cut my losses...

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
So all you Bombers supporters.

Did Townsend have a noticeable role change in Rd or did he just do his role as well?

Yes I was a bunny who traded him in, but might need to cut my losses...
I was pretty close to bringing him in too but wasn’t able to afford him when I had to deal with roberton, fort and naismith omissions.

I don’t think Townsend’s role changed per se but he just didn’t end up with any goals as I guess McKernan was targetted more as the only real tall. In Rnd 1, we didn’t have a true KPF and I think Townsend was probably the primary target. AMT and Stringer also played despite injury clouds and kicked most of the other goals.

I think he would still have a decent BE with the 99 in his system so would wait at least one round before flicking him. Probably hasn’t worked out that great but quick cash gen is not the worst thing and we probably have better basement rookies than expected.

AFL Club
Collingwood
In a shorter season like this, if Rowell goes close to a 100 avg, he may well be good enough to keep at M8 all year. No point upgrading if most other mids are only going at 105-108.

Really only a 16 game season for him, his average won’t get the chance to taper off late due to tiring out.
Footywire predicted Rowell to be $ 525,000.00 after Round 5.

Going to be a interesting decision when to trade or hold him.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Footywire predicted Rowell to be $ 525,000.00 after Round 5.

Going to be a interesting decision when to trade or hold him.
I think he'll be my last upgrade either way the way he is going. Point I was trying to make was that in a shorter season, we'll need to use our two trades per week to go hard to generate cash and get those genuine +30-40ppg upgrades on poorer rookie scorers. Even if Rowell is sitting at 500k, no point upgrading him to players perhaps only averaging 5-10 points more than him. Say you swap him to a 105 mid in R6/R7 and he continues at 95, that's only max 110 points earnt from that trade (i.e. 11 rounds for +10 ppg) and you've probably lost more points from not being able to use that trade to get a worse rookie off field. If he compromises on field scoring and drops off to 70 scoring late, then obviously better to side swap before that.

Timing that trade will be key, but jumping off too early will just mean you've got a rookie scoring worse than Rowell on field for longer.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I think he'll be my last upgrade either way the way he is going. Point I was trying to make was that in a shorter season, we'll need to use our two trades per week to go hard to generate cash and get those genuine +30-40ppg upgrades on poorer rookie scorers. Even if Rowell is sitting at 500k, no point upgrading him to players perhaps only averaging 5-10 points more than him. Say you swap him to a 105 mid in R6/R7 and he continues at 95, that's only max 110 points earnt from that trade (i.e. 11 rounds for +10 ppg) and you've probably lost more points from not being able to use that trade to get a worse rookie off field. If he compromises on field scoring and drops off to 70 scoring late, then obviously better to side swap before that.

Timing that trade will be key, but jumping off too early will just mean you've got a rookie scoring worse than Rowell on field for longer.
Fully understood your original point and agree he was always going to be my last onfield upgrade (hopefully) , now if only Bennell can get up to 90+ as well.

Certainly wasn't expecting a 171 in his second game though.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Fully understood your original point and agree he was always going to be my last onfield upgrade (hopefully) , now if only Bennell can get up to 90+ as well.

If my round goes as bad as this round up until the Suns game I will put the C on him just for laughs. Should dominate the Crows

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

Yeah. I think with the extended preseason, younger players may score better than they usually do. The shorter games help as well as the younger players would be probably less likely to fade out late in games due to lack of fitness. No Swallow last round so Rowell became the clear No.1 mid. All in all, probably the perfect storm for a gun rookie like Rowell to pile on the SC points.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
same

I can't even remember that game now , so long ago

Greenwood owners might be happy this week as well , suspect he might have a point to prove.
Yeh first game he played well, as you would expect took him a little bit to get use to the pace but he is a quick study. He actually reminds me of a young Prestia in his GCS days.

AFL Club
Melbourne
I was pretty close to bringing him in too but wasn’t able to afford him when I had to deal with roberton, fort and naismith omissions.

I don’t think Townsend’s role changed per se but he just didn’t end up with any goals as I guess McKernan was targetted more as the only real tall. In Rnd 1, we didn’t have a true KPF and I think Townsend was probably the primary target. AMT and Stringer also played despite injury clouds and kicked most of the other goals.

I think he would still have a decent BE with the 99 in his system so would wait at least one round before flicking him. Probably hasn’t worked out that great but quick cash gen is not the worst thing and we probably have better basement rookies than expected.
Cheers Bomber18 :cool:

Probably should have done some better research, but whats done is done.

Better research would have shown that his 99 in round one was on the back of 3 goals, but only 9 possessions so not great numbers.

As long as he plays this week he is not a high proirity to trade out, so will hold and hope for the best.

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)