Strategy Round 2: Trades

How many trades do you plan to use in round 2?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 8 10.8%

Votes: 15 20.3%

Votes: 49 66.2%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Bulldogs
Thanks for posting, that’s interesting and helpful.

The quicker price move helps at the margin, although in these examples the two largely line back up by round 5 ($214k vs $205k), but King has still only made $80-90k - ie well short of what we would be hoping for. He would likely be held much longer, so his ongoing scoring level would be quite important.

Obviously there’s no 100 thrown in there, but as you say, if Sturt goes 30, 30, he could be tracking close to a 50 rolling average after 3 rounds (and would then still have the 30s to keep rolling through, once the 100 drops out).

Worth flagging that Sturt scored 39 and 29 in the Marsh series from close to full game time (TOG of 77% and 76%).

I’ll likely try to do some maths myself, but my sense is that if you didn’t like Sturt before this, trading him in for his 100 may still not be worth it, unless you just have no better use for that trade next week.
Yeh it is mainly for those who don't actually need to trade out any1 and wanna burn a trade. At the current rate most of the high priced mids are gonna fall into the 500ks so won't need as much the ruck and defender's are probz the best bet to load up in 1st.

AFL Club
Richmond
Looking like Z Guthrie & T Lynch out for 2 of Heeney, Greenwood, Greene or Petracca.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Jacobs has thrown a bit of a spanner in my plans, lol.

The plan was start the cheapest reasonable option in R2 and dump him for Naismith.

Jacobs 130+ yesterday means it is tough to trade him out this week, even if up against Gawn next week.

So my only real option is to get Naismith in as R3 or still do Jacobs to Naismith?

AFL Club
North Melb.
I've got a D4 problem...
Didn't like the look of Roberton to be honest so went Cumming after some nice pre-season form. Rewarded me with 57, but still might beat Roberton given how he's going so far.

Noble at D5 was solid and presumably one of BZT, Brander or Starc can be D6 each week. I have 70k... anyone I can get to without another trade?

That's if round 2 happens anyway.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I've got a D4 problem...
Didn't like the look of Roberton to be honest so went Cumming after some nice pre-season form. Rewarded me with 57, but still might beat Roberton given how he's going so far.

Noble at D5 was solid and presumably one of BZT, Brander or Starc can be D6 each week. I have 70k... anyone I can get to without another trade?

That's if round 2 happens anyway.
patience

Brander & Starc might both throw out 75+ scores and be viable onfield options

might even be Round 2 defender debutants

AFL Club
Collingwood
correct the rookies

Cavarra & Taylor - > Georgiades & Sturt

BZT & Green on notice

Bont , Jack & TJL can stay

AFL Club
Fremantle
Any other year I would... Isn't looking like this shorter format suits the big forwards. Expected him to get up the ground more also.
The new scoring is Tailor Made for the forwards. It's just that their scoring is very up and down.

AFL Club
Richmond
The new scoring is Tailor Made for the forwards. It's just that their scoring is very up and down.
I would agree that the scoring suits your mid sized forwards like Heeney and Greene who get up the ground to win some ball but also can snag a few goals. I don't think it suits the big lumbering full forward so much, unless they also pinch hit in the ruck, which Lynch doesn't.
I'm probably more annoyed at myself for taking guys like Greene, Heeney and Greenwood out of my team in the days leading up to round 1.
I agree that I should stick fat with chosen premiums but I'm trying to adjust my team on the go to suit this year's scoring. I'm down to 3 premium mids in my team now, simply because they all look overpriced given their scoring.

Edit: Cheers for the feedback. I came to my senses and changed back to 4 mids (Neale a last minute in). I may still trade TJL next week but only if it suits the rest of my team.
Sturt in for Guthrie will be my first priority.

Last edited:
Lynch was always going to be a roller coaster. Hang on for the ride.
Agreed - with the importance that goal kickers in winning teams are given when applying scaling a burst of 4 or 5 goals from TJ in a half which decides the outcome is likely to score very heavily. The fact that he will likely be in a winning team most rounds also helps as they tend to get the lions share of the post-match scaling as well.