Strategy Round 20: Trades

How many league finals have you qualified for...?

• None

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 9 17.3%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 6 11.5%

• More than 5

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Collingwood
4 trades left, would like to trade Selwood, but he might play, then again could be a late out knowing Scott. 🙄 Looking at Zak Jones, seems to have come back in and reinvigorated the St Kilda midfield, has a high ceiling on occasions and need a knockout punch 1st week of finals. Need to win this match to finish top 4 which gets me some prize money. So out Treacy and Selwood for Durham and Jones.
I like it. The only problem with Jones is that when goes low he can go very low. Definitely has a high ceiling though. I picked him up in a couple of drafts just before he came back and he’s been great.

AFL Club
Sydney
I have 1 trade left and have just enough to trade weightman to tex... do i even bother? Save it for a later issue?

AFL Club
Richmond
Bramble to Lyons or Guthrie to finally finish my team, suggestions on which one would be appreciated

Leaves me two trades for injuries, with 40k/90k itb depending on which option I go with

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will wait on Thursday night teams at this stage.

I have 2 trades remaining and if keep those I will have Macrae and Fullarton as a loophole combination covering Buddy (who was my Dusty replacement) with Sharp covering the midfield and Bianco covering the defence.

If I use both trades to bring in a $450k F/M or Fwd premium as a 23rd premium then Macrae replaces Sharp as mid cover while the new player plays at F5 and Heeney at F6 before moving to the bench next week.

Projected price increases mean it would make more sense to trade next week when I would be able to bring in a better player assuming there are no LTIs to deal with.

AFL Club
Essendon
1 trade left. Do trade Franklin the week after I got him. Probably not. Maybe to cover of its a donut. Dunno.

lappinitup

2006 AFL SuperCoach Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
2 trades left is the hardest.

I feel to properly upgrade I need to use both (to upgrade a Cripps/Daniher tpye), however that is too big a luxury for some potential upside.

Feel like I am better off holding and hoping for some carnage to most popular players, wait until second last week and use the double trade if no carnage.

Always interesting to navigate that decision:
Anticipate where holes might appear or wait for the concrete holes to present themslves?

AFL Club
Adelaide
Langford a possibility to come back this week.
Is it worth saving the trade or trade him to Marshall?