North Melb.
Score: 2,249
Weekly Rank: 8,240
Overall Rank: 7,626 (from 14,166)
Heroes: Cripps (c), Libba, Grundy, Heeney, Newnes, Walsh, Scrimshaw
Villains: Crisp, MCrouch, Danger
Trades Made: Out: Fyfe/Ballard, In: Libba/Milera
Trades Planned: Rocky ???
Comments: Happy with the rise in rank for this round. Despite not owning any of the more popular players in Whitfield/Lloyd/BSmith/Neale/Rockliff/Boak/Marshall, I've somehow managed to dodged a few other bullets along the way. A few of the first batch of Rookies are starting to show signs of stalling, which is not good from an on-field or cash generation point of view.

Lost In The Sky

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,224
Weekly Rank: 13,448
Overall Rank: 28,896 (from 43,375)
Heroes: Grundy (VC), Cripps, Scrimshaw, Collins, Walsh, Boak
Villains: Danger, Oliver, M.Crouch, Williams, Moore, Parker
Trades Made: Rockliff to Libba & Darling to Boak
Trades Planned: ???
Comments: Reasonably happy with that, Good rankings jump, but still much lower than I want to be. Traded Rocky out which is probably a stupid move… But needed cash to upgrade Darling and didn’t think Rocky would respond like that from a concussion, plus will cop the Hutchings tag on Friday. Shows I have a bad read on the situation. Happy to finally nail a VC only to see that 160 get beaten by Cripps… Ahhhh.

Forward rookies really suck this year and need to find a way to get them off field ASAP. Need my Mid Premo’s in Oliver, M.Crouch & Coniglio to start acting like the elite mids they are.

Yasi

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,166
Weekly Rank: 31,545
Overall Rank: 24,017 (from 26,724)
Heroes: MUNDY, Cripps (c), Goldy, macrae, Laird, Whitfield, Gawn, heeney, scrimshaw, Walsh, Wilkie plus nice cameo from Atkins filling in for Fyfe.
Villains: Williams, Danger, butters
Trades Made: none
Trades Planned: One down one up this week likely for first upgrade of year.
Comment: Cripps kept me in touch with the Grundy owners. Mundy was amazing and hope he keeps getting the TOG now.
Have backed in all my starting premos and will try to continue to do so. Hoping Fyfe repays the faith and wouldn’t mind the Hutchins tag going to Walters this week.

Misky

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,354
Weekly Rank: 466
Overall Rank: 253 (from 1950)
Heroes: LLoyd, Whitfield, Hurn, Scrimshaw, Cripps, Neale, Coniglio, Libba, Walsh, Grundy (C), Gawn, Heeney, Newnes
Villains: Williams, Butters, Moore, Setterfield
Trades Made: None
Trades Planned: Maybe Butters to Stack, only trade, depending if Rotham is named he might be in for someone else (haven't thought that far ahead)
Comments: Well, really happy with the team, haven't had a start to the season like this in the 6 years of playing SC. I think it'll be the year of finding value to complete the team given most of the rookies are performing terrible, Tim Kelly and Fyfe on the shortlist in the coming weeks... overall very happy :)

anfa18

Vice Captain
AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,235
Weekly Rank: 10,194
Overall Rank: 34,010 (from 52,285)
Heroes: Cripps (c), Heeney, Whitfield, Hurn, Andrews, Smith, Collins, Goldy, Walsh.
Villains: M Crouch, Oliver, Danger, Williams and various rookies.
Trades Made: Gibbons to Stack
Trades Planned: Mumford/ROB and Rotham/Hore.
Comments: Not a bad week with most of my PODs doing well enough (Hurn, Andrews, Steele, Darling). English to Mumford seems logical but culling rookies may take priority this week. See what happens when teams are announced i guess.

quite ironic

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 2,200
Weekly Rank: 19.870
Overall Rank: 21,731 (from 29,175)
Heroes: Cripps (c), Goldy, Lloyd, Whitfield, Collins, Scrimshaw, Steele, Libba, Gawn, Heeney
Villains: Williams, Danger, M.Crouch, Moore, B.Crouch, Butters, Parker
Trades Made: Fyfe and Dunkley to Libba and Lloyd
Trades Planned: Butters & Parker/Setterfield to Stack and Marshall
Comment: Trades were a win for this week. Cripps Captain was a lucky break as a non Grundy owner and having the vice on Danger. Hopefully Goldy can stay in touch scoring wise with his very friendly draw coming up. Darling gets a good chance against our horrific defense this week but spewing I’ve now conceeded 207 points by making a late move of Boak to Darling after having Boak most of the pre-season. That difference is the difference between me being 21,000 and about 4,500 overall which is very frustrating. Boak, Neale and Macrae all way out of reach and overpriced imo at their current prices so won’t be getting them in anytime soon. Hopefully Brad Crouch doesn’t stall. No issues with my rookies in defense right now and only 2 on field for the midfield so Butters can go this week to make some more cash for a 250k upgrade. Forward line looking very very suspect with Setterfield, Drew, Parker and Balta all doing poorly now. Worried about their cash gen so will likely be moving one of them to Marshall this week. Badly need a rookie forward to pop up in the next week or two otherwise all my upgrades will be focused at getting Kelly in in 2 weeks (should be 450k or less) and possibly another fallen premium like Robbie Gray.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,157
Weekly Rank: 35,003
Overall Rank: 8,860 (from 6,193)
Heroes: Cripps, Grundy, Neale (C), Whitfield, Walsh, Gawn, Cogs & Smith.
Villains: Oliver, Brouch, Wallis, Danger, Moore, Williams & Kelly :mad:
Comments:
The only positive I can take out of this week is I fielded almost all the right rookies except Hore who was the most unexpected one to do well. Feel like I need to make some trades in order to turn my season around.

DEF: 7.5/10
Lachie Whitfield continues to shine as D1. Williams and Smith almost reversing their scores from last week which makes it hard to know if either will end up being keepers or needing to be upgraded. Jack Scrimshaw such a great pick up and just shy of the tonne. Duursma consistent again. Clark just doesn't seem to be able to break that magical 70 mark and is a 50-69 point player. Hore was very unexpected, and should definitely keep his spot now, glad I held him. Burgess with another below 50 score and a permanent benchwarmer still.

MID: 6.5/10
Cripps/Neale are now perma VC/C options (aswell as Grundy) with both averaging 140+! Oliver with his 3rd crappy as score which is becoming increasingly annoying. Cogs looks to be that under 105 average, just can't quite go above that 110 which I'd like. Brad Crouch very disappointing, will probably hold but is mighty tempting to offload him to Rocky.... but I just know as soon as I do it... rocky will get 30 and Brad will pump out 120+ scores. Walsh basically becoming my M3 this week, what a superstar!!! Though I looped Butters/Cousins, I was probably always going to play Cousins even if Scott donut wasn't available, 50 odd points gained there. Constable with his first average game isn't too concerning yet. Butters & Gibbons slow burners on the bench.

RUC: 10/10
Third straight week of super premo scores :)

FWD: 4/10
Worpel my highest scorer on 85 just about sums up my week. Four scores in the 60s & TIM KELLY :mad:. Parker & Setterfield with horrible scores and looks like the latter may be a handy loophole for a week or two.

Trades Planned: None. But up for consideration are Rocky/Marshall/Stack. Going away for the long weekend so might be best to avoid any trades as I won't be able to watch many games.

frosty1

Score: 2,257
Weekly Rank: 6 961
Overall Rank: 16 007 (from 30K)
Heroes: Grundy (VC), Whitfield, Neale, Merett, Walsh, Heeney, Billings
Villains: Danger, B.Crouch, Williams, Moore, Parker, Butters
Trades Made: Dusty -> Whitfield
Trades Planned: Parker, Setterfield -> Stack, Hore (via Moore). (Some consideration to Scully instead of Stack)
Comments: Was 300+ ahead of 100s before the Port game, and thought I was flying. Then late saturday carnage got me. Sunday was saved by Billings and hence ended with a good score, but was leading a league match by 330, with 4 players the same, and the opponent having the additional Cripps (C). That hurt.

Still, was >50 000th a fortnight ago, so have made good headway.

IDIG

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,205
Weekly Rank: 18,354
Overall Rank: 59,538 (from 77,745)
Heroes: Grundy C, Cripps, Whitfield, Heeney, Billings, Walsh
Villains: ZWilliams, Danger and me for not locking in Atkins score over Butters
Trades Made: Out: Dusty/Short, In: Lloyd/Libba
Trades Planned: Rocky in for Butters somehow.
Comments: Slowly recovering from my horrible start. Got a bit greedy not locking in Atkins score but that's how the rookie cookie crumbles sometimes. Only about 500 pts from the top 5k so no need to go full POD mode yet.

BlufBlufShuv

50 Games Club
Round Score: 2170

Round position: 30,042

Overall: 19325 from 21,160

Heroes: Grundy (c) Neale, et al

Villains: Just the points left on the bench

Trades made Atkins to Libba

Trades planned: probably yes, at least one down-grade, maybe two. Haven't 100% decided what to do with Dunkley so will mull it over ahead of team selections later this week.

Comments: Nearly went Gibbons to Libba a week ago and I think it was a mistake not to. Also not picking him originally was a mistake. Rocky looks like another gift-horse but it will be difficult for me to accommodate him. All in all many more possibilities to choose from on the old Super Coach decision tree and this is a really interesting part of the season for me as a result. This is why we play.

Eagling

400 Games Club
AFL Club
West Coast
Team at the conclusion of Round 5:

TOP 50K for the first time this season I am a brilliant coach!

The greatest Supercoach mystery of them all: Can I go the first five weeks without trading for the first time ever?

Connoisseur

Rising Star Winner
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 2210
Weekly Rank: 16,943
Overall Rank: 15,500 (from 21907)
Heroes: B Grundy (C), Z Merrett, L Neale, T Atkins, L Whitfield, B Smith, R Laird, S Collins, S Walsh, I Heeney, J Darling and T Goldtsein
Villains: Z Butters, P Dangerfield, Z Williams,
Trades Planned: None
Comments: Consistently scoring just over 2200 so happy with the start and will continue persevering with J Darling and T Goldstein. Hopefully will be able to welcome N Fyfe back this week. Only the 2 trades used currently which was Out: T Greene, M Hore, In: J Scrimshaw and B Smith in RD3. Possibly entertaining the idea of trading M Hore back in by trading Z Butters out pocketing 130,000 via X Duursma pushing him to M8 which could allow a T Kelly/H Andrews/K Simpson/J Westhoff type to come in early for a S Collins/etc.

teatai

50 Games Club
AFL Club
North Melb.
Score: 2,284
Weekly Rank: 3,688
Overall Rank: 1,236 (from 3,164)
Heroes: Lloyd, Whitfield, Smith, Cripps, Macrae, Steele, Libba, Walsh, GRUNDY VC, Gawn, Heeney,
Villains: Williams, Danger, Moore, Parker
Trades Made: Fyfe and Darling to Libba and Lloyd
Trades Planned: thinking of Butters & Parker to Stack and Marshall or just the 1 will have to read more about Marshall
Comment: 16 points off 2300+ sad, but overall great effort I avoided the likes of Clark and Butters score which help me with the win in all my leagues. Love my new recruits in Lloyd and Libba hopefully they can go big again while Fyfe cops the De Boar tag and scores low this coming round so I don't feel as bad.
Potential targets this week are Rotham/Stack for downgrade options still ponder with Marshall as he will face his biggest test this coming week against Gawn. Rocky is my other target he looks like his old self again and right now could be a good time to get him but faces a tough eagles side this week so will have to wait and see i guess.

Score: 2315
Weekly Rank: 1606
Overall Rank: 2587
Heroes: Grundy (VC), Cripps, Whitfield, Heeney, Rockliff, Walsh
Villains: Z. Williams, Dangerfield, Dunkley :(
Trades Planned: Dunkley to literally anyone else
Comments Terrible start to the week when with 15 minutes until lockout I reverse my trade of Dunkley -> Marshall which cost me 40 points and 90k. Can't complain too much with another decent score and only 2 trades used so far but mistakes like holding Dunkley could cost a fair bit down the line

Professor

100 Games Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Score: 2,020
Weekly Rank: 91,152
Overall Rank: 66,043 (from 55,457)
Heroes: Grundy C, Cripps, Walsh, Laird, Andrews, Smith, Macrae, Coniglio, Gawn and Scrimshaw.
Villains: Williams, Crouch, Danger, KellyT, Dunkley, Westhoff.
Rubbish Rookies: Clark, Butters Gibbons, Parker. Special mention to Burgess and Setters on the pine
Trades Made: None, 30 left.
Trades Planned: to be confirmed
Comments: 9 tons which is quite good and a 98 from Scrimshaw. Dunkley and Hoff failed miserably, not sure what to do atm, bleeding $$$ so makes it hard to upgrade. I'm 1 premium or midpricer short in the mids compared to other teams, missed out on a couple of rookies, don't want to go Stack this week, but the $76k approx he increases is tempting compared to the slow burns in Gibbons, Setterfield, Burgess, and 2 floating donuts is not helping. Don't have Rocky, Libba, or premos in Lloyd, Whitfield in defence. About 1000 points behind leader already, so just making up the numbers, will see if I can bring in a Pod. Good luck to all. Just remember a week is a long time in footy, except we have a 4 day break. 😁

Ironhawk

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,178
Weekly Rank: 27,090
Overall Rank: 51,799 (from 64,422)
Heroes: Whitfield, Rockliff, Walsh, Grundy, Newnes
Villains: Fwd line, Sheed, B. Crouch, Crisp (again)
Trades Made: English and Treloar to Grundy and Kelly
Trades Planned: No idea. Half my team needs trading.....
Comments: Should have been a lot better. Had two decent fwd scores, the third highest at 66 sums up my week. No real star mids either means I get blown out by people with Cripps/Neale/Macrae etc every round.

Was around 1K short of getting Heeney, got Kelly instead who I thought was meant to be decent and that lost me around 100 pts. I blame Treloar for not scoring enough in R1-3 to let me do that trade - at least I am rid of him now.

Had 1 semi decent bench score in the low 70's, the rest under 60. Pretty much no money coming at all there, so not sure how to improve my team from here. I think I maybe have 5-6 keepers, another 5-6 reasonable players, the rest are completely unreliable or junk. :sick:

My season is practically over, think I'll end up burning through all my trades before I even get close to a league win. Went for a riskier starting side, with a few more cheaper premiums and mid pricers. It sucked. Never again.

stephen

400 Games Club
AFL Club
St Kilda
Score: 2367
Weekly Rank: 299
Overall Rank: 2,358
Heroes: Whitfield, B Smith, Scrimshaw, Wilkie (just for $$), Cripps, Bontempelli, Z Merrett, Rockliff, Walsh, Grundy (c), Heeney, Billings
Villains: Had Parker on field but I love him and he had excuses so I refuse to call him a villain
Trades Made: Dusty to Merrett, Gibbons to Stack
Trades Planned: Think I'll get Hore and Marshall in
Comments: A much more fun way to play. What a great game. Go Saints!

Darkie

Vice Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood
Score: 2210
Weekly Rank: 16,943
Overall Rank: 15,500 (from 21907)
Heroes: B Grundy (C), Z Merrett, L Neale, T Atkins, L Whitfield, B Smith, R Laird, S Collins, S Walsh, I Heeney, J Darling and T Goldtsein
Villains: Z Butters, P Dangerfield, Z Williams,
Trades Planned: None
Comments: Consistently scoring just over 2200 so happy with the start and will continue persevering with J Darling and T Goldstein. Hopefully will be able to welcome N Fyfe back this week. Only the 2 trades used currently which was Out: T Greene, M Hore, In: J Scrimshaw and B Smith in RD3. Possibly entertaining the idea of trading M Hore back in by trading Z Butters out pocketing 130,000 via X Duursma pushing him to M8 which could allow a T Kelly/H Andrews/K Simpson/J Westhoff type to come in early for a S Collins/etc.
You know it's not going so well when your PODs are on other people's cheap upgrade lists! :)

Bomber18

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 2,271
Overall Rank: 1,824 (from 3,976)
Heroes: Cripps, Libba, Grundy (c), Heeney, Whitfield, MARSHALL, Rocky, Walsh, Scrimshaw, Collins, BSmith
Villains: TKelly, Butters, ZWilliams, Gray, Danger
Trades Made: Fyfe/Balta to Libba/MARSHALL
Trades Planned: Butters to Stack; possibly Ridley/Parker to Hore/Rotham as a second.

Comments: Was feeling pretty iffy about my week after getting hit with Butters/TKelly/ZWilliams on Saturday. Butters especially was annoying as it was either him or Drew on field realistically, and Drew was the one that got that free kick in front of goal late. Cost about 45 points. The 140 from Rocky helped to soften the blow.
Really needed Marshall to be a good pick to make up for it and was stoked when he delivered! Great pickup for $340k, hoping he can hold ground against Gawn and then continue to get 100s against the McEvoy types. Still a long way to go but looking promising for now.

I seem to have all the decent midpricers (decent for the time being at least) in Rocky, Libba and Marshall. Don’t have Lloyd, Macrae and Neale. Will need to set up a balanced plan to bring in the top bracket players alongside more value options like Oliver, Laird, Westhoff. Especially if they don’t get tagged any time soon. Happy enough with my side, will be interesting to see how it stacks up later on against a pure GnR side (*looks at GGs side*....)