Discussion Round 21: Teams & In Game Discussion

How many MAJOR league finals are you still alive in...?

• 10 - It has been a great year

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 8-9

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 2-3

Votes: 14 26.4%

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • 0 - Already planning for 2020

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Carlton
Geelong Cats 2019: Gary Rohan to miss at least two, as minimum three changes expected at Cats
LACHIE YOUNG, Chief football writer, Geelong Advertiser
August 6, 2019 8:40am
Subscriber only
GEELONG is expected to make at least three changes for the clash against North Melbourne this Saturday following its shock 34-point loss to Fremantle on the weekend.
The Cats rested veteran defender Harry Taylor and livewire recruit Luke Dahlhaus for the Dockers game while running back man Mark O’Connor was a late out with a toe injury.
All three are likely to come straight into the side to take on the Kangaroos at GMHBA Stadium, with Dahlhaus seen as an automatic replacement in attack for Gary Rohan, who should learn the extent of the damage to his knee today after undergoing scans on Monday.
Geelong was hopeful last night that Rohan would receive positive news on his knee, but given his injury history Chris Scott said the club will take a conservative approach with his return to football regardless of the outcome.

“It looks like (he will miss) a couple,” Scott said.

“We are going to be really careful with him because he has been important for us and has been one of the individuals that has helped change the way that we play.
“When the medicos thought that it would have some impact on future weeks if he went back out there we binned him straight away, but it looks like a couple and we are optimistic it may only be two, but if it is three he will come back and he will play a role for us, I have got no doubt.”
With both Taylor and O’Connor in the mix to make their way back into the Cats team the focus will turn to the defence to see who makes way for the North Melbourne game, but there could be additional changes made after some strong showings at VFL level from several players who have their eye on earning a taste of senior footy in the back end of the 2019 season.
Quinton Narkle is leading the way following another standout performance in the 23-point win against Port Melbourne, with his 20 disposals, nine clearances, six inside-50s, seven score involvements and six tackles putting him front and centre for what could be his first AFL match in 12 months.

Narkle has been close to getting the nod in recent weeks and only enhanced his chances with his solid outing against the Borough, while Rhys Stanley, James Parsons, Charlie Constable and Darcy Fort also put their hands up.
Brandan Parfitt has now missed three games with a back injury and could also come into calculations if he manages to get through training and pass a fitness test this week.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is good news. They should replace it with a SuperCoach based competition where players / teams are required to maximise total SC points and the team with the most points wins. Teams will still kick goals etc, but the winner is based on SC points.
It's probably a stupid idea, but could also be a bit of fun :p
The downside is that it could distort pre-season form lines o_O

AFL Club
Richmond
Was a dumb idea that shouldn't have got the time it did.

AFL - how about giving the women's comp the oxygen and support it deserves?!
It was never designed to please the rusted on fans like you or I. It was designed as an entree of sorts, to entice new fans and kids to come over to our game. I didn’t like it, but I understood why the AFL introduced the idea.

Given the appalling standard, I’d say the AFLW gets more than enough oxygen and support than it probably should get based on merit. AFL are probably losing money supporting it as it is.

AFL Club
West Coast
It was never designed to please the rusted on fans like you or I. It was designed as an entree of sorts, to entice new fans and kids to come over to our game. I didn’t like it, but I understood why the AFL introduced the idea.

Given the appalling standard, I’d say the AFLW gets more than enough oxygen and support than it probably should get based on merit. AFL are probably losing money supporting it as it is.
Short term loss for long term gain, regarding AFLW. It's more likely than most gimmicky ideas to actually have a long term positive for the AFL.