Review Round 21: Review

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Well, I might as well kick this thread off as we move into the home straight.

Score: 2,461
Weekly Rank: 4,273
Overall Rank: 469 (from 539)
Heroes: Macrae, Treloar, Fyfe, Cripps, MCrouch, Dunkley, Danger, Heeney
Villains: Crisp, Neale, Grundy, Gawn, Gray
Trades Made: Sicily to Whitfield :cry::cry:
Trades Planned: 2 Trades left, maybe Whitfield to Sicily :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Comments: Was devastated watching Sicily rack up the numbers Friday night and GWS looking so disinterested. ****e happens as they say and I did have that uneasy feeling all week about pulling the trigger on that trade. Trades in hand this late in the season can back fire, their value really is in being able to trade injured, rested or suspended players which we are still yet to really see, me anyway.

Season going well but still feels very meh. Up there but a long way off on the same hand.

SCSBestoftheBest league is going well, still in ranked #1. Apologies as I'm not sure who everyone is in this league but kudos to you all - cracking effort. (y)

RDT another solid score above 2400 pushed me in to top 40 overall. Again I'd really need a few weeks longer to make any significant challenge to the top 10. Interesting with RDT is that I didn't put a team in until the second game of the season and missed the Richmond/Carlton players in my initial squad which was a blessing as I needed to grab some more unique rookies like Miers and Atkins and a couple from other teams.

Some great scores and rankings from this board - let's see them and well done to all seeing the season out.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 2,480
Weekly Rank: 2,885
Overall Rank: 1,992 (from 2,468)
Heroes: Sicily, Stewart, Macrae (C), Treloar, Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Danger, Heeney
Villains: Whitfield, Lloyd, Laird, Neale, Sloane (also M.Crouch for injuring him), Gawn, Grundy, Boak, Marshall.
Trades Made: None
Trades Planned: None Left
Comments: Started off pretty well apart from the Boak dilemma. I think everyone was in the same boat with Boak, Grundy, Gawn, Lloyd in their teams so not that much of a difference. Brad Crouch started so poorly but finished with an 80 point second half to force me to forgive him. Marshall looked done only to come back on and recover for an 81 which I can't complain about too much in 70% game time. Sloane was on track to a huge score on 77 at half time and finished with 80 after Matt Crouch stupidly took him out. Ironically, Adelaide were completely in the game until he went off as well. Sicily was HUGE friday night and hopefully can rebound on the 50 out of defense against GC this week and back up with a 100+ again. Treloar is in some form! Bringing him in at 500k was one of the smartest moves I made all season along with Marshall at 330k and ROB at R2 at 130k. Although in hindsight I wish I held Goldy right now as he's been just as good if not better than Grundy since I moved Goldy -> ROB.

Been crawling my way up all season after a horror start from rounds 1-6 with injuries. Hopefully can somehow have a huge 2 weeks and sneak into the top 1,000 for back to back top 1,000 finishes but it looks unlikely.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2,459
Weekly Rank: 4,446
Overall Rank: 396 (from 451)
Heroes: Sicily, Macrae(C), Treloar, Fyfe, Cripps, MCrouch, Dunkley, Danger, Heeney, Marshall (for playing the game out)
Villains: Smith, Neale, Sloane (kinda), Grundy/Gawn, Boak, Marshall (for low score)
Trades Planned: None
Comments: Will hopefully come back to edit after work

AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2,339
Weekly Rank: 23,949
Overall Rank: 35,380 (from 36,851)
Heroes: Dunkley, Fyfe, Sicily, Pendles, Macrae, Danger, Cripps, Houli
Villains: Everyone under 100.
Trades Made: Lobb & Goddard to McGovern WC & Bell.
Trades Planned: NTC
Comments: Reasonably happy with this round, one rookie remains onfield being Chol which hurts. I had 10 scores above 80 & below 99. Good luck to all in contention, it's going to be an interesting couple of rounds.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good news everyone - you can now freely post here knowing that you won't have the worst score in the topic. Fairly sure I have that one wrapped up (again).

Score: 1,988
Weekly Rank: 91,822
Overall Rank: 53,041 (from 48,793)
Heroes: Stewart, Fyfe, Cripps, Pendlebury, Dramafield
Villains: The 11 "premiums" I have that scored below 100 (plus a few rookies).
Trades: What are they?
Comments: Even if I had of chosen my highest scorer as captain and the best on field players, my max score was 2,008 this week. Yeah.

EPL season started this week, I top scored in the main SCS comp despite having very little idea what I was doing there. I expect it was a one time fluke. Maybe I have found the sport I should stick to in future though as the AFL sure doesn't seem to suit me. This site currently has the #1 ranked league too for EPL (and #18). Good job to everyone else there, keep it up!

Congrats to all those doing well, and good luck for the next two rounds.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,465
Weekly Rank: top 2%
Overall Rank: 715 (from 903)
Heroes: Fyfe, Cripps, Dramafield, Sic Dog in the snow, Treloar, Macrae, Houli, zmerrett, Dunkley, GREENE
Villains: hurn and for the second week in a row, Munday, bloody Munday.
Trades: yeah one injury trade left, but hopefully wheeling out Jelly from the bench. Rocky +18.2k to a forward? I'm open to suggestions.
Comments: made finals in 6/7 leagues including 2/3 cash leagues. Still in it for all of those, so still rather interested.

Any opinions on Mundy for the final two rounds? To say it politely I'm a little concerned.

Guns and rookies next year again, loved the change from being a die hard mid priced madness disciple.

AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2,232
Weekly Rank: 48.164
Overall Rank: 48,735
Heroes: Shaw, Sicily, Simpson, Brouches first half, Cripps, Fyfe, Treloar, Heeney, Danger
Villains: Lloyd, Jelwood, Sloane, Captain Neale, VC Grundy, Mundy, Westhoff, Lynch
Trades: (I am still trying believe it or not), Rockliff to Martin:(:mad::confused::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:censored::cry::cry::cry:. Surely if he is sore on Saturday morning he was sore on Friday at 5 p.m. already.
Comments: Nuff said in my trades comments!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,430
Weekly Rank: 7,674
Overall Rank: 10,843 (from 12,070)
Heroes: Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Heeney, Sicily
Villains: Neale, Grundy, Gawn, Cameron, Zieball, Gunston
Trades Made: none
Trades Planned: two trades left, maybe someone to someone for cash and Cameron or Gunston out to Dunkley

Comments:
Can I make the top 10k?! Didn't think that would be a question I would be asking myself this season... Comes down to the fact that half my fwd line sucks and it irritates me to no end.

Replace Gunston, Cameron and Zieball with Dunkley, Boak and Marshall/Worpel/someonelessspudlike and my rank might be ok. The fault goes right back to the starting team of Darling and Mundy at F3 and F4... Lesson learnt - don't be cute with kpps, pick the obvious and younger mid/fwds.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I have noticed a drop off in the number of reviews as our teams fall away. I’m not one of those ... if I have to suffer through the weekend, you can all suffer through my review.

Score: 2,049
Weekly Rank: 82,757
Overall Rank: 50,964 (From 47,594)
Heroes: Mouch, Sicily, Cripps, Danger, Darling, Heeney
Villains: Heppell (c), Cameron, Hurn, Jelwood, Gray, Brayshaw, BSmith
Trades Planned: still holding that precious last one.
Comments: Copped a donut courtesy of ROB which really sums up my year that he missed the very week Grundy and Gawn play each other. Heppell (c) was just a “desperate people do desperate things” move and it was going to be him or Darling, so of course I chose the wrong one! No one else may have noticed this, but when you are out of every single league your weekly feed shows up as 10/10 league wins! Go me! ?

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,471
Weekly Rank: 3,500
Overall Rank:
2,850 (+604)
Heroes: Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Sicily, Howe, Treloar, MCrouch, Dunks, Danger,
Villains: Neale, Grundy, Gawn, Hurn, Boak, RGray
Trades Made: JKelly to Treloar

Comments: Gray on the field over Heeney hurt me by 40pts, unfortunately, didn't read Quite Ironic feedback in time.

Won my cash league and bounced back this week, first time with a full side since round 10.

Lost SCS07 elimination, Won Old Boys elimination.

Not much left in the tank, could trade a Hawkins or Gray. Need Chol/Dunley to get dropped to improving looping options.

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,478
Weekly Rank: 3,018
Overall Rank: 474(From 585)
Heroes: Stewart, Macrae, Fyfe (C), Cripps, Merett, M Crouch!!!, Duncan, Dunkley, Danger,Heeney
Villains: Hurn, Boak and anyone who scored under 100!
Trades Planned: One last trade just incase!
Comments: Had a week off on most leagues. Decided to change C to Fyfe 5 mins before doggies game, few extra points gained there from Macrae, have Gawn as a POD this week against a ruckless Swans, really hoping for a big one!

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 2305
Weekly Rank: 31,429
Overall Rank: 10,159 (from 9366)
Heroes: J Macrae (C), J Sicily, P Dangerfield, I Heeney. Z Merrett, P Cripps and N Fyfe
Villains: R Gray, J Westhoff, S Hurn, R Sloane, D Mundy and R Marshall
Comments: Another poor round of under-performing "premiums" but hopefully I can regain the services of J Kelly after a lengthy absence and Sloane and Marshall can avoid an absence allowing me to finally field my full strength side and increase my chances for a 2400.

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,364
Weekly Rank: 18,740
Overall Rank: 3,212 (from 2,991)
Heroes: Macrae, Fyfe, Rozee, Sicily, Cripps, M.Crouch, Dunkley
Villains: Taranto (Again), J.Cameron (Again), Hurn, Neale, Grundy, Boak
Trades Planned: ???
Comments: Not a poor week, but not flash either. Won my Premier League Final which was unexpected considering my teams recent form. So happy to be heading to the Prelim. Hate continuously losing ranking spots though…. Too many premo’s not even getting anywhere their averages.

Neale failed as VC in a week where Gawn & Grundy weren’t really viable options. Macrae got the job done though so that was good.

Well done to all the coaches who had monster scores and League wins this week!!

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,468
Weekly Rank: 3,723
Overall Rank: 258 (from 303)
Heroes: Sicily, Jeremy Howe, Fyfe, Macrae C, Cripps, Matt Crouch, Danger, Dunkley, Heeney, Marshall for doing reasonably well despite an injury scare
Villains: J Lloyd, Neale, Matt Crouch for cleaning up Sloane! (even if he made up for it), Taranto & Boak
Trades made: None last week
Trades planned: If Taranto is injured I'll use my last trade to trade him to Zorko.
Comments: Strange week, a lot of mammoth scores and a lot of bad and average ones. Could have been huge had Marshall and Sloane not got injured but I'll take it.

Looks like Taranto could be injured but hard to know yet, I reckon I prefer Zorko over Yeo because of the potential for another Hawthorn tag on Yeo. Pretty happy I traded Luke Ryan to Howe as it enables me to make this move. Fingers crossed on Marshall and Sloane (y)

About to join the No Trades Club, which should be a bit of fun :) it's been a good year.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 3,723
Weekly Rank: top 2%
Overall Rank: 258 (from 303)
Heroes: Sicily, Jeremy Howe, Fyfe, Macrae C, Cripps, Matt Crouch, Danger, Dunkley, Heeney, Marshall for doing reasonably well despite an injury scare
Villains: J Lloyd, Neale, Matt Crouch for cleaning up Sloane! (even if he made up for it), Taranto & Boak
Trades made: None last week
Trades planned: If Taranto is injured I'll use my last trade to trade him to Zorko.
Comments: Strange week, a lot of mammoth scores and a lot of bad and average ones. Could have been huge had Marshall and Sloane not got injured but I'll take it.

Looks like Taranto could be injured but hard to know yet, I reckon I prefer Zorko over Yeo because of the potential for another Hawthorn tag on Yeo. Pretty happy I traded Luke Ryan to Howe as it enables me to make this move. Fingers crossed on Marshall and Sloane (y)

About to join the No Trades Club, which should be a bit of fun :) it's been a good year.
Wow, 3723, great score ?

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,393
Weekly Rank: 13,232
Overall Rank: 356 (from 325)
Heroes: Macrae (C), Dunkley, Fyfe, Sicily, Dangerfield, Cripps, Treloar, Stewart, Marshall [for playing out the game]
Villains: Boak, Hurn, Mundy, Sloane, Lloyd, Neale, Grundy, Laird, Whitfield, Gawn
Trades Used: None
Trades Planned: Will likely use my final two trades to try and hold my rank these last two rounds.

Comments: A bit of a disappointing week, a straight sets SCS PL finals exit. Plenty of ordinary scores, furious at Matt Crouch for ending Sloane's game when he was on fire, and to make it worse Sloane was my POD in most league matches and Crouch was in just about ever team I was versing. May need to trade Sloane if he misses this week, hopefully big Row Marshall is fine to go this week. Mundy is infuriating, need to find myself a FWD somehow with the serious lack of cash in the bank.

Goodluck to those still in finals, and also to those pushing for rankings late in the year.

Also, it is great to see SCS members posting their reviews even if they haven't had a great week or season. I for one love reading everyones experiences week-to-week, and it can be great learning for the seasons ahead.

TerryB

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
St Kilda
Score: 2625
Weekly Rank: 5
Overall Rank: 834 (from 1,744)
Heroes: Macrae (C), MCrouch, Dunkley, Darling, Sicily, Dangerfield, Merrett, Cripps, Fyfe, Treloar, Greene
Villains: Marshall (but he can be forgiven), Smith, Lloyd, Grundy
Comments: Averaged 2557 in the last 5 rounds which has improved my overall rank from 5111 to 834 in that time.
My 2 POD, Darling and Greene have really delivered most of this time. MCrouch finally delivered this week.
No trades left, so fingers crossed from here on.

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,531
Weekly Rank: 743
Overall Rank: 7,422 (from 9,682)
Heroes: Macrae (C), Dunkley, Worpel, Sicily, Treloar, Crouch
Villains: Hurn, Mundy (Ross Lyon c;mon man)
Trades Used: None
Trades Planned: Leaving the last trade for injury / withdrawal this week / next

Comments: A Haven't visited the forum a whole lot this season, but just managed to get through the season to this point so far with Stefan Martin over Grundy (yes I know how many points I've missed out on rip) and having wasted two trades trading out/in Mundy (Ross Lyon looking at you). Two back to back 2,500+ weeks this week and last week mean I'm in made top half Prelims for 5/6 of my leagues, with a full decked out team (and a trade in the bank)

Went Kelly to Treloar last week for finals (hit the jackpot with the 177), but slightly annoyed didn't pull the trigger 2-3 weeks earlier (cost me at least 200 points)

Managed to get to end part of the season (almost) with at least one trade and a full team ready for Prelims & hopefully, Grand Finals next week!

AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,587
Weekly Rank: 87th
Overall Rank: 99th (from 218th)
Heroes: M.Crouch, Macrae (C), Dunkley, Fyfe, Sicily, Dangerfield, Cripps, Stewart, Greene, Z.Merrett, Heeney
Villains: Boak, Lloyd, Neale, Grundy
Trades Used: Lycett - Greene
Trades Planned: N/A

Comments: My best week of SuperCoach for the year, and if weekly ranks are to go by my 2nd best week of all time after the famous round many years ago when 5 teams scored over 3000. Almost everything went right with my pods firing all at once and pods i don't own scoring low in the same round. Didn't think top 100 was a possibility but I've halved my ranking in a week, hopefully can hold on for 2 more now.

Was a genuine coin toss between Walters, Worpel, Billings and Greene as a replacement for Lycett if he didn't get up. Initially had Billings, moved onto Walters Thursday night, was going Worpel an hour before the bounce and then with Hopper out i settled on Greene. Rewarded nicely first up and is a huge pod so hopefully he can maintain it for the remaining games. Just the 1 trade left so will look to hold for this week and assess next round if there is an injury, suspension or resting. If not, might consider a sideways trade to Marshall vsing a ruck less Swans.

SCSBotB still holding a size able lead with 2 weeks to go, can almost confidently say we have it barring an absolute disaster. Congrats to all coaches on a wonderful year, will look to invite almost everyone back but an unlucky 1 or 2 might have to make way for a few other keen coaches. Regardless, you've played a part in the best league of the year. SCS$A going down to the wire, 34 points off 1st. Been trailing all year, hopefully can claim the top spot and make a few $$ back.