Round 23: Teams and In Game Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Geelong
$750, was a $50 buy in, I think $100 went to the top point scorer and money back for the winner of the 'minor', I was a bit disappointed that $50 went to the minor, that's basically 9th.
Ahhh okay. Yeah that could be shattering. I guess you still win a fair bit.

AFL Club
Geelong
It's not a bad little collect, certainly no $50k, but worth trying to win.
Yeah exactly. Did you know that the winner of the Minor Cup would get their money back at the Start of the Season, or was it announced later in the Season?

AFL Club
Geelong
3-Quarter Time Scores
* Zorko - 63.
* Boyd - 89.
* Adcock - 62.
* R. Murphy - 85.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Rising Star Nominee
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah exactly. Did you know that the winner of the Minor Cup would get their money back at the Start of the Season, or was it announced later in the Season?
It was announced just before the start of the season, I lobbied for more to the winner, still happy to take it out though. Looks good for me.

I'm 11 points up before the last game and at 3/4 time Boyd is 89 to Zorko 63.

The_Rogues

Rising Star Nominee
I'd like to thank D.Martin and M.Robinson for capping off my year with their rubbish whilst T.Cloke laughs at me from the bench.

AFL Club
Geelong
It was announced just before the start of the season, I lobbied for more to the winner, still happy to take it out though. Looks good for me.

I'm 11 points up before the last game and at 3/4 time Boyd is 89 to Zorko 63.
Ahk. What was your rank before finals began?

SCSS

Rookie
@Damoz
0 votes for you. Yarran has played every game averaged 76 and cost $256k pre round 15, he was a great pick up.

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Zorko finishes with a solid 80. Season over fellas now to find out our rankings and the winner!!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
@Damoz
0 votes for you. Yarran has played every game averaged 76 and cost $256k pre round 15, he was a great pick up.
I don't remember Damoz putting people off Yarran, but I remember I did.
After he played only 8 of the first 12 games, and scored only 435 points, there were a lot of people jumping on board him in round 16. He came back with 98 and 114 in his first games in rounds and 14 and 15, and many thought they'd found their D6 or D7. I conceded at the time his price was cheap (it was $251,900 prior to his round 14 return, and had risen to $293,300 after his round 15 game.) Most people traded him in at round 16, when his price was $293,300. I made the statement at the time, that his scores from now (rnd 16) to the end of the season will not be D7 scores. I said I would happily bet anyone a tatts ticket he won't score 720 points (90/game) from here to the end of the season.
He ended up with 571 from those 8 games.
His 571 points has him ranked the 28th best defender in that period. (and certainly not the D7 people hoped for!)
Hardly a raging success.
Not sure I would call him a great pick up.
I'd call him a serviceable pick up, at best.

One last point. Yarran ended up averaging 71.38 in those 8 games. By the end of the season, your pricing per point goes down to something like $4,850. - 71.38 x $4,850 = $346,200, so yes, he cost those that took him in round 16 $52,900 less than what his score would have indicated. Still not what I'd call a great buy. A good buy, if you weren't in contention for any prize this year, but not a great buy.
I hope your season ended well SCSS. :)

Last edited:
AFL Club
Geelong
@Damoz
If you look at it properly, let's analyse this. Firstly, anyone over 100, or 1,000 Overall Ranking, was not going to win SC 2012. Now, 374,120 SuperCoaches. Obviously and realistically, if you were above 1,000, you would be going for League win.

So, with this in mind, when everyone jumped on Yarran, everyone was saying he was a keeper, and that he will be on the field. Now, with Carrazzo a Late Withdrawal, surely those who have him would have either had him on the Field originally, or had it as an Emergency. With this in mind, do you want a Score of 20 in a SC Grand Final, where all of your work in 2012 comes down to this last Game, and you want a 20 in the GF? I certainly wouldn't, and this is on top of Martin's terrible Score, Carrazzo's Withdrawal and Ablett (Most likely with the C), 20 Points from a Player, can really Cost you the match.

Look at the outside picture here, and you want everyone in your Team, to be getting HIGH Scores, not a 20 in the Most important Game of the SC Season. I think most would agree with me here.

sorry mate, finished on top a game clear of second.
AHHH okay. Nice work!

AFL Club
Carlton
I told everyone that wanted to get Yarran, not to get him. Look what happened. =P

3 Votes to Damoz!
With all due respect to your 3 votes..... Yarran only cost 279 K when I traded him in during round 12. My season was already shot then so Yarran was simply picked up because although he is not a consistent scorer he CAN score big for a backman and the only hope of any worthwhile goal to finish off season was the hope of one big round when a batch of my players scored big. The risk on Yarran was worth it in my situation. Not all sitations but in mine have no regrets just dissapointed this was one of the low weeks. Martin on the other hand I invested in at start of season. Massive regret there... -3 votes Dustin Martin.. please take more sleeping pills and play bush football

AFL Club
Geelong
With all due respect to your 3 votes..... Yarran only cost 279 K when I traded him in during round 12. My season was already shot then so Yarran was simply picked up because although he is not a consistent scorer he CAN score big for a backman and the only hope of any worthwhile goal to finish off season was the hope of one big round when a batch of my players scored big. The risk on Yarran was worth it in my situation. Not all sitations but in mine have no regrets just dissapointed this was one of the low weeks. Martin on the other hand I invested in at start of season. Massive regret there... -3 votes Dustin Martin.. please take more sleeping pills and play bush football
I can see where your coming from bud, but when everyone brought Yarran in, most would have wanted him being on the field, do you want a Score of 20 in the SC Grand Final where every Point counts?

AFL Club
Carlton
If you look at it properly, let's analyse this. Firstly, anyone over 100, or 1,000 Overall Ranking, was not going to win SC 2012. Now, 374,120 SuperCoaches. Obviously and realistically, if you were above 1,000, you would be going for League win.

Look at the outside picture here, and you want everyone in your Team, to be getting HIGH Scores, not a 20 in the Most important Game of the SC Season. I think most would agree with me here.
no on both counts.. (Rd 23 is no more important than rd 1, round 4, round 15 etc etc) In all honesty league stuff in supercoach is just a bit of fun if your out of the real game of winning supercoach. For mine if I cannot win the overall prize I'm going for a chance at weekly one. The league stuff is unimportant. Once I considered my start to season was too bad a start and overall prize a pipe dream I thought the only thing to salvage out of season was to trade in a way to build a team that might not be consistent but would give me some chance of getting a weekly prize if I got a bit lucky. I gave up on overall prize no later than about round 6 after horror start. Maybe if i was in leaugue for money I would trade more conservatively and skip a Yarran but for 279 K it was worth a punt.

Yarran at 279 K in round 12 fitted the bill for a backman to punt on that might pull a few rounds he could score big , but also well aware he is not a consistent scorer.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton
I can see where your coming from bud, but when everyone brought Yarran in, most would have wanted him being on the field, do you want a Score of 20 in the SC Grand Final where every Point counts?
No.. but I'm not in it for SC Grand finals...lol... unless we actually created a league where there was a draft...lol...
I actually played fantasy footy years ago but not much in last decade... I used to take punts on Grand finals... it is actually part of the fun of game... backing your own hunches and not just being conservatively ruled by stats... I won a few Grand finals :) so you just play your own way you are happy with... if you lose... so be it.. least you play it your own way...but at same time I understand you got different goals so skipping Yarran with your strategy is way to go

SCSS

Rookie
I don't really worry to much on leagues because a lot of it is luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.