Strategy Round 20: Trades

How many league finals have you qualified for...?

• None

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 6 11.5%

• More than 5

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters

THCLT

BBL05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
For those coaches still playing...

Are we trading to improve our prospect of winning our matchup in the first round of SC league finals and/or using them on one of our LTI players...?

I'll be using at least one on Pendles to either a cheap value MID or a FWD depending on how selections fall for my team/opponent.

AFL Club
Collingwood
For those coaches still playing...

Are we trading to improve our prospect of winning our matchup in the first round of SC league finals and/or using them on one of our LTI players...?

I'll be using at least one on Pendles to either a cheap value MID or a FWD depending on how selections fall for my team/opponent.
Using mine to try and get the win in SC finals, looking at trading either Taranto or Daniher leaning towards Taranto at the moment.
Or I could use 2 trades and get Danger but that would only leave me with 1 trade which seems risky. I’m top of the ladder in both cash leagues so have the double chance and will probably play it more conservatively.

AFL Club
Collingwood
What do you guys think improves my team more. Upgrading Taranto or Daniher? Got 100k to spend not a heap of great options. Maybe Marshall for Daniher or Guthrie for Taranto.

AFL Club
West Coast
Don't do Bolton, the pain never ends. Martin out playing on ball he should be avg 100 not turning out turds of 42.
What do you guys think improves my team more. Upgrading Taranto or Daniher? Got 100k to spend not a heap of great options. Maybe Marshall for Daniher or Guthrie for Taranto.
Based on what we saw on the weekend, I would do Taranto to Guthrie in a hearbeat.
Bolton, brought him back into my side, why oh why. hopefully the tigers easier run sees a recovery, however, as a non owner you wouldn't need to take the risk.

I would go Taranto over Daniher as a trade as well, 2 out of 3 poor weeks. Hardest decision is who to go to. Guthrie coming off a few easier teams has been solid not outstanding. Lyons starting to disappoint yet easy run, which helps Daniher.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Trading decisions are awkward when playing in more than one finals. I am lucky enough to be in 6 finals out of my 7 leagues, 3 finals in the top 4 (only am in one public League).
Because of low trades left, for a number of weeks now, I did not complete my team, relying on N.Cox in the Fwd line and Cerra in the Mid line.
If I have a very good player out, I will replace him, otherwise I plan not to trade.

AFL Club
Essendon
Have 3 trades left would love to get Mills in but look like winning my finals so might just sit on the trades or even trade out Bramble for some cash or even play Sharp and trade Taranto for even more cash?

AFL Club
North Melb.
Got 2 trades, $40k and a 'complete' team coming into a bunch of league finals.

With 4 games to come I really just need to hold them for emergencies, but if we get to R22 then I can do a final rookie up/down to boost another line with an extra premium.

New touted fixture

Friday, 30 July
St. Kilda vs Carlton, 7:50pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Saturday, 31 July
Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide, 12:20pm AEST, Mars Stadium
North Melbourne vs Geelong, 1:15pm AEST, Blundstone Arena
Gold Coast vs Melbourne, 3:10pm AEST, Venue TBC
Collingwood vs WCoast, 4:15pm AEST, MCG
Essendon vs Sydney, 7:40pm AEST, Gabba

Sunday, 1 August
Hawthorn vs Brisbane, 2:10pm AEST, UTAS
GWS vs Port Adelaide, 3:10pm AEST, Venue TBC
Fremantle vs Richmond, 5:10pm AEST, Optus Stadium

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
New touted fixture

Friday, 30 July

Saturday, 31 July
Collingwood vs Adelaide, 4:15pm AEST, MCG

Sunday, 1 August
Adelaide play twice 🤔

AFL Club
West Coast
New touted fixture

Friday, 30 July

Saturday, 31 July
Collingwood vs Adelaide, 4:15pm AEST, MCG

Sunday, 1 August
Does West Coast have the bye? :p

Adelaide named twice in WCE's place

AFL Club
Carlton
4 trades left, would like to trade Selwood, but he might play, then again could be a late out knowing Scott. 🙄 Looking at Zak Jones, seems to have come back in and reinvigorated the St Kilda midfield, has a high ceiling on occasions and need a knockout punch 1st week of finals. Need to win this match to finish top 4 which gets me some prize money. So out Treacy and Selwood for Durham and Jones.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
4 trades left, would like to trade Selwood, but he might play, then again could be a late out knowing Scott. 🙄 Looking at Zak Jones, seems to have come back in and reinvigorated the St Kilda midfield, has a high ceiling on occasions and need a knockout punch 1st week of finals. Need to win this match to finish top 4 which gets me some prize money. So out Treacy and Selwood for Durham and Jones.
Brave man ... like Jones as a player but can he last 4 rounds ...