Discussion Round 21: Teams & In Game Discussion

How many MAJOR league finals are you still alive in...?

• 10 - It has been a great year

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 8-9

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • 2-3

Votes: 14 26.4%

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • 0 - Already planning for 2020

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not offended or saying you shouldn't boo, I'm saying it's funny. I boo at games all of the time, you want to intimidate the umpires and if you look at the free kick counts its worked for you over the years. It's sometimes funny when there's a heavy boo for something that is definitely the right decision.
Yeah mate, that wasn’t having a crack at you.

That was definitely a free, just not something we see very often and easy to see how a fan at the ground without the benefit of multiple replays and commentary could think it was a bad call. I know I’ve been at games an missed things and thought it was the wrong call.

AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah mate, that wasn’t having a crack at you.

That was definitely a free, just not something we see very often and easy to see how a fan at the ground without the benefit of multiple replays and commentary could think it was a bad call. I know I’ve been at games an missed things and thought it was the wrong call.
All good I just thought it was a very West Coast thing to boo that decision and Essendon fans also boo correct decisions to help create doubt in the minds of umpires.

AFL Club
Essendon
Was on track for 2600 at half time.

Sloane, Smith, Laird, Hurn. What a disaster of a quarter. At least Crouch is going huge.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All good I just thought it was a very West Coast thing to boo that decision and Essendon fans also boo correct decisions to help create doubt in the minds of umpires.
Yeah Essendon are shocking. Every supporter base has the nuffies that want holding the ball as soon as the player is tackled but over my years being at Essendon games, their fans are next level nu***.

Just ticked over 2,400 with Boak’s 49, Marshall’s 81 and knee problems, Sloane getting injured and not even playing half of the game and 11 others under 100 for the week.
Sloane was actually taken out by Mrouch early in the 3rd, if that's any consolation. It's just concussion from what they've said - blurred vision after a knock to the temple / eye socket area.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
The way they treat the subjectivity of the effectiveness is ridiculous though. BCrouch gets the ball from a handball clearance kicks it 45 metres right in front of two Adelaide players to run onto, the Adelaide player knocks it forward 5 metres straight to a WC player and B.Crouch gets an ineffective kick +1sc for it.
That’s crazy. Surely Crouch (or anyone else) can’t have responsibility for the actions of the player after them in the sequence. Presumably score assists (as opposed to goal and behind assists) are rewarded precisely for that reason.

AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah Essendon are shocking. Every supporter base has the nuffies that want holding the ball as soon as the player is tackled but over my years being at Essendon games, their fans are next level nu***.
we are huge nuffies, the biggest nuffies in the league. But West Coast are the biggest booers.

AFL Club
West Coast
Really good tough game. Good win.

Crows unlucky to be in a situation where they had to win and had to travel and play last years premiers.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
we are huge nuffies, the biggest nuffies in the league. But West Coast are the biggest booers.
Definitely it’s been a big factor in the ‘noise of affirmation’ over the years. You can bank on generally starting -5 or so in the free kick count as an opposition team heading over to Perth. Not too bad in the last year or two though more a thing 5-10 years ago.

AFL Club
Essendon
Hopefully Matt Crouch gets a bit more scaling. Important contested touches and a goal assist in the last 5 minutes.