Discussion Round 22: Trades

NT.Thunder

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
GWS Giants
2 trades left here.

I'm too scared to use my trades this week after offloading Sicily to Whitfield last week.

Unless there's injuries maybe I'll hold and hope for final week carnage.

Might even end up not using them 😮

jobeywatto

300 Games Club
AFL Club
Essendon
2 trades left.

Thinking Birchall > Carter, D.Clarke > Worpel/Duncan/Merrett/Zorko/Ross. Can afford any mid under 550k. Will allow me to bench/loophole Rockliff for the last 2 rounds.

Thinking Worpel - his recent form has been great, but he has WCE away in R23. Duncan another great option with Carlton in R23 but recent form hasn't been amazing. Essendon are so terrible right now that it makes me want to avoid Merrett. Zorko in good form but can cop a tag and score under 80 out of nowhere. Ross probably gets the Hewett tag in R23.

Eagling

400 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
1 trade left; will use it to upgrade Clarke to the best ppg upgrade under $608k - if I knew what that was.
Def: Whitfield, Lloyd, Hurn, Williams, Sicily, Smith, (Carter, Gardner)

Mid: Macrae, Bontempelli, Oliver, Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Zorko, Josh Kelly, (Clarke, Hind, Owies)

Ruc: Goldstein, Gawn, (Bines)

Fwd: Dunkley, Heeney, Dangerfield, Kelly, Gray, Darling, (Cameron (WC), Bell)

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As usual I've been playing around with my tables again (whilst I still have trade/s left). This one will focus on Defenders .... as usual I don't have the trade answers as everyone has different goals, numbers of trades left, opinions on certain players, upcoming draws etc

- As said before, I use this format to visualise info in a more comprehensive "overarching" format and see no harm in sharing

1565597285681.png
Notes:
- I used an ~87 ave cut off when selecting players to look at ... added Haynes this week ...
- There might be some gremlins as I work out my own BE's (thanks to THCLT), Ave's etc

Abbreviations used:
- OR (overall average ranking from the selected players)
- 3R and 3 Rnd (3 round ranking / average)
- 5R and 5 Rnd (5 round ranking / average)
- $ PP (current $ cost per point scored)
- MN (Magic Number of my full competition players calculated $ PP ave form last week)
- BE - ave (difference between my calculated BE and the players current average)

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here is my Midfielders version .... same caveats as before regarding specific trades and calculated BE's

1565597473544.png

Notes:
- I used an ~97 ave cut off when selecting players to look at ... I've added Ross this week ....
- There might be some gremlins as I work out my own BE's (thanks to THCLT), Ave's etc

Abbreviations used:
- MN (Magic Number of my full competition players calculated $ PP ave from last week)
- BE - ave (difference between my calculated BE and the players current average)

Tails

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lastly, here is my Forwards version .... same caveats as before regarding specific trades and calculated BE's

1565598257347.png
Notes:
- I used an ~87 ave cut off when selecting players to look at ...

Abbreviations used:
- MN (Magic Number of my full competition players calculated $ PP ave from last week)

Last edited:

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1 trade left; will use it to upgrade Clarke to the best ppg upgrade under $608k - if I knew what that was.
Def: Whitfield, Lloyd, Hurn, Williams, Sicily, Smith, (Carter, Gardner)

Mid: Macrae, Bontempelli, Oliver, Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Zorko, Josh Kelly, (Clarke, Hind, Owies)

Ruc: Goldstein, Gawn, (Bines)

Fwd: Dunkley, Heeney, Dangerfield, Kelly, Gray, Darling, (Cameron (WC), Bell)
I would have said Marshall but knee has me worried. Perhaps, something left field like Jaeger or Issac Smith vs GCS

pizza safety

AFL Club
Essendon
Seems like Taranto could have a hamstring. Hopefully Sloane and Marshall are ok because I’ve only got 1 trade left.

Going for Zorko as a pod with a high ceiling if that is true. He’s averaged 116 in his last 13 games unaffected by injury (61 vs dogs with hamstring tightness). Can’t afford Bont or Treloar unfortunately. Can also afford Zerrett and Yeo but think I prefer Zorko. Howe could tag Yeo again.

Love to watch him play so why not have some fun.

randomcliche

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Waited far too long to trade Cameron unfortunately....

Looks like this is the week if he’s injured - Cameron to Wingard or Hawkins or Billings
I like both those options, and Menegola.

If Marshall is out I trade. I can just buy swap to Boak. Or I can do Rocky to most of the above with available $476,300, so no billings unfortunately.

Or I can go Greene to Boak if Mashall named and Jelly and de Boar named.

Anyways, welcome everyone's thoughts, team below. Screenshot_20190812-230711_Chrome.jpg

Darkie

AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like Taranto could have a hamstring. Hopefully Sloane and Marshall are ok because I’ve only got 1 trade left.

Going for Zorko as a pod with a high ceiling if that is true. He’s averaged 116 in his last 13 games unaffected by injury (61 vs dogs with hamstring tightness). Can’t afford Bont or Treloar unfortunately. Can also afford Zerrett and Yeo but think I prefer Zorko. Howe could tag Yeo again.

Love to watch him play so why not have some fun.
Worth flagging that I reckon his ceiling may not be as high as it used to be. Could still be a good pick though.

GrainFedBeef

400 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
I like both those options, and Menegola.

If Marshall is out I trade. I can just buy swap to Boak. Or I can do Rocky to most of the above with available $476,300, so no billings unfortunately.

Or I can go Greene to Boak if Mashall named and Jelly and de Boar named.

Anyways, welcome everyone's thoughts, team below. View attachment 10859
Mundy is your weakness, although, not many players around Rocky's price that have an attractive game this week.

I have Hawkins and wonder whether I upgrade him to a 500k mid. Again, nothing stands out and Brisbane has conceded to fwds.

AFL Club
Collingwood
1 trade left, but have both Sloane and Marshall I'm worried one or both may miss. If Marshall misses, I can go straight to Dunkley, if Sloane misses, I have 511k to play with - thinking Duncan is the best pick, but Dusty after a week off is tempting!

dicksilverman

Michael Tuck Club
AFL Club
Brisbane
Rocky to Dusty, last trade? fraught with danger but i need to win my 2 elimination cash league finals.

maybe not.......

Woodsey

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Sloane to any midfielder under 505k if Sloanes is out for the week. Thinking of Dusty and leaves 1 trade for carnage.

Alternatively I could downgrade Hately/Baker/Clarke and go up to anybody.

frosty1

I'm finding it hard to get up for these last 2 weeks. Leagues over (I blame Hinkley), rubbish overall ranking that has been in free fall from the moment Charlie Curnow got injured.

What random POD should I trade in this week. Someone with 2 big games in them at any price, but at lowish ownership.

Even better if you can find me 2.

pizza safety

AFL Club
Essendon
Worth flagging that I reckon his ceiling may not be as high as it used to be. Could still be a good pick though.
Fair call that’s pretty correct. I’d prefer Zerrett and Yeo if Zerrett didn’t have Collingwood where we might get thumped and Yeo didn’t have Hawthorn who tagged him last time round. Zorko a bit of a pod as well so a bit more of a chance to let me finish higher. I also don’t reckon the tigers midfield stops mids from scoring well, it’s the other players in the team that are most affected. So I think Zorko can score pretty well even if he’s done a lot of damage this year in wins.