Round 21: Trades

AFL Club
Collingwood
In the same boat as everyone with Gaff, and am currently tossing up between Pendles, Beams and Duncan. This is my final trade so really need someone durable!

Pendles last few he has torn the Lions apart and has the high ceiling, Duncan seems very consistent though.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Macrae seems like the obvious choice for Gaff but I’m potentially looking for more of a POD for the rest of finals and I’m thinking maybe Bontempelli.
His form over the past 5 has been really poor however his career averages against the last 3 teams this year makes some interesting reading;
North Melbourne: 121.3
Carlton: 95 but can see a potential Curnow tag going to Macrae
Richmond: 136.7

It will be my last trade and while I can afford Macrae, maybe the Bont is worth a look. Other options I’m looking at are Zorko and Adams

AFL Club
Brisbane
Boot Goldy or Rocky?

Goldy seemed to get his arm pulled out of its socket by Martin a couple of times... I am wondering. Have three trades, am plummeting fast down the rankings, need to downgrade 1 and upgrade 2 over two weeks... or wait one more week?

lakb24

200 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
Ok need some help with this!

I have a bye in my cash league

4 Trades left and 34k

I think I will trade Cole to Johnson to cash 180k, leaving with 214k

Or I may trade Ahern out and have 274k remaining

I want to get Gaff out for Kelly (85k) and Stef out to Grundy (105k)

Do I pull the trigger on one of these this week (most likely Gaff out) despite having a bye?

I don't think Ill be able to afford to do both if I wait a week, if I use Ahern then maybe I can wait?

Anyway interested to hear ppls thoughts

Thanks!

Ok so on this - looking at breakevens it seems the only way to afford to do this is Ahern down & Martin up this week
Followed by Gaff up to Kelly next week

What are people's thoughts on this? Too risky to trade out the rucks right now seeing as Gaff HAS to go? Or bite the bullet?

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Boot Goldy or Rocky?

Goldy seemed to get his arm pulled out of its socket by Martin a couple of times... I am wondering. Have three trades, am plummeting fast down the rankings, need to downgrade 1 and upgrade 2 over two weeks... or wait one more week?
I'd boot Rocky. Watched him live and he's just not up to it this season (not sticking tackles, getting beaten at contests, etc).

AFL Club
Essendon
If I trade Savage to Webster, I have cash for trades next week or the week after (for injuries or luxuries such as upgrading Boak). If I go Angus Brayshaw, I have no cash at all. If I go Johannisen/Tuohy/TMac, I will have a small amount of cash for trades in the last two weeks.

Looking for opinions. What would you do in my situation?

AFL Club
North Melb.
If I trade Savage to Webster, I have cash for trades next week or the week after (for injuries or luxuries such as upgrading Boak). If I go Angus Brayshaw, I have no cash at all. If I go Johannisen/Tuohy/TMac, I will have a small amount of cash for trades in the last two weeks.

I was in a very similar situation last week and was tossing up between using 1 trade on a speculative defensive pick like a Webster or a Hanley or using 2 and going for Brayshaw. I had 3 trades left at the time.

I went 2 for Brayshaw (and opened a mid/fwd link with other), he scored 115 of a total of 2658 and it won me a quali final I otherwise would have lost. Happy with my decision.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon

I'd go for Brayshaw although JJ might be an interesting POD.

I'd avoid Webster due to injury concerns

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd go for Brayshaw although JJ might be an interesting POD.

I'd avoid Webster due to injury concerns
North will try and lock down on JJ this week after witnessing how damaging he can be last week. Brad Scott is too good a coach to leave him unattended I expect

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Need to trade Gaff and really having trouble deciding between Kelly and not enough cash to be able to upgrade Ahern round 22 or round 23 vs Macrae and having enough cash to upgrade Ahern.

Thoughts?

AFL Club
Sydney
Nank needs to go to avoid a donut. Can afford anyone except Grundy unfortunately.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Need to trade Gaff and really having trouble deciding between Kelly and not enough cash to be able to upgrade Ahern round 22 or round 23 vs Macrae and having enough cash to upgrade Ahern.

Thoughts?
If you were making this decision 10 weeks ago you would have those players reversed. I wouldn’t have too much trouble going Macrae over Jelly but it probably depends on who you would get for Ahern. There are not too many reliable forwards who are must haves at the moment and if you have them already it might influence the decision.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Thoughts?
Probably Macrae and the cash I reckon mate. TBH can't see there being too much different between Kel and Macrae from here.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve got 1 cash league left this week and need to get the win against my arch rival. Unfortunately he’s got a much better team than me with Yeo, Jake Lloyd and Josh Kelly to my Webster, Crisp and JPK. The rest of our teams are pretty much the same.
Only got 2 trades left and no cash so not a heap of options.
Do you think I should do a 1 down 1 up and get rid of JPK for a pod like Zorko and hope he goes nuts or try to get Webster up to Yeo/Lloyd to negate a pod for him.
The other option is to trade JPK and Webster to 2 Richmond players because they’re playing Gold Coast and hope they score 130’s each, like Lambert and Ellis or something. Probably a bit of a Hail mary.

AFL Club
Brisbane
please help, have no loophole options. 2 trades left. full benches. would you downgrade a playing player, e.g. Giro to a Sunday playing FD m/f for the last 3 rounds? leaves me $$$ and 1 trade.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW, clock is ticking :);)

AFL Club
West Coast
please help, have no loophole options. 2 trades left. full benches. would you downgrade a playing player, e.g. Giro to a Sunday playing FD m/f for the last 3 rounds? leaves me $$$ and 1 trade.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW, clock is ticking :);)
depends if it gives you enough cash to do an upgrade if needed. why the rush, Giro plays last game on Sunday.

my suggestion if you do is Johnston dpp at Melb.

AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve got 1 cash league left this week and need to get the win against my arch rival. Unfortunately he’s got a much better team than me with Yeo, Jake Lloyd and Josh Kelly to my Webster, Crisp and JPK. The rest of our teams are pretty much the same.
Only got 2 trades left and no cash so not a heap of options.
Do you think I should do a 1 down 1 up and get rid of JPK for a pod like Zorko and hope he goes nuts or try to get Webster up to Yeo/Lloyd to negate a pod for him.
The other option is to trade JPK and Webster to 2 Richmond players because they’re playing Gold Coast and hope they score 130’s each, like Lambert and Ellis or something. Probably a bit of a Hail mary.
Crisp and JPK the better of the three. Webster to Yeo maybe if doing anything.

AFL Club
Brisbane
depends if it gives you enough cash to do an upgrade if needed. why the rush, Giro plays last game on Sunday.

my suggestion if you do is Johnston dpp at Melb.
thanks for the reply, yes Johnston is my go to. I just can't captain loophole if i don't bring someone in as all my E are playing or tonight/1st game tomorrow. or do i just back Titch?

EDIT - i think i understand now. if Titch goes big i can loop him later as Giro can be traded later on....thank you

AFL Club
Sydney
Nank needs to go to avoid a donut. Can afford anyone except Grundy unfortunately.
Any thoughts would be good. I’m leaning Stef, hoping Brisbane pit him directly against Grundy this week!