Strategy Round 21 Trades

Professor

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone notice if Sicilys role changed after Birch injured himself last week
Good question, I wasn't watching, but with Birch out, you'd have to think his scoring should increase. Although Clarko trying to expand Sicily's roles on key position players.

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good question, I wasn't watching, but with Birch out, you'd have to think his scoring should increase. Although Clarko trying to expand Sicily's roles on key position players.
Anyone notice if Sicilys role changed after Birch injured himself last week
From the TV coverage, Sicily was putrid in Q1. North played a really good brand of footy against us. He was playing on younger smaller forward, Simpkin IRRC. Appeared to be trying to zone off and get intercept marks. Had to be careful though, North appeared conscious of using his player, same as last week. Might be difficult in the hail tomorrow night to get a bag of intercept marks though...

NT.Thunder

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
GWS Giants
From the TV coverage, Sicily was putrid in Q1. North played a really good brand of footy against us. He was playing on younger smaller forward, Simpkin IRRC. Appeared to be trying to zone off and get intercept marks. Had to be careful though, North appeared conscious of using his player, same as last week. Might be difficult in the hail tomorrow night to get a bag of intercept marks though...
Thanks - wondering if I should cut my losses and move him to Whitfield in 1 trade or use 2 of my remaining 3 trades and upgrade Logue to Whitfield moving Sicily to the bench to loop and as cover.

Leaves me with 1 trade the latter option and $20k which not sure I'm really comfortable with and a team.
1565230512772.png

PC

Captain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawks controlled the first quarter against the Roos, did Sic see much of the ball?

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks - wondering if I should cut my losses and move him to Whitfield in 1 trade or use 2 of my remaining 3 trades and upgrade Logue to Whitfield moving Sicily to the bench to loop and as cover.

Leaves me with 1 trade the latter option and $20k which not sure I'm really comfortable with and a team.
View attachment 10710
Team looks great. I'm confident Sicily is as good as any other D6 e.g. Crisp, Birchall out helps with that.

Whitfield is an auto in. Boak F6 and Jelly M8 are the other 2 I'd like for uber premo complete. Probs give Jelly at least one match, but rnd 23 save your last for him!

2 trades or 1, depends, with 3 rounds to go you could flick/switch 1 around each week, there does however have to be some expected increase in points from a viable loop in Sic dog and crisp this week, with some offset by running a rookie if 2 non defence outs over 2-3 rounds.

I've gone to 23 promos (Rocky M9) and 1 trade and $18k. I don't want run Logue ever again. So I'd pi$$ him off. I'm not sure who else you cut, but if they are worth less than D Clarke I'd hold them and bank the extra cash from culling Clarke for your final trade. Get a MF dpp so you use Larky to cover via dunkley et al...if sh!t hits the fan.

lappinitup

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Carlton
Thoughts team:

Use last two trades to upgrade ROB to Gawn (even though playing Grundy this week) leaving no cover for injuries in last 2 weeks OR wait another week in case of injuries, especially since Gawn is unlikely to go 125 plus this week - may cost be another 15k, however i have that.

Think with the way I have phrased above, I know which way I am leaning.

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thoughts team:

Use last two trades to upgrade ROB to Gawn (even though playing Grundy this week) leaving no cover for injuries in last 2 weeks OR wait another week in case of injuries, especially since Gawn is unlikely to go 125 plus this week - may cost be another 15k, however i have that.

Think with the way I have phrased above, I know which way I am leaning.
Yeah, and after this round he has one horrible and then one great matchup....

bunlit

150 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
2 trades and 125k with no bench cover. Do I go Rockliff to Bont, E.Curnow to Treloar or hold trades.

Last edited:

dicksilverman

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane
Having second thoughts. Should I go:

Andrews to Whitfield
Or
Rocky to Treloar.

Pretty sold on option 1.

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So will trade Kelly now.

Fyfe vs Treloar vs Marshall?
Tough... 1. 3. 2 perhaps? Treloar is in very, very, very good form though...and Fyfe's elbow...it could just as easily be the other way round... I would think Fyfe takes out a negative pod against most teams though.

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Jezza named is great news for me but as I do not trust GWS injury news at all, I may need an option ready should he be a late out and Parker also gets dropped (plan is to use remaining trades for donuts only so I would hold if Parker plays). Limited to options under $485k.

Any thoughts on: TLynch v Hawkins v Robinson v Wingard?

Wingards increased mid time of late makes him look pretty safe but ceilings of TLynch and Hawkins could be handy for me if they click on the run home.

Leaning towards Hawkins if I have to but hoping JCameron just plays.

Zim^zuM

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Bulldogs
Tough... 1. 3. 2 perhaps? Treloar is in very, very, very good form though...and Fyfe's elbow...it could just as easily be the other way round... I would think Fyfe takes out a negative pod against most teams though.
Thats what im looking at in my cash league. Cancelling a negative pod.

All is Wells

50 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
Jezza named is great news for me but as I do not trust GWS injury news at all, I may need an option ready should he be a late out and Parker also gets dropped (plan is to use remaining trades for donuts only so I would hold if Parker plays). Limited to options under $485k.

Any thoughts on: TLynch v Hawkins v Robinson v Wingard?

Wingards increased mid time of late makes him look pretty safe but ceilings of TLynch and Hawkins could be handy for me if they click on the run home.

Leaning towards Hawkins if I have to but hoping JCameron just plays.
Prefer R. Gray to all of them. Remaining 3 games all winnable, 2 at home and less likely to get a <50 those those key fwds