Discussion Round 5: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Sorry but that is how they are trying to get around it (AFL.com.au & FoxSports outline it) , similar to how the Victorian teams going to WA will quarantine and then could use that when they enter SA on the way home to play games their)

Anyway Rd 6 & 7 are getting rejigged.

The options are fairly simple :-

WA Hub
SA/NT Hub
NSW/QLD Hub - maybe with Cairns & Townsville

The complexity lies in trying to work out the Melbourne clubs that have already played each other and then working out the right combo to send where.
Door ajar for Vic clubs to play in SA, Qld tightens rules
Victorian clubs could play in SA after quarantining in another state, while Queensland brings in 14-day restrictions
https://www.afl.com.au/news/459420/door-ajar-for-vic-clubs-to-play-in-sa-qld-tightens-rules

AFL Club
Collingwood
For this to work they need to play Syd and GWS in NSW. Playing a Vic team would “restart” the quarantine period according to new QLD guidelines.
Exactly hence my post play in NSW Rd 7 & 8 so logically the Giants & Swans , I guess now the other option is to fly to SA/WA Rd 7 & 8 and play Victorian teams their , then play the Giants & Swans in Rd 9 & 10.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Door ajar for Vic clubs to play in SA, Qld tightens rules
Victorian clubs could play in SA after quarantining in another state, while Queensland brings in 14-day restrictions
https://www.afl.com.au/news/459420/door-ajar-for-vic-clubs-to-play-in-sa-qld-tightens-rules
eg Collingwood & Geelong

Fly to WA after Round 6 go into quarantine
Round 7 play each other
Round 8 & 9 play Freo v WCE

Fly to SA ( no quarantine required)

Round 10 & 11 play Adelaide & Port

many many ways to do the jigsaw , just might not end up with all teams playing each other which was the original aim

AFL Club
Brisbane
I would have taken Hill in a heartbeat round 1 but it was just such a struggle for him to get his first game even with the extended break the risk outweighs the reward now.
Did they say superdraft? Rowell, Serong and Green. Serong attended more centre bounces than Brayshaw. I watched Green closely the other night because I already have him and he is fearless.
Beijing Sting might be able to tell us about their star sign.
er ... why? Not really my forte, but sure, why not...

Matty Rowell's birthday is tomorrow! July 2001 - He's Cancer
Serong's 9 February 2001 - He's Aquarius
Green's 23 January 2001- He's Aquarius

They are all snakes according to Chinese Zodiac... It is not the Year of the Snake though, it is the Year of the Rat.

I am struggling ... I have too much money in the bank and not enough trades to get these rookies in. Thinking I sacrifice an upgrade again, and go Fyfe to Green. Looks like I will have to miss on Serong.

AFL Club
Fremantle
er ... why? Not really my forte, but sure, why not...

Matty Rowell's birthday is tomorrow! July 2001 - He's Cancer
Serong's 9 February 2001 - He's Aquarius
Green's 23 January 2001- He's Aquarius

They are all snakes according to Chinese Zodiac... It is not the Year of the Snake though, it is the Year of the Rat.

I am struggling ... I have too much money in the bank and not enough trades to get these rookies in. Thinking I sacrifice an upgrade again, and go Fyfe to Green. Looks like I will have to miss on Serong.
Sorry. Didn't mean to throw you in the deep end. But I always notice you mentioning which Chinese year of it is. :)