Discussion Round 22: Trades

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I like both those options, and Menegola.

If Marshall is out I trade. I can just buy swap to Boak. Or I can do Rocky to most of the above with available $476,300, so no billings unfortunately.

Or I can go Greene to Boak if Mashall named and Jelly and de Boar named.

Anyways, welcome everyone's thoughts, team below. View attachment 10859
I’d hold that one trade in your shoes if you have no outs. Greene has been in quite good form and still could get decent mid time with Cogs out

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Waited far too long to trade Cameron unfortunately....

Looks like this is the week if he’s injured - Cameron to Wingard or Hawkins or Billings
Plan now is to get Billings if Cameron is out on Thursday or Wingard if he’s a late out on Sunday.

Never mind the poor performance, the injury headache has not been worth it. Lesson learnt for the future.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’d hold that one trade in your shoes if you have no outs. Greene has been in quite good form and still could get decent mid time with Cogs out
I might do that, I probably should do that, but straight swap to Mundy to Menegola... (or Wingard) Oh, so tempting... But Mundy was switched to the midfield at half time last week. Perhaps I'll take the gamble that he stays there and returns to some semblance of form... Thanks for the sense. Now to see if I can finish the season with a trade in hand! Only 2 weeks to avoid that trigger!

AFL Club
Essendon
Do I trade Taranto out regardless with my final trade? Has been a liability lately. Can go to Zorko, Zerrett or Yeo. If Sloane is out I’ll likely move him on for one of those names.

Seems like Marshall is fine too.

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Do I trade Taranto out regardless with my final trade? Has been a liability lately. Can go to Zorko, Zerrett or Yeo. If Sloane is out I’ll likely move him on for one of those names.

Seems like Marshall is fine too.
I would be planning for Marshall and Sloane to play.

Zorko with Geelong and Richmond looks promising, both give up to midfielders in most games.
Merrett with Freo and Pies also good.
Yeo has Richmond then Hawks. Hawks did tag him in last game. Hopefully Hutchings goes back to midfield tag role and frees up Yeo more.

re Taranto, Bulldogs punish opposing midfielders. Although has GC next week. Really depends if going for league (tough game yes) or overall (more value if a premium out next week).

AFL Club
Essendon
I would be planning for Marshall and Sloane to play.

Zorko with Geelong and Richmond looks promising, both give up to midfielders in most games.
Merrett with Freo and Pies also good.
Yeo has Richmond then Hawks. Hawks did tag him in last game. Hopefully Hutchings goes back to midfield tag role and frees up Yeo more.

re Taranto, Bulldogs punish opposing midfielders. Although has GC next week. Really depends if going for league (tough game yes) or overall (more value if a premium out next week).
Going for overall more than league but I care about both.

Feel like being risky and seeing if I can get through this week without an injury.

I think that’s pretty decent advice, the concern is Taranto is now 3/6 scores in the 70’s, and just can’t kick to save himself.

AFL Club
West Coast
Going for overall more than league but I care about both.

Feel like being risky and seeing if I can get through this week without an injury.

I think that’s pretty decent advice, the concern is Taranto is now 3/6 scores in the 70’s, and just can’t kick to save himself.
I feel ya. Have Hawkins with Gray now on the bench. Weighing up trading one to boost midfield (have one dpp in the mids). Can get to a $510k player for Hawkins.

AFL Club
Essendon
I feel ya. Have Hawkins with Gray now on the bench. Weighing up trading one to boost midfield (have one dpp in the mids). Can get to a $510k player for Hawkins.
Not a bad plan but Hawkins has looked decent lately, although it looks like you have good cover. I’ll probably hold off on my trade due to the chance somebody misses the final week and make a luxury trade then if it’s possible.

Last edited:
I'm finding it hard to get up for these last 2 weeks. Leagues over (I blame Hinkley), rubbish overall ranking that has been in free fall from the moment Charlie Curnow got injured.

What random POD should I trade in this week. Someone with 2 big games in them at any price, but at lowish ownership.

Even better if you can find me 2.
I suppose Benny Brown with an outside Coleman chance and Tomahawk (higher ownership) up forward. James Worpel also higher ownership but with strong form, DPP and GCS this week.
If you have a blank chequebook, Josh Kelly in the mids, otherwise Taylor Adams, Elliot Yeo, Jarryd Lyons.
In DEF line, Rampe, Blicavs, Howe, Grandpa Simpson.
Good luck and have fun with it.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm finding it hard to get up for these last 2 weeks. Leagues over (I blame Hinkley), rubbish overall ranking that has been in free fall from the moment Charlie Curnow got injured.

What random POD should I trade in this week. Someone with 2 big games in them at any price, but at lowish ownership.

Even better if you can find me 2.
These 3 are superpod.
Seb Ross (plays Carlton and Sydney, someone has got get those 3.3k points)
Dan Hannerbury, as above.
Chad Wingard, forward playing some mid = tick

Higher ownership, Greene, with Cogs and Hopper out, perhaps can stay in the mids... but if Kelly and De Boar named be cautious and just grab Kelly (GCS in final week!) Even if Greene does go forward could go massive just kicking it over the umpire's head.

AFL Club
West Coast
Not a bad plan but Hawkins has looked decent lately, although it looks like you have good cover. I’ll probably hold off on my trade due to the chance somebody misses the final week and make a luxury trade then if it’s possible.
Yeah, Brisbane look like they give up points to key forwards. Hopefully Chol doesn't play and I can look at Hawkins score. Can use a trade to dpp Gray for Chol then if needed, in a "break the glass" emergency situation.

These 3 are superpod.
Seb Ross (plays Carlton and Sydney, someone has got get those 3.3k points)
Dan Hannerbury, as above.
Chad Wingard, forward playing some mid = tick

Higher ownership, Greene, with Cogs and Hopper out, perhaps can stay in the mids... but if Kelly and De Boar named be cautious and just grab Kelly (GCS in final week!) Even if Greene does go forward could go massive just kicking it over the umpire's head.
Ha, I've had Greene for half the year. Certainly been going well lately.

Ross is an interesting one, as his ceiling is north of 150, but he can also throw a 50, and probably only goes a 80-100 on a regular week. But that ceiling might be worth it. And he seems to have turned the corner with the coaching change, at least compare to his earlier scoring.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Is it worth trading out Darling this week? 2 trades left.
He has a 112 3 Rd average but with heavy rain forecast for his game is it worth trading him out for the Worpedo against GCS?

I have Westhoff as bench cover so if he scores well I won’t bother.